Coffee Shop

Rheo

I saw yesterday's front page of the New York Post while in the train station yesterday morning. I looked up the article today:

Christie chose NJ over Mitt's VP role due to fears that they'd lose: sources

By JOSH MARGOLIN and BETH DEFALCO

Last Updated: 1:06 PM, August 27, 2012

Posted: 1:18 AM, August 27, 2012

Scissors-32x32.png

EXCLUSIVE

Gov. Chris Christie wasn’t willing to give up the New Jersey statehouse to be Mitt Romney’s running mate because he doubted they’d win, The Post has learned.

Romney’s top aides had demanded Christie step down as the state’s chief executive because if he didn’t, strict pay-to-play laws would have restricted the nation’s largest banks from donating to the campaign — since those banks do business with New Jersey.

But Christie adamantly refused to sacrifice his post, believing that being Romney’s running mate wasn’t worth the gamble.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...L#ixzz24pW9hjP3

I like Governor Christie. Before the choice was known, I would have been delighted for him to be VP nominee. Now, I am also really glad that he was not chosen. Paul Ryan is the right choice.

In fairness to the Governor, I am thinking that he was honest when he said (many times) he wasn't interested and that the article is focused on the idea that the Governor said, look, this campaign isn't doing that well. Which is something that other pundits were saying prior to Paul Ryan being chosen.

righteousmomma

From the article I gather that Christie was put thru a vetting process like all the choices.

Paul Ryan is definitely the right choice.

I personally am thrilled that he and not Christie is our VP

• Like 1

righteousmomma

@Pepper,

I saw him speak and he abruptly said thank you and ran off. Interesting.

Then Chris Wallace ( Fox is devoting the whole day to the RNC)

said :" I want to say something right from the start -WE ought to stop this talk right now about whether we stop the convention tonight because of the hurricaine. You just heard the President speak and you know where he is going? To campaign!"

• Like 2

@Rightheousmomma.

Exactly. Remember, in Obama's 666 world, do as I say, not as I do.

It is pathetic how the GOP main group has crumpled like a cheap suit in canceling the first day of the convention. They are playing into Dem hands.

The Good Lord has a way of creating events that interfere with the plans of the most powerful on this Earth.

Perhaps the difference in the upcoming 25 hour per day Democratic Convention coverage versus the hyperbole about TS Isaac and the subsequent 2 minutes a day GOP Convention coverage will be finally become apparent to almost all sentient beings.

righteousmomma

I think in the long run this one day delay will be for the best. Ann's speech will now be covered by All the networks and all the ones slated yesterday have been worked in. Plus we get to hear Alabama do an acapela (sp? ) rendition of Amazing Grace with everyone joining in.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank our One True God for creating Fox and thank the Fox crew for just being at Fox.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

I think in the long run this one day delay will be for the best. Ann's speech will now be covered by All the networks and all the ones slated yesterday have been worked in. Plus we get to hear Alabama do an acapela (sp? ) rendition of Amazing Grace with everyone joining in.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank our One True God for creating Fox and thank the Fox crew for just being at Fox.

Amen!

righteousmomma

Rush says Matthews and MSNBC are going off on the Repubs being racist etc etc so that the o won't be mentioned at the convention. Intimidation. Talk that it may work.

pollyannaish

Rush says Matthews and MSNBC are going off on the Repubs being racist etc etc so that the o won't be mentioned at the convention. Intimidation. Talk that it may work.

Really? I don't doubt the attempts at intimidation, but how can you not talk about him since it is a referendum on his work?

If they can pull that off effectively, I'll be pretty impressed.

Penn State won't use song with 'touching me, touching you'

No more Sweet Caroline

PSU denies it has anything to do with the words....

Penn State spokesman David La Torre told CNN.

Scissors-32x32.png"Absolutely no song changes were made based on lyrics. This song has come up on the list in recent years because it happens to be played in so many other professional and collegiate venues and has no real origination here at Penn State," he said. "So while wholesale changes to what happens on game day are not in store, some 'updating' is going to occur, including the music playlist."Scissors-32x32.png

pollyannaish

Penn State won't use song with 'touching me, touching you'

No more Sweet Caroline

PSU denies it has anything to do with the words....

Penn State spokesman David La Torre told CNN.

Scissors-32x32.png"Absolutely no song changes were made based on lyrics. This song has come up on the list in recent years because it happens to be played in so many other professional and collegiate venues and has no real origination here at Penn State," he said. "So while wholesale changes to what happens on game day are not in store, some 'updating' is going to occur, including the music playlist."Scissors-32x32.png

Great. Another venue playing that great golden oldie..."Who let the dogs out..." rolleyes.gif

Edited to add: I think that over reacting to the Sandusky case just draws more attention to it. They should have waited a season.

Immortal Quotes, A Pepperoni Series

When The Wuss Generation Meets The One Percenter who pays his Salary

"The rain is coming in horizontally, hitting my LL Bean Jacket."

-- Mike Seidel, TWC, August 28, 2012, 16:17 EST

Immortal Quotes, A Pepperoni Series

When Grade School Science meets the Big Screen's Average Viewer

"You can see that ocean is very, very angry right now."

-- Vivian Brown, TWC, August 28, 2012, 16:20 EST

PS I pray that there no injuries and I am not downplaying the damage that is going to occur due to this large storm, but if you were in the way of the storm the constant alarm and hype from the news could cause you to stop any preparation activities and just go into cardiac arrest.

It’s Alive!

Report: 170 ACORN-affiliated groups still active

CJ Ciaramella

August 28, 2012

Many of ACORN’s affiliates, allies, and old chapters remain active under different names—and at least two have received federal dollars—despite the left-wing community-organizing group’s official dissolution and ban on receiving federal funds, according to a new report.

Cause of Action, a nonprofit government watchdog group, recently identified 174 active or rebranded ACORN affiliates, as well as organizations that share former ACORN staff.

The groups shared the same physical location, leadership or staff, or tax ID number as old ACORN chapters, Cause of Action said.

(Snip)

wallbash.gif

CNN talking about NO being slammed at this hour... I'm watching the live video of the Quarter and it is raining but not much wind.