Coffee Shop

Rheo

University Refuses Tuition Aid for Combat Vets; Gives It to Mexican Illegals Instead

http://www.therightp...legals-instead/

FNC-Exclusive:

The University of North Carolina, which is currently giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition benefits, denied an Army sergeant the same break at its Pembroke branch even though she owns a home in the Tar Heel state and only moved away briefly because the military stationed her husband in Texas.

Hayleigh Perez, 26, hoped to use her G.I. Bill to attend the UNC’s Pembroke campus near Fort Bragg, but the young veteran — who served a 14-month tour in Iraq — was told she did not qualify as a state resident because she had been gone for about three years.

“I got frustrated. When I tried to inquire, they kept putting up roadblocks,” Perez told FoxNews.com. “It’s just disgraceful that life in Iraq, where you could die, is easier than trying to go to school here.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Perez was honorably discharged in September 2009, and, after giving birth to daughter Calleigh, and sought to build a post-military career. When her husband won a transfer back to Fort Bragg to rejoin his family, Perez started applying to colleges in the area in hopes of pursuing a master’s degree as a physician’s assistant. She told FoxNews.com she was accepted to both UNC’s Fayetteville and Pembroke branches and chose Pembroke. But Perez was shocked when UNC-Pembroke officials told her she was not considered an in-state resident, even though the Fayetteville branch said she was.

Scissors-32x32.png

“The process was demeaning. They [Pembroke] treated me so poorly I felt like I was a criminal on trial,” she said. “They told me I couldn’t reapply.”

Sgt. Jason Thigpen, founder and president of the Student Veterans Advocacy Group, which is helping Perez make an appeal to the school, said nearly 250,000 other student veterans nationwide have been forced to pay out-of-pocket while using their G.I. Bill due to “adverse and short-sighted changes our federal government made.”

Adding insult to injury, says Thigpen, is the fact the UNC is currently considering granting in-state tuition benefits to illegal immigrants at all 16 of its branches, including Pembroke.

Scissors-32x32.png

This could be my DIL.......it took her 14 months to contract w/Army for her commission after her ROTC....even with a 4.0 average......

Just torques me to no end!

If you are going to up late, here is a site that will be showing the movie Argo.

01:13 am Argo 2012 A dramatization of the 1980 joint CIA-Canadian secret operation to extract six fugitive American diplomatic personnel out of revolutionary Iran. Director: Ben Affleck Writers: Chris Terrio (screenplay), Joshuah Bearman (article) Stars: Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman

It may mention downloading something, just click on 'remind me later'.

Edited by clearvision
Sort of late but took out link as that is quite illegal... the movie is still in theaters.

University Refuses Tuition Aid for Combat Vets; Gives It to Mexican Illegals Instead

FNC-Exclusive:

The University of North Carolina, which is currently giving illegal immigrants in-state tuition benefits, denied an Army sergeant the same break at its Pembroke branch even though she owns a home in the Tar Heel state and only moved away briefly because the military stationed her husband in Texas.

Hayleigh Perez, 26, hoped to use her G.I. Bill to attend the UNC’s Pembroke campus near Fort Bragg, but the young veteran — who served a 14-month tour in Iraq — was told she did not qualify as a state resident because she had been gone for about three years.

“I got frustrated. When I tried to inquire, they kept putting up roadblocks,” Perez told FoxNews.com. “It’s just disgraceful that life in Iraq, where you could die, is easier than trying to go to school here.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Perez was honorably discharged in September 2009, and, after giving birth to daughter Calleigh, and sought to build a post-military career. When her husband won a transfer back to Fort Bragg to rejoin his family, Perez started applying to colleges in the area in hopes of pursuing a master’s degree as a physician’s assistant. She told FoxNews.com she was accepted to both UNC’s Fayetteville and Pembroke branches and chose Pembroke. But Perez was shocked when UNC-Pembroke officials told her she was not considered an in-state resident, even though the Fayetteville branch said she was.

Scissors-32x32.png

“The process was demeaning. They [Pembroke] treated me so poorly I felt like I was a criminal on trial,” she said. “They told me I couldn’t reapply.”

Sgt. Jason Thigpen, founder and president of the Student Veterans Advocacy Group, which is helping Perez make an appeal to the school, said nearly 250,000 other student veterans nationwide have been forced to pay out-of-pocket while using their G.I. Bill due to “adverse and short-sighted changes our federal government made.”

Adding insult to injury, says Thigpen, is the fact the UNC is currently considering granting in-state tuition benefits to illegal immigrants at all 16 of its branches, including Pembroke.

Scissors-32x32.png

This could be my DIL.......it took her 14 months to contract w/Army for her commission after her ROTC....even with a 4.0 average......

At some point she should have told them, where they could go and what they could do when they got there.

And yes this should get you angry!

FNC-Exclusive:

Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.png

At some point she should have told them, where they could go and what they could do when they got there.

And yes this should get you angry!

She has already served a tour in Europe [Germany] as an E-5. She has perfect grades [4.0] and serves in the Utah National Guard [a weekend a month + 2 wks a year]....she is a commander of the Utah State "Utes" Thunder Cannon serving at all home games.....and a wife to my son & mother of 2 of my grandchildren. In contracting for a commission [on graduation] she was "passed over" for younger ROTC men & considered less "optimal" for being a former E-5. This represented a difference of $900@ month. She wants to be a career Army officer.......so despite the treatment.....she took the crap & did her duty. She wouldn't even think about telling them where to go & what to do. A group of her fellow ROTC went to their ROTC commander & complained on her behalf......she had a backlog of service awards that his office had "forgotten" and after the meeting, she was offered her contract. She's the best that America has to offer [i'm biased] & yes, it made me angry.

WHITE HOUSE INSIDER: Emergency All Call At Obama White House

Got word an all-call went out at the WH A.M. today.

That means they are doing what’s called “huddling”. Has to be related to the Benghazi news now hitting. Have good source in Chicago saying their office is acting very odd today as well. Can’t say if this will break out all the way now, but we are getting very close to an all out WH red alert scenario. Not there yet but very close.

Significant activity from Ruemmler’s office over the last 24.

In this situation there will likely be 1 of 2 responses from WH.

-Highly controlled briefing response. Attempt explanation, then hope story gets buried over weekend and race to election day.

-Announced resignation of someone inside administration. President apologizes for mistakes by some in his administration. That deal could be under negotiation at this very moment.

Second scenario not as likely. Not yet. But the Ruemmler activity makes me believe there’s more damaging information out there to the administration on Benghazi than has already come out today. They are trying to assess what will and will not get out to determine response. To have a potential scandal of this magnitude so close to an election is unprecedented. Priority for them will be to insulate the president. Got to try and cut that off. Get someone inside go public and point the finger at Obama.

Now I do what I do best.

• Like 1

WALL STREET INSIDER: “There is power and there is POWER”

“God’s hand now guides this election.” -Wall Street Insider

Dear Friend,

I apologize for my lack of communication of late. So much to be done with what time is left to me. Each day I feel stronger though, which of course contradicts what was told to me mere months ago. Perhaps true purpose has given me the strength to do what must be done? I like to think so as the ledger of my soul leaves much yet to be accounted for. Decades of arrogance and character malpractice have left very deep and regrettable bruising.

snip

P.S. I shall tease you with a hint here. I apologize for doing so, but it is the imp in me that requires it. One among many of my projects is to be the following, and it does relate directly to the political interpretations of this time. Where I am happy to report the written word now faces justifiable challenge, I now turn to the visual medium to shake the confidence of those who helped manufacture the disaster of these last four years, as well as those who continue to cover up the Benghazi tragedy. That blood upon those hands will not wash off:

• Like 1

WHITE HOUSE INSIDER: Emergency All Call At Obama White House

Got word an all-call went out at the WH A.M. today.

That means they are doing what’s called “huddling”. Has to be related to the Benghazi news now hitting. Have good source in Chicago saying their office is acting very odd today as well. Can’t say if this will break out all the way now, but we are getting very close to an all out WH red alert scenario. Not there yet but very close.

Significant activity from Ruemmler’s office over the last 24.

In this situation there will likely be 1 of 2 responses from WH.

-Highly controlled briefing response. Attempt explanation, then hope story gets buried over weekend and race to election day.

-Announced resignation of someone inside administration. President apologizes for mistakes by some in his administration. That deal could be under negotiation at this very moment.

Second scenario not as likely. Not yet. But the Ruemmler activity makes me believe there’s more damaging information out there to the administration on Benghazi than has already come out today. They are trying to assess what will and will not get out to determine response. To have a potential scandal of this magnitude so close to an election is unprecedented. Priority for them will be to insulate the president. Got to try and cut that off. Get someone inside go public and point the finger at Obama.

Now I do what I do best.

@Rheo, thanks!

Found this link in the comments, from RightScoop:

Dennis Miller Show @DennisDMZ 39m

NBA's David Stern will step down as commish. Only one possible follow-up job for one so abrasive and ineffectual: Chairman of the DNC.

Maybe not. ha

NBA commissioner says Obama 'not that good' on court

The outgoing commissioner of the National Basketball Association says President Obama's skill on the court is exaggerated.

David Stern, who announced on Thursday he would be stepping down as commissioner, told the Reuters news agency that Obama, an avid basketball fan, isn't "that good."

"He's not that good," Stern said. "He's a lefty, he goes the same way every time. I'm sorry. And I'm a loyal Democrat, a passionate Democrat and he's not as good as he thinks he is."

snip

Another massive crowd in Ohio! What an event on the baseball diamond at Hoover High School. This is Romney/Ryan country pic.twitter.com/kHWOjnZy

Thanks for the Mitt's Body Man tip @pollyannaish!

A6LFVizCQAADJLk.jpg

@SenJohnMcCain: 45 years ago today I intercepted a surface-to-air missile with my own airplane over Hanoi!

Senators demand White House declassify Libya video

(AP) -- Republican senators are demanding that the Obama administration make public the surveillance video taken during last month's deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, which killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

Sens. John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayotte wrote to President Barack Obama's defense secretary, CIA director and attorney general demanding that the video be declassified.

snip