Coffee Shop

Rheo

Seems even liberal reporter Anderson Cooper is not totally enamored with both the lies told by and personality of MsSchultz. GAG! I can't believe I watched the whole thing. He did a pretty good job of "shredding" her and was certainly more patient and gracious than most people.

What is up with CNN? Did the check from the DNC bounce? I don't watch CNN that much, but didn't Wolf Bluster rip into someone else about their truthyness?

Instapundit:

Scissors-32x32.png

WHEN ROMNEY MADE HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE JOKE, I wasn’t near the computer, but tweeted:

2htn9cjryqt0bkcb5bl5_normal.jpeg

Romney joke not about birth cert. Way of reminding people of Obama's post-American approach to presidency. Will work.

Ann Althouse has more detailed thoughts along the same lines.

Romney is saying — in so many words — I’m more truly and fundamentally American than Barack Obama. And the implication is: I want you to think about the ways that Obama hasn’t fully embraced American values of freedom, capitalism, etc. etc

Read the whole thing. I loved Frank J. Fleming's comments about the dog.

Edited by saveliberty

One innocent person murdered in New York and it's wall to wall

How many people were murdered in Chicago yesterday or today?

Of the 11 people shot yesterday. 1 Killed was the victim of the shooter, 2nd killed was the shooter, AND the other 9 were bystanders shot by the Police....

Nine bystanders were wounded in the 16-shot volley, all by stray or ricocheting police bullets, police confirmed Saturday. None of their injuries was life-threatening, police said.

I heard the police spokesman saying they acted according to procedure. "The pedestrians were what we call collateral damage." Yeah, I guess so, assuming they were not aiming for them.

• Like 1

I heard the police spokesman saying they acted according to procedure. "The pedestrians were what we call collateral damage." Yeah, I guess so, assuming they were not aiming for them.

Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist endorsed Barack Obama in an op-ed in the Tampa Bay Times Sunday, calling him the “right leader for our state and our nation” and slamming what he described as the lurch to the right taken by the Republican Party.

Audience growing for '2016: Obama's America'

Conservative author Dinesh D'Souza's documentary on the president far exceeded expectations in its first week in wide release, grossing $6.2 million.

(Snip)

In its first week in wider distribution, the documentary grossed an estimated $6.2 million, far exceeding industry expectations, according to independent distributor Rocky Mountain Pictures. That was virtually the same amount as the major studio action film "Premium Rush" collected — and "Obama's America" was playing in roughly 1,100 fewer theaters.

(Snip)

Heading into the weekend, pre-release audience surveys suggested "Obama's America" would gross about $4 million — but by midday Friday, ticket sales were so brisk that estimates were lifted to $6 million. The movie debuted seven weeks ago in Houston and had raked in $2.4 million as it expanded from 169 theaters to 1,091 locations this weekend. In total, the film has sold $9.1-million worth of tickets.

(Snip)

The movie has also been the topic of conversation on numerous talk radio programs, and D'Souza has made appearances on CNN and Fox — though he said he was turned down by HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher." It appears that stoking the conservative fan base worked well, because the documentary performed best over the weekend in red state bastions such as Baton Rouge, La., and Wichita, Kan.

St. Thomas More Catholic Church, Centennial Colorado.

Invocation @ Colorado Republican Convention:

ohmy.png Such judgementalism! Why to listen to this you might almost think there are things that are Right & Wrong. This guy is just not Tolerant...Inclusive..Open Minded, rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

pollyannaish

So what is the Republican convention doing in this regard?

I have no idea, but it doesn't matter. It is not a complete disconnect between promises and reality. The Dems don't have daycare because honestly, they probably don't have enough money to pay for it—and if they do, they certainly don't want to spend it on daycare. They'll only do that if they can use someone else's money.

Fortunately, delegates on our side know the responsibility for finding child care is part of our jobs as a parents. If the GOP DOES have a daycare, then that shows that we happily share our own money out of generosity and thoughtfulness. We put our own money where our mouth is.