2012 Presidential Election part 5

Valin

Al Gore Blames High Altitude For Obama's Poor Debate Performance

Mourning_for_Icarus.jpg

I agree. Obama just flew too close to the sun and the wax in his wings melted.

H/T to DMartyr and The Jawa Report

That pic gave me an "Icky-rush."

Just think but for a couple of hundred votes he could have been President. And if that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

Draggingtree

Mourning_for_Icarus.jpg

I agree. Obama just flew too close to the sun and the wax in his wings melted.

H/T to DMartyr and The Jawa Report

That pic gave me an "Icky-rush."

LMFAO.gif

Draggingtree

More Than 67 Million People Watched Last Night’s Debate

By: Dan McLaughlin (Diary) | October 4th at 06:40 PM | 5

How important was last night’s Romney-Obama debate, which nearly everyone agrees was a lopsided win for Romney? Time will tell. But one thing we can know for sure is that it was, by far, the most-watched event of the 2012 campaign. The importance of debates is itself endlessly debated, and you can’t really tell the role of the debates in a race except with hindsight. Scissors-32x32.png |http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/04/more-than-58-million-people-watched-last-nights-debate/

Draggingtree

More Than 67 Million People Watched Last Night’s Debate

By: Dan McLaughlin (Diary) | October 4th at 06:40 PM | 5

How important was last night’s Romney-Obama debate, which nearly everyone agrees was a lopsided win for Romney? Time will tell. But one thing we can know for sure is that it was, by far, the most-watched event of the 2012 campaign. The importance of debates is itself endlessly debated, and you can’t really tell the role of the debates in a race except with hindsight. Scissors-32x32.png |http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/04/more-than-58-million-people-watched-last-nights-debate/

58 million viewers: Debate ratings top first debate from 2008; Update: Revised upwards to 67.2 million; Update: 70 million?

Oct 4, 2012 4:41 PM by AllahpunditScissors-32x32.png

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/10/04/58-million-viewers-debate-ratings-top-first-debate-from-2008/

BREAKING NEWS!

White House Authorizes Search for President’s Mojo

Andy Borowitz

10/4/12

141185301-465.jpeg

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—The White House today announced that it was offering a “substantial cash reward” for information leading to “the location and safe return of President Obama’s mojo.”

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney announced the search with an air of urgency: “We will use every resource at our disposal to ensure the return of the President’s mojo, and that goes double for his groove.”

Mr. Carney said that as of late Wednesday afternoon no one at the White House knew the President’s mojo was missing, but minutes into last night’s televised debate “it became clear that something was terribly, horribly wrong.”

(Snip)

Romney on '47 percent': I was 'completely wrong'

KASIE HUNT

10/5/12

FISHERSVILLE, Va. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has described his disparaging remarks about the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "not elegantly stated." Now he's calling them "just completely wrong."

(Snip)

Nice Spin Kasie! I think you're ready for MSNBC...Look out Rachel!

Draggingtree

US unemployment 7.8 pct. in September, well my thoughts on these released numbers rigged, zurechtgebastelt, truquees. koolaid.gif

US unemployment 7.8 pct. in September, well my thoughts on these released numbers rigged, zurechtgebastelt, truquees. koolaid.gif

The White House Midnight Tweakers were working overtime on this one.

The problem is that the All Barack Channels are going to just put this under their call signs & the Lame Stream print media is fixing it on their mastheads.

The sheeple will eat it with their morning gruel for the next 30 days......

• Like 1

The Hill: Dems hope Biden can blunt Romney momentum post-debate

Niall Stanage and Amie Parnes

Democratic strategists are eyeing the forthcoming debate between Vice President Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) with a mix of hope and nervousness in the wake of President Obama’s widely panned performance in his leadoff encounter with Mitt Romney Wednesday night.

On the plus side, some Democrats feel that a strong performance from Biden next Thursday could turn the page on the president’s near-debacle in Denver.

(Snip)

Karen Finney, a Democratic strategist who also writes for The Hill, argued that the main potential of the vice-presidential debate was to “blunt the momentum for Romney.”

(Snip)

knoller_normal.jpg

Pres Obama also got a loaf of zucchini bread. Bought some meaty snacks too: a half pound of BBQ jerky and 1/2 pound of mild jerky.

Maybe he can break the leftover jerky to the next debate. Be a nice gesture.

His visit to the Market interrupted normal commerce. Asked how business was, one worker told him "not so good since you've been here."

Draggingtree

The Books Weren’t Cooked. Obama’s Recovery Is Just Crap.

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | October 5th, 2012 at 02:43 PM |

RESIZE: AAA

I don’t think it is healthy for conservatives to scream that both the polls and the jobs report are cooked. I think we can agree there may be statistical errors in both, but I think Phil Klein has the best take on why the jobs number may not be terribly off, but why it is not a good thing. And I think instead of screaming conspiracy, we should explain what is going on and how bad it is.

As Phil notes, the reason for the drop in unemployment is not that people have suddenly gone out and found a bunch of new full time jobs. It’s that part time workers have given up looking for full time work and are now considering their part time jobs to be full time.

a more detailed look at these numbers shows that 572,000 — or about 67 percent — of the reported job gains that contributed to the reduction in the unemployment rate came from workers who had to settle for part time work. BLS explains Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/05/the-books-werent-cooked-obamas-recovery-is-just-crap/

Draggingtree

Obama pays price for ducking the questions

By Dana Milbank, Published: October 4The Washington Post

DENVER

Barack Obama received a valuable reminder in his drubbing at

Wednesday night’s debate: He is a president, not a king.

In the hours after the Republican challenger Mitt Romney embarrassed the incumbent in their first meeting, Obama loyalists expressed puzzlement that the incumbent had done badly. But Obama has only himself to blame, because he set himself up for Wednesday’s emperor-has-no-clothes moment. For the past four years, he has worked assiduously to avoid being questioned, maintaining a regal detachment from the media and other sources of dissent and skeptical inquiry.

Obama has set a modern record for refusal to be quizzed by the media, taking questions from reporters far less often than Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and even George W. Bush. Though his opponent in 2008 promised to take questions from lawmakers like the British prime minister does, Obama has shied from mixing it up with members of Congress, too. And, especially since Rahm Emanuel’s departure, Obama is surrounded by a large number of yes men who aren’t likely to get in his Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-president-obama-doesnt-meet-the-press/2012/10/04/ac688c8a-0e78-11e2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_story.html

Draggingtree

The New Yorker Cover Lays Down A Stone Cold #Eastwooding

Posted on | October 5, 2012 |

by Smitty

Via Drudge, here’s one for the books:

121015_2012_p465.jpg

Debating from an angry chair

Angry pout that steals the air

Ego hurts and I don’t care

What do I see across the way, hey

See my job molded in clay, oh

Stares at me, yeah I’m afraid, hey

Changing the shape of his face, ah yeah

Commies red I have a pair

Numbers dancing everywhere

Polling on the angry chair

Little boy made a mistake, hey
Scissors-32x32.png

What Was Best About Last Night’s Debate Was…

http://thehayride.com/2012/10/what-was-best-about-last-nights-debate-was/

…that it exposed the absolute deficiencies of Barack Obama in a very fundamental way.

You’ve probably heard the pundits say that there was no real memorable moment standing out in the debate, or that there was no knockout blow.

This, of course, is ridiculous. It’s true only in the sense that there was no one moment; there were too many to single out.

When Romney told Obama “you don’t just pick winners and losers, you pick losers” when ripping Obama for his Solyndras and Fiskers, that was every bit as damaging as any debate line in a generation. Ditto when he channeled Joe Biden’s “middle class has been buried” gaffe, or when he referenced his five sons and hearing repetitious lies disguised as true statements. Or when he suggested Obama get a new accountant. Or when he said “I’ve been in business 25 years and I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Scissors-32x32.png

It got so bad for the President at one point where he begged Lehrer to change the subject of the debate. Nobody has ever thrown in the towel like that before.

Lehrer took the cue from Obama and proceeded to “lead the witness” the rest of the way; he allowed Obama to speak for nearly five minutes more than Romney did, and on multiple occasions the host not only provided Obama with direction for his answers but also cut Romney off when he was engaged in particularly violent, if polite, skewerings of Obama’s policies.

Scissors-32x32.png

This was a jarring wake-up call for Obama that he has managed to avoid his entire life. Obama has touted a narrative throughout his career that he came from nothing, that he’s a great American success story and that he’s risen through merit. But that narrative is a lie – and finally, at long last, it’s being exposed.

Obama didn’t come from nothing. Obama’s grandparents were middle class, if not upper middle class. His grandmother was a bank vice president and his grandfather was at least a semi-successful salesman in the furniture business. Obama’s mother managed to hook up with an Indonesian oil executive and he lived in a posh neighborhood in Djakarta as a young child. Obama then attended the best private school in Honolulu, before moving on to three prestigious universities – first Occidental, then Columbia, then Harvard Law. And by his own admission his study habits were not the best at least in high school and as an undergrad. We don’t know what his grades were, but we do know he was the president of the Harvard Law Review and never actually published anything.

And in every political race in which Obama was a candidate, save one, he had the way paved for him. The Chicago machine had his opponent’s ballot petition thrown out when he first ran for the Illinois state senate, and when he ran for the U.S. Senate in 2004 the machine managed to unseal not one but two of his opponents’ divorce records so as to expose personal dirt on those candidates. Obama coasted over a Democrat primary opponent who would have otherwise beaten him, and then he managed to get Republican Jack Ryan, regarded as a shoo-in for victory, to drop out in the general election.....

Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Presidential Debate: A Romney rout

By: Times-Dispatch Staff | Times-Dispatch

Published: October 05, 2012

The mainstream experts proved The Times-Dispatch Editorial Board wrong. "The general consensus is Romney won handily," reported Politico.com on the Thursday morning following the Denver presidential debate. Larry Sabato's Crystal Ball described the debate as perhaps Mitt Romney's best and Barack Obama's worst. We agree. A wag noted that Romney debated an empty chair. Clint Eastwood may have been prophetic.

Has the game changed?

Romney emerged as the more assertive of the two. He took command. Obama seemed reticent, almost disinterested. Romney honed in on a lackluster recovery; Obama in essence counseled patience. By holding his own against the president, the challenger looked presidential. Romney transformed himself into a plausible alternative.

Elevated oratory did not abound. This was a duel of technocrats.Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/rtd-opinion/2012/oct/05/tdopin01-a-romney-rout-ar-2258835/

Draggingtree

Obama's Meltdown Is No Surprise

By Jonah Goldberg - October 6, 2012

It was the Puss in Boots eyes.

If you’ve seen the Shrek movies or the spin-off cartoon starring the storybook cat voiced by Antonio Banderas, you know what I’m talking about. Whenever Puss in Boots really needs something from someone, he flashes these enormous kitten eyes that melt anyone in their path. Whenever my daughter really wants something, she tries to lay them on me, and I have to say, “Stop trying to give me the Puss in Boots eyes . . . you can’t have chocolate cake for dinner.”

I knew Barack Obama was miserable when he tried to give debate moderator Jim Lehrer the Puss in Boots eyes. “You may want to move on to another topic,” Obama implored Lehrer, a bit like a motorcycle thief begging a cop to take him into custody rather than let him stay with the surly biker gang that caught him.

I expected Romney to beat expectations and win the debate (though I had no clue how decisive his victory would be), not because I thought Romney was such a fantastic debater, but because Obama is the single most overrated politician of my lifetime. That’s not to say he’s a bad politician. He’s not. He’s fine, even pretty good. But he’s not the master so Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.realclear...o_surprise.html

logicnreason

One month from today - October 6th, 2012 - we eliminate the stain and the regime!!

30 days.....and counting!

• Like 1