2012 Presidential Election part 5

Valin

Obama administration tells contractors again: Don’t issue layoff notices

Jeremy Herb

09/28/12

The Obama administration issued new guidance intended for defense contractors Friday afternoon, reiterating the administration’s position that the companies should not be issuing layoff notices over sequestration.

The Labor Department issued guidance in July saying it would be “inappropriate” for contractors to issue notices of potential layoffs tied to sequestration cuts. But a few contractors, most notably Lockheed Martin, said they still were considering whether to issue the notices — which would be sent out just days before the November election.

But the Friday guidance from the Office of Management and Budget raised the stakes in the dispute, telling contractors that they would be compensated for legal costs if layoffs occur due to contract cancellations under sequestration — but only if the contractors follow the Labor guidance.

(Snip)

• Like 1

From Rasmussen. Romney seems to have some slippage.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows President Obama attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns the vote from 46%. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

There is a very small sliver of uncommitted voters who do not support one of the two leading candidates at this time. These voters are evenly divided as to whether the economy would get better or worse with a Romney victory. In fact, a plurality (43%) expects little change. However, if Obama is reelected, 43% of the uncommitted voters expect the economy to get worse, while three percent (3%) think it will get better. This tends to confirm the conventional wisdom that uncommitted voters are unhappy with the president but are not convinced that Romney is the solution.

When “leaners” are included, it’s Obama 49%, Romney 47%. Leaners are those who are initially uncommitted to the two leading candidates but lean towards one of them when asked a follow-up question. Beginning this Monday, October 1, Rasmussen Reports will be basing its daily updates solely upon the results including leaners.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

NY Times authoritatively declare There is no media Bias! In fact there never has been. So stop talking about it.

Well, I guess we have been wrong all along. Can't argue with the Times.

I know just what you mean. I feel soooooo stupid!

So from now on I'm going to believe everything the MSM says.

I am cheating on this, but I am feeling lazy today. Entire article posted below from http://www.nationalr...margin-error-ka

WaPo Doesn’t Mention Poll Showing Romney Down by Double Digits Has 8-Point Margin of Error

Katrina Trinko

October 1, 2012 3:31 P.M.

Comments

I noted this morning that the scarcity of details about a Washington Post/ABC News poll showing Mitt Romney trailing President Obama by 11 points in swing states meant the results should be taken with some skepticism. Well, now Washington Post blogger Jennifer Rubin reports on why those results should be taken carefully: “As I learned from Post pollster Jon Cohen, that finding is based on the responses of a total of 160 people, and it has a margin of error of 8 percentage points.”

A margin of error of 8 percentage points is huge — not sure if I’ve ever seen a poll with that large a margin. Yet nowhere in the Post story about the poll is there any mention of the sample size or that enormous margin of error.

This poll was done to screw up the Real Clear Politics' poll averages. Distort the average.

I am cheating on this, but I am feeling lazy today. Entire article posted below from http://www.nationalr...margin-error-ka

WaPo Doesn’t Mention Poll Showing Romney Down by Double Digits Has 8-Point Margin of Error

Katrina Trinko

Comments

I noted this morning that the scarcity of details about a Washington Post/ABC News poll showing Mitt Romney trailing President Obama by 11 points in swing states meant the results should be taken with some skepticism. Well, now Washington Post blogger Jennifer Rubin reports on why those results should be taken carefully: “As I learned from Post pollster Jon Cohen, that finding is based on the responses of a total of 160 people, and it has a margin of error of 8 percentage points.”

A margin of error of 8 percentage points is huge — not sure if I’ve ever seen a poll with that large a margin. Yet nowhere in the Post story about the poll is there any mention of the sample size or that enormous margin of error.

This poll was done to screw up the Real Clear Politics' poll averages. Distort the average.

An 8 point margin of error? That's not a poll that's a WAG.

pollyannaish

Katrina Trinko

Comments

That's not a poll...that's wishful thinking. WOW!

@pollyannaish

I have just completed a Galloping Poll and the definitive results are Obama is favored 58 points...with a margin of error of 73 points.

This poll is free, but from now on its gonna cost big bucks to get these kind of results!

H/T Rob Long of Ricochet

wish I hadn't watched that, just zoomed my blood pressure up, so sick of the press covering for him and can't believe the number of people that still like him

Katrina Trinko

Comments

That's not a poll...that's wishful thinking. WOW!

With 160 'peoples' it does not matter what their "estimated" error is. Without spending time reading, assuming they did 5 swing states, that is 30 people per state!!!