2012 Presidential Election part 5

Valin

www.therightreasons.netThe Right Reasons:

bark_for_bo_large.jpg

Puppies for Obama!

George Savage

9/23/12

For anecdotal evidence of California's electoral uncompetitiveness, check out what passes for political advocacy in my Silicon Valley neighborhood. Never mind the 10.7 percent local unemployment rate or the perennially yawning federal budget deficit: The President's dog wants Obama reelected and, presumably, you should too.

And thus do some of the wealthiest and most highly educated people on the planet address the issues of the day.

Of course, around here the Obama bumper sticker is more moral fashion statement than any real attempt at persuasion. After all, everyone who is anyone in Northern California already agrees that Obama must be reelected.

(Snip)

Politico, of all places, has Romney up by 14 points with the middle class. Drudge has the link. I am posting from my phone or I'd repost it here.

Still Capable of Freedom?

By Charlie Lyon · September 24, 2012

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." --Benjamin Franklin

Mitt Romney's "gaffe" over the 47% of the population who won't respond to his message of responsible adult living is an excellent opportunity to get America's best thinkers working on that very problem: how to excite the sensibilities of those who have traded their freedom for security? Better yet, as this election is a profound opportunity to restore essential liberty, rule of law, principled leadership and limited government, how to persuade our countrymen of their noble birthright?

A phrase in Cleon Skousen's book, The Five Thousand Year Leap, intrigues me: "sufficient public virtue." One of the greatest concerns, not only to the founders, but to the general public of that day -- once they recognized the difficulty of self-government -- was to answer the question: Are we moral and educated enough to make self-rule work? What is the connection between them? Most importantly, how do We The People demonstrate "sufficient public virtue?" "Self-government was generally known as 'republicanism', and it was universally acknowledged that a corrupt and selfish people could never make republicanism operate successfully." (Ibid)

The American public, divided to the core, Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://patriotpost.us/commentary/14849

The Vampire Presidency of Count B.Obama

By Adrien Nash · September 24, 2012

Barry Obama, while not the first or greatest vampire President, (the four-term FDR still holds that title) is being a vampire President in a different way. He's going about it in a diametrically opposite manner than how the government under FDR presided over the nation.

Back then, instead of a Robin Hood government acquiring by force the immorally acquired wealth of the overly rapacious Kings of Commerce and returning it to the people, it was instead vampirically doing the same sort of rapacious wealth grab as England's King during Robin Hood's era against those in higher income brackets, and using that wealth to increase the breadth and power of the kingdom's big central government.

But, unlike the old-school mobsters who had rules and values and respect for their history, the vampire descendant of the grandfather of government vampires has no respect for the values, attitudes and legacy of his spiritual forefather.

Imperial FDR was someone with no respect for our American Constitution, but he did have respect for how the world actually functioned [though blind to how an economy would actually respond to massive government intervention].

He knew two thing were true just Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://patriotpost.us/commentary/14852

Obama's Unfulfilled Promise of Change

By Michael Barone - September 24, 2012

"The most important lesson I've learned is that you can't change Washington from the inside," Barack Obama said in an interview Thursday on the Spanish-language Univision network. "You can only change it from the outside."

A better way to put it is that Barack Obama has proved he can't change Washington from the inside.

One case in point is the comprehensive immigration legislation Obama promised to steer to passage in his first term. The Univision interviewers, who asked tougher questions than the president has been getting from David Letterman or various rappers, zeroed in on this issue.

With a 60-vote supermajority in the Senate and a solid Democratic majority in the House in 2009 and 2010, Obama could have pushed for an immigration bill.

Instead, he acquiesced in Speaker Nancy Pelosi's decision not to bring such a measure to the floor. It would require some of her members to cast tough Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/09/24/obamas_unfulfilled_promise_change_115539.html

Over There On The Horizon, It’s A Storm Waiting To Destroy America

By: Skook

images.jpeg

Yes, without a doubt we need to defeat Obama or kiss America’s freedoms and wealth goodbye.

Celebrity status is foremost on the minds of Americans; we are obsessed with the best actors, the best sports teams, the best athletes, the best schools, the best social circles, the best hair, and eventually we worry over the most trivial, like the best pizza delivery boy.

All of it matters less than a boot full of warm piss, we have an impending disaster on our hands and no one in Washington wants to be honest about our perilous position.

Scissors-32x32.png http://floppingaces.net/2012/09/24/over-there-on-the-horizon-its-a-storm-waiting-to-destroy-america/

NBC’s Chuck Todd: It’s kind of odd that Obama won’t take any meetings with foreign leaders

posted at 1:21 pm on September 24, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

He’s right, and for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is the unrest in the Middle East. One would think that an American head of state would take advantage of a UN meeting to grab some quality time with leaders in the region and try to hammer out some support. Instead, Barack Obama will be on The View — and the RNC is making sure everyone knows it:

Scissors-32x32.png

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/09/24/nbcs-chuck-todd-its-kind-of-odd-that-obama-wont-take-any-meetings-with-foreign-leaders/

Election 2012: State of the Race-Karl Rove

Seven states changed status since last week's Electoral College map, with four moving in Mitt Romney's direction and only three moving toward Barack Obama. Mr. Romney saw Georgia move from "lean" to "safe" Romney, New Hampshire change from "lean" Obama to "toss up," and New Mexico and Pennsylvania both shift from "safe" to "lean" Obama. Mr. Obama saw Oregon shift from "lean" to "safe" Obama, Wisconsin change from "toss up" to "lean" Obama, and Arizona move from "safe" Romney to "lean" Romney.

Mr. Obama is down to 196 "safe" Electoral College votes with four states (51 EC votes) "leaning" in his favor. Mr. Romney's "safe" EC votes increased to 159, with three "lean" states (32 EC votes) that are more than likely to be in his column on Election Day. It should be noted this is the first time since August 1st that Mr. Obama's "safe" EC vote total decreased while Mr. Romney's grew. There are also eight "toss up" states and a coveted 100 EC votes are up for grabs. These states remain too close to call and show little movement, even after a week of rigorous polling (52 surveys conducted in eighteen states).

Scissors-32x32.png

Liz this is not how you do it.

Elizabeth Warren was key in asbestos case

Noah Bierman

May 01, 2012

I haven't been really following this race...but this is just too good to pass up.

Oh this just gets better and better.

Elizabeth Warren’s law license problem

William A. Jacobson

September 24, 2012

(Snip)

As detailed below, there are at least two provisions of Massachusetts law Warren may have violated. First, on a regular and continuing basis she used her Cambridge office for the practice of law without being licensed in Massachusetts. Second, in addition to operating an office for the practice of law without being licensed in Massachusetts, Warren actually practiced law in Massachusetts without being licensed.

Warren refused to disclose the full extent of her private law practice when asked by The Boston Globe. If Warren denies that she has practiced law in Massachusetts without a license, Warren should disclose the full extent of her private law practice. The public has a right to assess whether Warren has failed to comply with the most basic requirement imposed on others, the need to become a member of the Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in order to practice law in and from Massachusetts.

1. Warren Is Not Licensed To Practice Law In Massachusetts

Warren is not licensed to practice law in Massachusetts. Warren’s name does not turn up on a search of the Board of Bar Overseers attorney search website (searches just by last name or using Elizabeth Herring also do not turn up any relevant entries).

(Snip)

But that's ok because she's1/498,344th Native American.

H/T PJ Tatler

Skewed and Unskewed Polls

by

Charlie Martin

In most all things, I try to follow Hanlon’s (or Heinlein’s) Razor: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

This is particularly important to remember when looking at polls.Sometimes, however, one must wonder.

As I pointed out yesterday, the result of Romney’s “really bad week” was that Romney had gone from 5 or 6 points behind in Gallup, to essentially tied. Even so, a number of people have noted that there are some odd assumptions in that poll, and others. Pat Caddell and Doug Schoen talked about it recently. Asked if the polls were, in his opinion, a fair representation of the electorate, Schoen said:

“The simple answer is no John.Scissors-32x32.png

There is a new website, called unskewedpolls.com, that basically reweights the data to fit the Rasmussen party identification. Their results are quite different, giving Romney somewhere between a five and eleven point lead. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/09/23/skewed-and-unskewed-polls/

The Obamaized Flag Poster Suddenly Disappears from Campaign Store

September 24, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Asshats,Barack Obama,Big government,corruption,Culture Of Corruption,Democrats,Elections | Posted by Warner Todd Huston

Last week, President Obama’s campaign paraphernalia store on his website was heavily criticized for having a poster of a U.S. flag that was Obamaized by having the field of fifty stars replaced with an Obama logo. Over the weekend, the item was suddenly disappeared down the Internet memory hole.

The poster, titled “Our Stripes: Flag Poster,” Scissors-32x32.png

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/09/24/the-obamaized-flag-poster-suddenly-disappears-from-campaign-store/

So I actually listened to audio of Warren say (among many other stupid things) she is not licensed in MA and has never practiced law there. I guess she just lists her "traveling" address as her Harvard office for the many years she was there.

So I actually listened to audio of Warren say (among many other stupid things) she is not licensed in MA and has never practiced law there. I guess she just lists her "traveling" address as her Harvard office for the many years she was there.

I am sure as an American Indian, she gets some sort of dispensation. Doncha think?

I am sure as an American Indian, she gets some sort of dispensation. Doncha think?

If she doesn't it is just one more proof of the racism in The System.

If she doesn't it is just one more proof of the racism in The System.

It's rampant.

obamamonthsunemployment-600x448.png

Reason #683,771,532 why Barack Obama should not be reelected.

WOW. So here is my question Valin. Is this JUST because of his policies, or are we in the middle of such a huge transformation in our society/world that this is just a symptom of that?

obamamonthsunemployment-600x448.png

Reason #683,771,532 why Barack Obama should not be reelected.

WOW. So here is my question Valin. Is this JUST because of his policies, or are we in the middle of such a huge transformation in our society/world that this is just a symptom of that?

Very good question!!! I'm gonna do a cop out and say probably both.