Conventions Part Two – Here come the Democrats

Draggingtree

Last line from the lyrics of Chicago's "Thunder and Lightning"....

"Thunder and lightning; didn't know our love could end this way."

dems.jpg

The Unspoken Word: Sixteen

Erick Erickson

September 5 2012

Sixteen.

(Snip)

Yesterday, the Democratic National Convention started in Charlotte and the Democrats are doing their best to not mention one word: sixteen, i.e. the $16 trillion in national debt the nation faces as of close of business this past Friday.

(Snip)

The entire night seem focused on “reproductive rights” which is just a politically correct euphemism for abortion which is itself a politically correct euphemism for killing kids.

So no talk about debt or entitlements or jobs, but abortion was a fixation. It’s just as galling that the media spent several weeks painting the GOP as out of touch on abortion when, in fact, the Democrats’ abortion on demand position is even more out of touch with both American men and American women.

(Snip)

There stage is so cluttered with video screens it is hard to even see the speaker when camera pulls back.

Crowd all seems to be standing around talking to each other while this goes on.

I do understand why Michelle Obama is fixated on obesity. From just the occasional audience shots, the Democratic convention is overweight (fatter) compared to the attendees at the GOP convention.

This has exceeded my wildest idea of the amount of bullcrap they would throw. The first couple of speakers were fun in their lies, but it has gotten to be too much now.

The FLOTUS is on now. Can't wait. censored.gif

I can't take it. @Rheo, bring on the ice picks.

BIG SPEWING BARF... Barack believes in working with everyone, Dem, Rep, we are all the same and he does not treat anyone different. Get's along with everyone.

Goebbell's is smiling looking up from Hell. Keep repeating Big Lies and eventually half the people believe it.

"God removed entirely from Dem Platform.

But not entirely from the convention itself..."

That poster is amazing and tells everything you need to know about Obama's cult followers.

The speakers are fixated: Me and Mine and what Government can do for Me. Not a word about our nation's founding principles and a belief in God. Forget about capitalism and free enterprise.

BIG SPEWING BARF... Barack believes in working with everyone, Dem, Rep, we are all the same and he does not treat anyone different. Get's along with everyone.

As epitomized by the quote from Barack in his televised "bi-partisan" meeting...

"We won, you lost!"

Thur. moved back to indoor arena. 26,000 capacity instead of 70,000. Because they could not fill it of chance of rain.

Just because I love Harry Nilsson!

Rush is on a roll! LMFAO.gif

He is, and he is Right. The Dems drastically changed their style during the prime time speeches. They can only hope to fool the clueless one more election, and the media is abetting them.

There is only one problem with their plan:

the shots of the audience at the Democratic convention

As Rush said:"It’s the Star Wars bars scene come to life in Charlotte, North Carolina."

Any undecided voter tuning in and catching a glimpse of the audience gets jerked back to the reality that there's whole helluva lot of people who want what you have without working for it.

Erick Erickson

September 5 2012

Sixteen.

(Snip)

Yesterday, the Democratic National Convention started in Charlotte and the Democrats are doing their best to not mention one word: sixteen, i.e. the $16 trillion in national debt the nation faces as of close of business this past Friday.

(Snip)

The entire night seem focused on "reproductive rights" which is just a politically correct euphemism for abortion which is itself a politically correct euphemism for killing kids.

So no talk about debt or entitlements or jobs, but abortion was a fixation. It's just as galling that the media spent several weeks painting the GOP as out of touch on abortion when, in fact, the Democrats' abortion on demand position is even more out of touch with both American men and American women.

(Snip)

Democratic platform puts culture wars ahead of fixing the economy

September 4, 2012 | 8:00 pm

If you thought the nation's 8.3 percent unemployment rate and $1.3 trillion budget deficit were the top two issues of the 2012 election, then congratulations, you share the same priorities as the vast majority of Americans. Also, that means you are probably not one of the Democrats in Charlotte, N.C., who have been drafting the Democratic Party's 2012 national platform.

The platform mentions abortion more times (four) than unemployment (three). It mentions "gay"/"LGBT" more times (six) than debt (five). It also mentions four times that President Obama killed Osama bin Laden.

For all the attention the Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-platform-puts-culture-wars-ahead-of-fixing-the-economy/article/2506947

Erick Erickson

September 5 2012

Sixteen.

(Snip)

(Snip)

The entire night seem focused on "reproductive rights" which is just a politically correct euphemism for abortion which is itself a politically correct euphemism for killing kids.

So no talk about debt or entitlements or jobs, but abortion was a fixation. It's just as galling that the media spent several weeks painting the GOP as out of touch on abortion when, in fact, the Democrats' abortion on demand position is even more out of touch with both American men and American women.

(Snip)

If you thought the nation's 8.3 percent unemployment rate and $1.3 trillion budget deficit were the top two issues of the 2012 election, then congratulations, you share the same priorities as the vast majority of Americans. Also, that means you are probably not one of the Democrats in Charlotte, N.C., who have been drafting the Democratic Party's 2012 national platform.

The platform mentions abortion more times (four) than unemployment (three). It mentions "gay"/"LGBT" more times (six) than debt (five). It also mentions four times that President Obama killed Osama bin Laden.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-platform-puts-culture-wars-ahead-of-fixing-the-economy/article/2506947

Can you blame them? How would like to run on this administrations economic record?

Democrats blow it by moving Obama

Also has poll

ARE YOU BETTER OFF THAN YOU WERE FOUR YEARS AGO?

Yes 102 (37%)

No 170 (62%)

Days left to vote: 5

I would like to take a moment to say I am much better off now than I was 15 minutes ago. I just finished a great cup of coffee. Just the right amount of coffee water & sugar.

Just thought people might be interested

Why yes...it is all about me

• Like 1

Last line from the lyrics of Chicago's "Thunder and Lightning"....

"Thunder and lightning; didn't know our love could end this way."

dems.jpg

2008 No More: Obama Acceptance Speech Moved to 75% Smaller Venue

boa-twc.jpg

By:

Jeff Emanuel (Diary) | September 5th at 09:45 AM | 19 In 2008, standing between artificial columns designed to recall the White House Rose Garden, then-Senator Barack Obama accepted the Democratic nomination for president at Denver’s Invesco Field in front of a record crowd of 84,000. It’s clearly not 2008 any more. A similar-sized venue was chosen for now-President Obama’s acceptance speech this year’s Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, where Panther Stadium/The Big Outdoor Football Stadium/Bank of America ...Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://www.redstate.com/2012/09/05/2008-no-more-obama-acceptance-speech-moved-to-75-smaller-venue/

Erick Erickson

September 5 2012

Sixteen.

(Snip)

(Snip)

(Snip)

http://washingtonexa...article/2506947

Can you blame them? How would like to run on this administrations economic record?

"What Record" LMFAO.gif

Erick Erickson

September 5 2012

Sixteen.

(Snip)

(Snip)

(Snip)

http://washingtonexa...article/2506947

"What Record" LMFAO.gif

This one?

LOL on Rush, Nnow they are making noise Obama does not want a balloon drop. Read they don't have balloons cause it was supposed to be outside and did not have them ordered. Too late to get it done now.