Live RNC Convention Thread ( Thur )

clearvision

Eastwood's 'Invisible Obama' skit amuses some, confuses others

I wonder what group might be confused.

I wasn't confused, but I guess I am in the minority of those here who watched it and the articles today, I thought he looked disoriented or something.

I wasn't confused, but I guess I am in the minority of those here who watched it and the articles today, I thought he looked disoriented or something.

Obama's response (for real) on Twitter

A1mY4mRCAAM_qwX.jpg

I was embarrassed for Clint Eastwood -- he looked and acted very old, I thought, but apparently a lot of people enjoyed his part. I did think the idea of the empty chair was cute.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

Whaaaat? The presidents team responded on twitter with that? IT DOESN'T help him. It's a "I know you are but what am I" response. Wow.

I have been following Mitt on FB and twitter. Took some time last evening to really read through everything.

That response from the President is immature and thin skinned. Romney is calm and mature in all of his responses and does not get flustered by attacks. He takes questions on directly.

God help us if we lose this election.

I was embarrassed for Clint Eastwood -- he looked and acted very old, I thought, but apparently a lot of people enjoyed his part. I did think the idea of the empty chair was cute.

He did look old but to me that made it more touching. He had some really good lines and the crowd loved him. It wasn't meant to be a heavy-hitting political speech. I took it as a friendly endorsement with a bit of dry humor thrown in. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the Gingrich tag-team fiasco.

pollyannaish

I agree. When they were apeaking, i couldnt help but be grateful for Newt's contribution and relieved he didnt win. Same with Santorum honestly.

He did look old but to me that made it more touching. He had some really good lines and the crowd loved him. It wasn't meant to be a heavy-hitting political speech. I took it as a friendly endorsement with a bit of dry humor thrown in. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the Gingrich tag-team fiasco.

Only the Left. Some *^*% will be upset because he dissed a black man. Belittling the smallest and meanest man on earth, portraying Obama in an empty chair. The emperor with no clothes, the manChild, an empty suit. A classic move.

Give it right back to your opponent. Clint was applying Alinsky Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

• Like 1

You said exactly how I felt also. I did think there were many cute parts, but overall I thought there were many times he looked so unsure of himself-not at all like Clint Eastwood.

Scissors-32x32.pngHe did look old but to me that made it more touching. He had some really good lines and the crowd loved him. It wasn't meant to be a heavy-hitting political speech. I took it as a friendly endorsement with a bit of dry humor thrown in. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the Gingrich tag-team fiasco.

Well said, @pollyannaish

It was light years better than Pam and Sam due, the AG's from Florida and Georgia.

I don't know many 82 any year olds who can deliver a speech to an empty chair and bring the house down. It's certainly beyond Biden's ability.

Draggingtree

Which one is the mystery speaker the news is all fixated on?

Just in case anyone was wondering, it's not me.

Try not to be too disappointed.

I am disappointed. I didn't want to have to be the surprise speaker, and now I'm going to have to fill in for you. laugh.png

I have every confidence in you.

Bearing in mind I'm not that sharp....so don't let it go to your head.

If you really want to see a different convention, watch msndc. Sort of fun watching their dementia in action.

I watch the convention on c-span but would switch over just to hear chris and Rev. and the others and was it a hoot to hear some of the things they would say.

I am disappointed. I didn't want to have to be the surprise speaker, and now I'm going to have to fill in for you. laugh.png

If you really want to see a different convention, watch msndc. Sort of fun watching their dementia in action.

I watch the convention on c-span but would switch over just to hear chris and Rev. and the others and was it a hoot to hear some of the things they would say.

Masochist? tongue.png

Draggingtree

Masochist? tongue.png

wub.png

Scissors-32x32.pngHe did look old but to me that made it more touching. He had some really good lines and the crowd loved him. It wasn't meant to be a heavy-hitting political speech. I took it as a friendly endorsement with a bit of dry humor thrown in. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did the Gingrich tag-team fiasco.

Well said, @pollyannaish

It was light years better than Pam and Sam due, the AG's from Florida and Georgia.

I don't know many 82 any year olds who can deliver a speech to an empty chair and bring the house down. It's certainly beyond Biden's ability.

I think I said that.smile.png

• Like 1

Well said, @pollyannaish

What is not beyond Plugs Biden's ability?...I assume he can tie his own shoes, so that doesn't count.

While I would like to take credit for

That articulate and succinct reply, I believe it was actually the beautiful and gracious @mozartlover's comment, so I must pass the compliments onto her.

Well said, @pollyannaish

Clint was great. It was an act, the old man.

Look at the beginning and at the end. And the empty chair will follow Obama throughout this season. Yay!

• Like 1