2012 Presidential Election part 5

Valin

I am cheating on this, but I am feeling lazy today. Entire article posted below from http://www.nationalr...margin-error-ka

WaPo Doesn’t Mention Poll Showing Romney Down by Double Digits Has 8-Point Margin of Error

Katrina Trinko

October 1, 2012 3:31 P.M.

Comments

I noted this morning that the scarcity of details about a Washington Post/ABC News poll showing Mitt Romney trailing President Obama by 11 points in swing states meant the results should be taken with some skepticism. Well, now Washington Post blogger Jennifer Rubin reports on why those results should be taken carefully: “As I learned from Post pollster Jon Cohen, that finding is based on the responses of a total of 160 people, and it has a margin of error of 8 percentage points.”

A margin of error of 8 percentage points is huge — not sure if I’ve ever seen a poll with that large a margin. Yet nowhere in the Post story about the poll is there any mention of the sample size or that enormous margin of error.

This poll was done to screw up the Real Clear Politics' poll averages. Distort the average.

An 8 point margin of error? That's not a poll that's a WAG.

That's not a poll...that's wishful thinking. WOW!

With 160 'peoples' it does not matter what their "estimated" error is. Without spending time reading, assuming they did 5 swing states, that is 30 people per state!!!

quit messing them up, we are not supposed to pay any attention to details or apply any logic to this stuff, just believe what they say

• Like 1

H/T Rob Long of Ricochet

wish I hadn't watched that, just zoomed my blood pressure up, so sick of the press covering for him and can't believe the number of people that still like him

Your Very Welcome. laugh.png

pollyannaish

Evidently, they called 1760 people

iowahawk via Twitter:

WaPost ABC Poll: n=160, 52% Obama, 41% Romney, +/- 8%

In truth its n=1760, 5.2% Obama, 4.1% Romney, 90% Leave me alone, +/- 2.5%

Evidently, they called 1760 people

iowahawk via Twitter:

WaPost ABC Poll: n=160, 52% Obama, 41% Romney, +/- 8%

In truth its n=1760, 5.2% Obama, 4.1% Romney, 90% Leave me alone, +/- 2.5%

Wonder what percentage of 'R's say leave me alone versus those answering their Obama phones?

Draggingtree

The Expectations Trap & The Presidential Debates

By: jaykali (Diary) | October 1st, 2012 at 12:25 PM

The way the Democrats are winning is that they are setting the expectations to be easily exceeded by Obama while being impossible to meet for Romney. And the media is complicit in this. And the polls that have been the subject of much debate contribute to this narrative. First you make the debates be absolutely critical for Romney. You use tilted Poll data to say http://www.redstate.com/jaykali/2012/10/01/the-expectations-trap-the-presidential-debates/

Would I be wrong in thinking the Romney campaign has for some time been putting to much emphasis on these debates, almost to the exclusion of other ways to attack Obama? It just seems to me I keep hearing Debate Debate Debate we'll defeat him at the Debates.

pollyannaish

I don't know. What's odd is that I have been following his speeches and ads very closely. And he and Ryan have both been saying and advertising the attacks and messages that Conservatives have been pining for. But the press just isn't covering the content of his campaign. None of it. Even the inside the beltway conservative pundits aren't helping. Instead the press is focused almost exclusively on polls and debates and arguing about those. It's really weird. I keep hearing about what a genius Obamas team is with twitter and Facebook but I've been watching both candidates and Obamas talks more, but Romneys is getting results. So my instinct is that the Romney team is not putting all their eggs in one basket, the press is just distorting things that much this time. I have never seen anything like it it's almost a complete press blackout.

Would I be wrong in thinking the Romney campaign has for some time been putting to much emphasis on these debates, almost to the exclusion of other ways to attack Obama? It just seems to me I keep hearing Debate Debate Debate we'll defeat him at the Debates.

Draggingtree

Did you hear this Monday on the Bill Bennett show I heard Byron York say Romney/Ryan were loosing the debate on Med-Care issue.

pollyannaish

Beware GOP Eyores and chicken littles. They are pundits that are as out of touch with average people as any leftist in DC. They don't trust us any more than liberals.

York is one of those. Redstate has been struggling with it. There are quite a few this election. Talk to people you know. This weekend I talked to some relatives from Maryland. He said that things are very different this election and the majority of people there are voting Romney, the opposite of last time. Independents are breaking to him by 11% country wide. We are fighting a propaganda war. think it's critical that we are steady and keep up the hard work. We are running against a carefully orchestrated perception of inevitability...and it just isn't true.

I don't know. What's odd is that I have been following his speeches and ads very closely. And he and Ryan have both been saying and advertising the attacks and messages that Conservatives have been pining for. But the press just isn't covering the content of his campaign. None of it. Even the inside the beltway conservative pundits aren't helping. Instead the press is focused almost exclusively on polls and debates and arguing about those. It's really weird. I keep hearing about what a genius Obamas team is with twitter and Facebook but I've been watching both candidates and Obamas talks more, but Romneys is getting results. So my instinct is that the Romney team is not putting all their eggs in one basket, the press is just distorting things that much this time. I have never seen anything like it it's almost a complete press blackout.

I guess that is what I am talking about. You know my opinion on Polls, before the end of October....pretty much useless. Unless you're working for the campaigns...and at a pretty high level....don't get me started on this, i could go off on a rant of biblical proportions.

pollyannaish

What's frustrating is that real people are saying that this is the starkest contrast in the two parties in several generations... And the press only focuses on the mechanics of the race.

But, that is why it is up to us. The rest is noise.

• Like 1

What's frustrating is that real people are saying that this is the starkest contrast in the two parties in several generations... And the press only focuses on the mechanics of the race.

But, that is why it is up to us. The rest is noise.

Good piece.

Explaining the Fight for America's Exceptional Life to Bowling Buddies

Shawn Mitchell

We not only must win this thing, we can. Maybe we are. Hard to know while we’re being bludgeoned with polls projecting Democrat turnout levels equal to 2008 Obama euphoria.

Complicating things is the sour commentary of some who lament the challenger isn’t a miraculous fusion of Ron Paul’s Constitutional passion, Newt Gingrich’s creativity and skill at skewering the media, Rick Santorum’s unflinching stands on social issues, and Gary Johnson’s happy creed of liberty over all. As if such a Frankenborg exists.

America has a choice with historic and immediate consequences. The constitutional future of earth’s exceptional nation is on the line, but also important stuff like jobs, opportunity, and more chances for 20-somethings to move out of mom and dad’s place in this lifetime.

*It’s late in an epic battle between transformers and restorers. Transformers want to expand government control over society in ways that are common and uncontroversial in most the world. Restorers want to revive, nurture, and enjoy the fruits of things that made America exceptional for most its history.

(Snip)

* i really like this! Two small sentences explains the whole thing.

Is Mitt Romney really a restorer? That is a question many of us this have. One thing he is not is a transformer, the Idead of Mitt Romney saying he wants to transform the nation is...well silly, can't for the life of me ever see him saying something like this. And right now that's enough...he's not Obama.

Does he really understand what is coming our way? And is he willing to do what he has to (even to be a 1 termer) to soften the blow coming? We'll (I hope) have a better idea this time next year. (Please pardon my language) There is a giant SH*T storm coming, I think it is too late to stop it, but the effects can be shortened...can be lessened, if the right policies are implemented soon.

I hate being all Glenn Beck, but I see a bad moon raising.

I think the next few years are going to be a nightmare but would rather face them with Romney at the top at least trying to repair this country than O working to finish us off

• Like 1

journalists-for-obama.jpg

THE OBAMA PC CLOWN CORPS HYMN

(sung to the tune of the "Marine Corps Hymn")

From the Halls of Academia

To the Shores of Hope and Change;

We wont't fight our country's battles

Cause war is so deranged;

But we'll fight for social justice

And to spread the wealth around!

We are proud to claim the title of

An Obama PC Clown.

Our progressive cause is all the rage

From dawn to setting sun;

And the dilly-dally dithering

Hides the barrel of our gun;