2012 Presidential Election part 6

Valin

@Valin -- that is rather painful to watch and they are so proud of being so dumb

Ah The Future Leaders Of America! I feel sooo much better about this nation! rolleyes.gif

@clearvision @Rheo

Although I thought Mitt's were better "The Presidents speech is brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion" "I'm Mitt Romney and I approve of this message."

Obama got some good one's "Well rested from the 1st debate" "I went shopping at some stores, Romney went shopping for some stores."

I haven't watched Obama's yet.

I usually can't bear to listen to his voice for more than 10 seconds but I watched his whole shtick. In all fairness, he got in a few good ones. The audience seemed more enthusiastic for Mitt though.

• Like 1

Even the guy that introduced Obama said 'we are excited you are here, not as excited as four years ago...'

And Mitt describing his job and the job of the press. His job to lay out a plan and vision for America and the press to make sure no one ever saw it.

• Like 2

A couple of reactions to the Alfred E. Smith Dinner:

I watched Obama all the way through. If Obama continues with that kind of rhetoric, less thin skinned, more hopeful, less blaming, patriotic he will be a much better ex president than he was president. That is NOT the Obama you see on the campaign trail. It was tolerable, and most of the time when I see him I can not stand to listen. It had plenty of self-deprication, pokes at Romney, and emphasis on the right thing. For the first time in MONTHS his body language and rhetoric did not sound discordant in light of what he promised. I think this is because he feels very, very comfortable with Elite liberals. They know him, he knows them. They raised him. He is much less comfortable around regular people. So he did just fine.

Romney was amazing. What made his so wonderful is his ability to stick the knife in and turn it so good naturedly. His timing is impeccable, he is respectful...and he is direct. I LOVE that about him. And the fact that people find this side of Romney so unexpected makes what he did absolutely beautiful. Obama laughed along with it, but you could see that it rattled his insecurities. You see it in the stills, and in the brief moments between his laughter...Romney intimidates him. He seems much, much smaller in the room when Romney is around. And I think Romney articulated the way many people are feeling right now.

I am going to be thrilled to call him President Romney. In the beltway, but still, somehow one of us and not OF the beltway.

• Like 4

My Head Hurts...Real Real Bad.

Are these idiots actually going to vote?! My gosh, all they've done is come out to see a celebrity.

Romney delivered his one-liners very well. I wasn't sure how he would do as a comedian but it was good. Couldn't watch Obama. I was glad to see Katie Couric had so much fun. dry.png

Edited to ask: Was Michelle there? Didn't see any pics of her.

Edited by nickydog