Coffee Shop

Rheo

Libya: Hundreds Demand Militias Disband in Tripoli

9/29/12

TRIPOLI, Libya — Hundreds of Libyans held a demonstration in Tripoli demanding the breakup of militia groups and the formation of a national army and police.

The protesters gathered Friday at Martyrs Square at the heart of the capital despite warnings and religious edicts by the country's grand mufti against the protests.

Security forces were on high alert, diverting traffic away from the square and running checkpoints on main roads.

Protesters carried signs that read: "Libya is in trap, there is no army or police." They also chanted: "Where is the Libyan national army?"

The demonstrations recalled rallies last week in the eastern city of Benghazi. Those turned deadly however after some stormed the headquarters of militia groups.

(Snip)

The 10 Most Damaging Chick Flicks Ever Made

In real life, Baby probably would have ended up as a one-night stand, crying her heart out to her sister while Johnny moved on to his next easy catch.

cassyfiano-26797917.jpg

by

Cassy Fiano

Bio

September 10, 2012 - 7:45 am

Scissors-32x32.png

There’s no denying it: ladies love the chick flicks. For men, they’re instruments of torture they must endure with their woman so they can be rewarded at the end of the night. Women, however, eat them up — especially the under-30 crowd. They’ll drag their boyfriends to them, bond with a group of girlfriends while watching them, or sit at home alone crying to them. Never mind that they’re vapid, formulaic crap that Hollywood can churn out faster than Sandra Fluke can go through condoms. They’re still successful.

Too bad they also send some of the worst messages to women in the history of mankind. Horrible stereotypes, insulting characters, idiotic relationship advice… it’s all there. Some chick flicks are better at hiding it than others, but generally, you can count on the same thing each time. The worst part is, women are actually starting to believe the lunacy they see in these movies!

I posted the article in its own thread. Did you read the whole thing?

I did.

I was thinking of the "unexpectedly" theme. The reset button. The bowing. The inflatable Greek columns (actually, those still make me laugh).

I did.

I was thinking of the "unexpectedly" theme. The reset button. The bowing. The inflatable Greek columns (actually, those still make me laugh).

All style, no substance.

I did.

@saveliberty!

I was so embarrassed when that happened here in Denver. I think the columns were styrofoam or urethane foam, and not inflatable......but the image of flaccid inflatable Ironic columns, is a metaphor for Obama.

Congressional Black Caucus Honors Eric Holder

Attorney General Eric Holder was awarded the Congressional Black Caucus’s Chair Award last Saturday at the Phoenix Awards Dinner in Washington, DC. In her keynote speech for the event, First Lady Michelle Obama gushed over Mr. Holder’s “outstanding contributions to our nation.”

Scissors-32x32.png

blink.pngwallbash.gif

Rheo, you seem to not believe their opinion. smile.png

Attorney General Eric Holder was awarded the Congressional Black Caucus’s Chair Award last Saturday at the Phoenix Awards Dinner in Washington, DC. In her keynote speech for the event, First Lady Michelle Obama gushed over Mr. Holder’s “outstanding contributions to our nation.”

Scissors-32x32.png

blink.pngwallbash.gif

I would prefer he be honored with a jail cell.

• Like 2

Fordo sabotage enabled Netanyahu to move Iran red line to spring 2013

http://www.debka.com...-to-spring-2012

The sabotage of the Fordo uranium enrichment facility’s power lines on Aug. 17 gave Israel Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu extra leeway to move his original red line for Iran from late September 2012 – now – to the spring or early summer of 2013. The disruption of the underground enrichment plant's power supply caused several of the advanced IR-1 and IR-4 centrifuges producing the 20-percent grade uranium to burst into flames. Work was temporarily halted and the accumulation of 240 kilos for Iran’s first nuclear bomb slowed down by at least six months, debkafile’s intelligence sources report.

Scissors-32x32.png

".....to burst into flames......?" Hahahahahahahahaha

Scissors-32x32.png

blink.pngwallbash.gif

I would prefer he be honored with a jail cell.

Yes Our Eric has done so Much!

So I just read the latest results from the World's Happines Report, and the world's happiest countries are 1. Denmark, 2. Finland, 3. Norway, 4. Netherlands, and 5. Canada. Obviously climate has nothing to do with most peoples' happiness. Nor apparently does rate of taxation. I want to be happy, so I guess I will resign myself to Obama's program of fundamentally changing this country. Or could the results of this report have anything to do with the fact that it was commisioned by the U.N.?