Election Day 2012 LIVE THREAD

clearvision

From a comment @ iOTW:

Lisl November 7th, 2012

I’ve said this before, but I’m going to say it again and you downers need to LISTEN UP.

I’m not some starry-eyed optimist who thinks a little love will change this truly shi**y night or that it will all be better somehow, some way. I am quite aware we are in a terrible situation.

Do you really think whinging and eeyoring over this night will change anything!? “We are truly lost”? WTF? Yes, if this is the only response we can muster up, then by God we are lost.

But if we stop focusing on how it is all the RINOs’ fault and start getting more pro-active with the phone calls, the letter campaigns–DON’T ALLOW BENGHAZI TO WITHER AWAY INTO THE FINE PRINT…if we do this AND MORE, we have a better chance. And I mean we have to KEEP IT UP. There’s no rest for the weary, folks, if you want to stop Obama, then one of the only ways is to continue to support those who blocked his efforts for the last four years. Had they not blocked him, he would have gotten a lot more sh*t past us than he did. So enough with the finger pointing and name calling–they have realities to deal with, whether we like it or not.

Moreover, this isn’t a country that belongs to those who go sit in and yell all day in Congress. IT BELONGS to US–and nothing worth having is easy to maintain. If you love this country, STOP EFFING WHINGING and prepare to do something about the sh*t that happened tonight.

I know you are tired. I was looking forward to the end of this creepy, bothersome campaign myself. But it is not to be. We’ve got to prepare to fight for what we want, because no one–NO ONE–is going to hand it to us on a silver platter. OUR FREEDOM HAS NEVER BEEN FREE. Own that, and prepare to secure it for the future generations.

And remember: This nation overcame the only superpower’s army in order to be born, and rose above anything the world had ever seen before. Washington’s army nearly froze to death; and even the horror of Antietam didn’t give the Confederacy a victory in the end. It looks really bad, but our ancestors didn’t give up. They kept fighting even through disaster–for us. We OWE it to them to do the same. If not, we shame them.

Gracie and Chillax said it–This is not over, people. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

I would add:

Resurrect the TEA Party & aim for the 2014 Senate elections. This is now a guerrilla war for the Republic.

• Like 1

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." (Benjamin Franklin)

righteousmomma

Goodnight, Sr woodchuck .

Went to bed early because of arthritis pain, waked up at 2 and am in total shock. Just makes no sense.

• Like 1

Slept for 2 hours, and woke up to that awful sick feeling washing over me again. It is that same feeling as when somebody you really love suddenly dies. Sometimes 2 Advil P.M.s don't even help.

Right now we are going to have to absorb this and work to get ourselves back to some kind of "normal" -- get over the feeling of having been kicked in the gut at least. Then we will be ready to fight on like @SrWoodchuck's post urged. At least I hope so. We certainly can't give up. So much is at stake.

All I can say is that pretty much SUCKED!

A couple of quick thoughts...We got some work to do! In the coming weeks I would not want to be a card carrying member of the "Establishment" GOP because the knives are going to be out...and deservedly so. The Progressives now own it...I hope they enjoy it.

righteousmomma

I know what you are saying , Nickydog and I empathize but I am dreadfully afraid that the United State of America that we have always known and loved is a memory that can never be attained again. I grieve for us all but especially for our grandchildren.

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." (Benjamin Franklin)

Machiavelli talks about this in the Discourses, about how difficult it is for a corrupted people to maintain their freedom.

I hate being pessimistic, but today...I'm pretty pessimistic about the future. This is going to be bad. Welcome to Greece

• Like 4

There has got to be some major changes in the Party. What I am talking about is the consultants...the Smart Guys who told us Vote for Romney because he was the only one who could win, because he was...moderate..he could appeal to the center. Well how did that work out? I'm not just talking about the national party, (although there does need to be a house cleaning there, a lot of these people need to lose their jobs) Here in Mn. the Democrats have retaken the Senate & House. Voter ID & Same Sex Marriage amendment lost.

When Mia Love, Allen West lose, and Alen 'I'm crazier than a loon' Grayson Win...there are some very serious problems in the party.

If you get the impression that I am really pissed...you win a cookie.

The people running the GOP while they maybe good people, are loosers, they don't know how to win. And I wonder how many of them really want to?

• Like 1

It is going to get bad @Valin. But I don't blame the party. This was bigger then the men running. Mitt and his team ran a good campaign. This was about the values the people of this country now have. THAT is what is depressing to me. We can change candidates, we can change messengers, we can change advisors... But we can't change the fact that our country chose the Sandra flukes over the Mia loves and the Elizabeth warrens over the Scott browns. That is a values problem, not a strategic one.

• Like 3

Who are these people? These consultants? Do we know their names?

I think my sick feeling is moving on to getting mad, which actually feels a whole lot better.

Slept for 2 hours, and woke up to that awful sick feeling washing over me again. It is that same feeling as when somebody you really love suddenly dies.

Same here. 2 hours, then tossed & turned the rest of the night.

It is going to get bad @Valin. But I don't blame the party. This was bigger then the men running. Mitt and his team ran a good campaign. This was about the values the people of this country now have. THAT is what is depressing to me. We can change candidates, we can change messengers, we can change advisors... But we can't change the fact that our country chose the Sandra flukes over the Mia loves and the Elizabeth warrens over the Scott browns. That is a values problem, not a strategic one.

Question? Who ran the campaigns? Who advised the candidates? Who framed the message?

And I'm not just talking about the Presidential campaign. This goes right down the the State parties.

So you gonna buy a Bag-O-Weed? tongue.png

Slept for 2 hours, and woke up to that awful sick feeling washing over me again. It is that same feeling as when somebody you really love suddenly dies.

Same here. 2 hours, then tossed & turned the rest of the night.

So what are you gonna do about it? I guarantee there are people in the party (State & National) who think this anger will blow over and things will go back to normal.

@Valin, I don't know what I'm going to do about it. Right now I'm going to go eat some breakfast and go to the Y for my workout and just basically try to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

When I get past the "stunned disbelief" stage I'll begin mulling ways to direct my anger, which WILL NOT blow over.

• Like 4