2012 Presidential Election part 5

Valin

What Has Obama Learned?

By Jonah Goldberg · September 26, 2012

The Oval Office isn't the place to learn on the job. That was the line from both Hillary Clinton and John McCain in 2008. In fairness, that's always the argument the more experienced candidate uses against the less experienced candidate (just ask Mitt Romney).

But Barack Obama seemed a special case, easily among the least experienced major-party nominees in U.S. history. A Pew poll in August 2008 found that the biggest concern voters had with Obama fell under the category of "personal abilities and experience." In a "change" year, Americans swallowed those concerns and voted for the change candidate.

Four years later, it's worth asking, "What has Obama learned?"

Several journalists have asked that exact question. And Obama's answers raise another question: Can Obama learn? snip

Then, last week, in an admirably tough interview on the Spanish-language network Univision, Scissors-32x32.png

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/14866

What Has Obama Learned?

That its really cool to be President, you get to go on all kinds of nice vacations to great places, you get to travel on Air Force One, everyone listens to what you have to say and a lot of them think what you say is profound, the MSM even acts like what you say is true and insightful, Chris Matthews wants to have your baby and is willing to fight Ed Schultz over it. Partying with the secret service is great especially when You Know Who isn't around nagging you. If you don't want to talk to someone you just blow them off and there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

Telling Nancy Pelosi jokes with David Axlerod is a lot of fun...especially when You Know Who isn't around nagging you. Smoking cigarettes is classified so that You Know Who doesn't find out.

In Short...Its Good To Be King

Romney in Ohio Focuses on Manufacturing, Jobs

BEDFORD HEIGHTS, Ohio — Governor Mitt Romney stopped in Northeast Ohio on Wednesday afternoon to host a manufacturing roundtable with local business leaders at the American Spring Wire Corp. in Bedford Heights.

It was all part of the three-day “Romney-Ryan Plan For A Stronger Middle Class” bus tour across the State of Ohio.

Earlier in the day, Romney’s tour bus stopped in Columbus before moving on to Cleveland.

Romney’s roundtable discussion focused on manufacturing and local jobs.

Mike Rowe, of the Discovery Channel’s ‘Dirty Jobs,’ was invited to speak at the event as well.

Mike Rowe's Open Letter To Mitt Romney

I love Mike Rowe.

There are soooo many people openly endorsing Romney. Not just prominent people but local people. There is just no way Obama is as far ahead as polling is indicating.

I love Mike Rowe.

There are soooo many people openly endorsing Romney. Not just prominent people but local people. There is just no way Obama is as far ahead as polling is indicating.

He has stated yesterday morning on Bill Bennett's show that he is not endorsing Romney. He showed up because A. Romney invited him shortly after his open letter was published, B. It gives him a chance to talk about the Skills Deficit.

You know how much a journeyman plumber makes... I'm thinking right around $80,000 a year.

Public Podcast: Tammy Explains the Problem with Polls in the ‘Daily TAM Briefing’

This Public Podcast is last night’s Daily TAM Briefing. While I discuss other news of the day as well, a good portion of the podcast is devoted to why you should ignore all polls with the exception of Rasmussen. Here are some links related to the analysis I use in the discussion. Thanks for listening and I hope this helps with your commitment and resolve in the next 39 days until election day!

http://tammybruce.com/2012/09/public-podcast-tammy-explains-the-problem-with-polls-in-the-daily-tam-briefing.html

Once again, the alleged Catholic vote

Sep 26, 2012 by Steve Thorngate

Molly Worthen's call for a stronger liberal Catholic voice in the public square is a good and thoughtful read. But it's hard to let this go by:

Allowing Republicans to claim the mantle of Catholicism might cost the Democrats the election. As commentators have noted, Catholics may be the nation’s most numerous swing voters.

Sure, but Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.realclearreligion.org/

lovely

I could be wrong but I believe the word "lovely" used in this context in Sanskrit can be loosely translated as "I do relive I will bang my head against the wall".

Obama ad: “Time for a new economic patriotism”

posted at 11:21 am on September 27, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Yesterday, Mitt Romney released a one-minute ad in which he spoke directly into the camera about the failures of Obama’s economic policy — and it looks like Team Obama followed suit (upping the ante with a two-minute ad spot, mmm hmm), having the president talk in a face-to-face format about his economic plan for the next four years. I suppose we’re meant to believe that this is what “giving specifics” on an “economic plan” looks like:

Scissors-32x32.png http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/27/obama-ad-time-for-a-new-economic-patriotism/

VIDEO: AFP’s Jen Ridgely — ‘Obama’s Failing Agenda’ Ohio Bus Tour

Posted on | September 27, 2012 | 1 Comment and 0 Reactions

FINDLAY, Ohio

Why is Americans for Prosperity such an awesome organization? Because of their awesome people, that’s why. Today at AFP’s “Hands Off Our Health Care Rally” in Findlay — part of their “Failing Agenda” bus tour — I interviewed communications staffer Jennifer Ridgely, whose job title was way overdue for an upgrade:

Scissors-32x32.png

http://theothermccain.com/2012/09/27/video-interview-with-afps-jen-ridgely-obamas-failing-agenda-ohio-bus-tour/

lovely

I could be wrong but I believe the word "lovely" used in this context in Sanskrit can be loosely translated as "I do belive I will bang my head against the wall".

I believe you are right

VIDEO: AFP’s Jen Ridgely — ‘Obama’s Failing Agenda’ Ohio Bus Tour

Posted on | September 27, 2012 | 1 Comment and 0 Reactions

FINDLAY, Ohio

Why is Americans for Prosperity such an awesome organization? Because of their awesome people, that’s why. Today at AFP’s “Hands Off Our Health Care Rally” in Findlay — part of their “Failing Agenda” bus tour — I interviewed communications staffer Jennifer Ridgely, whose job title was way overdue for an upgrade:

Scissors-32x32.png

http://theothermccai...-ohio-bus-tour/

so much better than the other film clips I've seen today

Obama ad: “Time for a new economic patriotism”

posted at 11:21 am on September 27, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Yesterday, Mitt Romney released a one-minute ad in which he spoke directly into the camera about the failures of Obama’s economic policy — and it looks like Team Obama followed suit (upping the ante with a two-minute ad spot, mmm hmm), having the president talk in a face-to-face format about his economic plan for the next four years. I suppose we’re meant to believe that this is what “giving specifics” on an “economic plan” looks like:

Scissors-32x32.png http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/27/obama-ad-time-for-a-new-economic-patriotism/

That is a very effective ad. If I didn't know it was all B.S. it would sound really great.

• Like 1