Coffee Shop

Rheo

Has anyone had to get a National ID card? Started this discussion on The Porch after Mr G went to get his license renewed and they told him he had to have one and that everyone must have one within the next 8 years?

National ID Card? That has a rather teutonic sound to it....Your Papers Please.

BTW we already have one, its called the social security card.

I don't want to go all Nutter on this, but I've alarm bells going off,

A National ID Card For American Citizens? Get Ready – The Real ID Act Goes Into Effect On May 11 2011

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/a-national-id-card-for-american-citizens-get-ready-the-real-id-act-goes-into-effect-on-may-11

The libertarian in me finds this very disturbing.

A Shout-Out To Those Dealing With Allergies

Mollie Hemingway

I don't have allergies. In fact, I used to strongly suspect that in most cases they were made up by people with personal problems. So of course I have a daughter with a severe nut allergy. She handles it very well and after our initial trip to the emergency room, we've never had a major incident and I pray we never will.

(Snip)

And I want to show it to all those Paleo obsessives at my Crossfit gym (and, ok, maybe my husband, too) who act happy when a cookie they've baked with no gluten simply holds together.

Re: the national ID card

It disturbs me, too.

Effective last July 1st, in Georgia, to get a drivers license renewed, we must now provide the following:

- passport or birth certificate

- Social Security card

- two other forms of proof of residency, i.e. copy of bank statement, credit card statement, utility bill, mortgage statement, etc, etc.

When I went to get my driver's license renewed last year I didn't know about the need for proof of residency and had to drive all the way home to get a credit card statement. But I didn't need my SS card or passport/birth certificate. How the heck are illegal aliens getting drivers licenses?!

I renewed mine online last year [good for 5 years] but I did give them my DL# & I paid w/credit card.

Follow the dot in this youtube:

H/T:BonedJello

• Like 1

When I went to get my driver's license renewed last year I didn't know about the need for proof of residency and had to drive all the way home to get a credit card statement. But I didn't need my SS card or passport/birth certificate. How the heck are illegal aliens getting drivers licenses?!

A. Stolen/Forged IDs

B. Certain States say it's ok if they are here illegally.

Just a thought, freely given and worth almost that much.

Large parts of the Left/Moderates are screaming at the top of their lungs that we need more gun control, because if we don't.....(well actually I'm not quite sure what will happen but I am assured it will be very very bad), so my idea is to combine this with Federalism. One State, preferably one run by our sisters and brothers on the Left, ban firearms, or if you feel the need to own one (fascist!) you must keep it stored with the State. Then the rest of us sit back and see what happens. Now I understand that if you are someone living in that State you may find yourself well and truly screwed, sorry bout that...take one for the team....or better yet get the hell out of Dodge.

• Like 2

EXCLUSIVE: Biden Commission Recommendations on Gun Violence Leaked...

http://suckersonpara...n.html?spref=fb

Some of the recommendations to the Presidents Commission on Gun Violence headed by V.P. Joe Biden have been leaked to Middle Finger News late this evening. Commission members unhappy with some of the new rules put forth for review leaked the points most favored by commission chairman Biden. Here are just a few we were able to obtain:

* All firearms manufactured or imported into the United States must be fitted with delay action, allowing a brightly colored flag reading ‘BANG’ to be released to warn potential victims preceding the projectile leaving the firing chamber.

Scissors-32x32.png

* All concealed gun permit holders shall be required to wear underwear outside their clothing (officially referred to as Biden Style) to warn potential victims of nearby dangers of gun enthusiast. Scissors-32x32.png

Looks like I'll have to get some "Urban Camo" underwear....

Root for the KGB?

Jonah Goldberg

From the Hollywood Reporter:

Briefly sidelined by Sandy, FX’s The Americans started production in New York in December and gets a speedy launch on the network later this month.

The thriller, which stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as embedded Soviet spies in 1981 Washington, DC, made an appearance during Wednesday’s Television Critics Association winter press tour — and producers were quick to emphasize who viewers should be rooting for.

“It might be a little different to believe and get used to, but we want you to root for the KGB,” said EP Joel Fields. “They’re going to try to get the Soviets to win the Cold War.”

History knows they’re fighting a losing battle, but the creative team behind the high-profile launch expressed a confidence that more than enough time has passed for American audiences to not hold a grudge.

(Snip)

I await a show where I am supposed to root for the SS.

Root for the KGB?

Jonah Goldberg

Briefly sidelined by Sandy, FX's The Americans started production in New York in December and gets a speedy launch on the network later this month.

The thriller, which stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as embedded Soviet spies in 1981 Washington, DC, made an appearance during Wednesday's Television Critics Association winter press tour — and producers were quick to emphasize who viewers should be rooting for.

"It might be a little different to believe and get used to, but we want you to root for the KGB," said EP Joel Fields. "They're going to try to get the Soviets to win the Cold War."

History knows they're fighting a losing battle, but the creative team behind the high-profile launch expressed a confidence that more than enough time has passed for American audiences to not hold a grudge.

(Snip)

And al qaeda?

Root for the KGB?

Jonah Goldberg

Briefly sidelined by Sandy, FX's The Americans started production in New York in December and gets a speedy launch on the network later this month.

The thriller, which stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as embedded Soviet spies in 1981 Washington, DC, made an appearance during Wednesday's Television Critics Association winter press tour — and producers were quick to emphasize who viewers should be rooting for.

"It might be a little different to believe and get used to, but we want you to root for the KGB," said EP Joel Fields. "They're going to try to get the Soviets to win the Cold War."

History knows they're fighting a losing battle, but the creative team behind the high-profile launch expressed a confidence that more than enough time has passed for American audiences to not hold a grudge.

(Snip)

And al qaeda?

I assume you are referring to the social reformation group. They are just misunderstood, and it's all Amerika's fault. rolleyes.gif

Root for the KGB?

Jonah Goldberg

The thriller, which stars Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys as embedded Soviet spies in 1981 Washington, DC, made an appearance during Wednesday's Television Critics Association winter press tour and producers were quick to emphasize who viewers should be rooting for.

(Snip)

laugh.png

I am looking forward to this program because I like Keri Russel. That's as deep as my thinking goes these days.