Coffee Shop

Rheo

The Tonight Show” has laid off about two dozen workers, prompting host Jay Leno to accept a pay cut to spare other staffers as NBC clamps down on expenses.

Wait so it is not just BAIN who lays off people. (NBC was purchased by Comcast recently).

Briton is making things a little difficult for the Ecuadorian Embassy.

WikiLeaks@wikileaks

1.15am London time and still police surrounding embassy constantly. Multile large vans still present.

4cd7a702-1b01-4f1f-beee-09d7db0cd6fa_normal.png

UK police refused to reveal the name of the commanding officer who originated the order.

4cd7a702-1b01-4f1f-beee-09d7db0cd6fa_normal.png

BREAKING: UK police besieging embassy front door ordered to demand ID of all persons entering and leaving.

Andrew Malcolm

Political News & Commentary

The amazing little story that didn't happen on Obama's big bus trip

By ANDREW MALCOLMPosted 09:04 AM ET

Scissors-32x32.png

President Obama was back in Iowa for several days this past week. He has winning memories there. But the fact that an incumbent president feels it necessary to invest three of only 79 precious remaining days there says how close the presidential race now is.

Obama's experienced advance team had a bunch of flubs. That farm family with all the windmills that President Quixote loves to laud turns out to be Republicans and informed reporters after Obama's visit that he sure wasn't getting their votes this time.

There was the state fair beer tent where Obama bought a round of Bud Lights for everyone, except the guy with the Mitt Romney sign. Great summertime photo op. Except it turns out the Secret Service closed down the guy's tent long before Obama's arrival and the small business owner lost thousands in sales.

Read the whole thing.

H/T Instapundit

Edited by saveliberty

pollyannaish

That story made me feel like crying for some reason.

What a big heartless jerk. On a personal level.

(Read in the comments that the beer tent guy is not voting for him either.)

Say what you will of First Lady Michelle Obama, but she lights up when she is with children.

Pollyannaish, I thought the story was very encouraging for a guy like me praying that R&R win. The story was sort an encapsulation of Obama's entire term. #FAIL

pollyannaish

Say what you will of First Lady Michelle Obama, but she lights up when she is with children.

I agree. I disagree with Michelle on many issues, but she does enjoy children.

pollyannaish

Pollyannaish, I thought the story was very encouraging for a guy like me praying that R&R win. The story was sort an encapsulation of Obama's entire term. #FAIL

Well it was reported by the ABC reporter. That should tell us something.

Edited to add: Do you remember when President Bush stopped, in a non-election year, bought lemonade, made the press buy it too and then wouldn't let them cover it?

The only way it got out was photos from the family.

Psollyannaish, I don't remember that particular incident, but I do recall that back then we had a gentleman and a class act in the WH.

• Like 2

I don't know if the mayor actually said this but it IS funny:

Paul Combs@PAC43

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." —Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C.

pollyannaish

Paul Combs@PAC43

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." —Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington, D.C.

LOL. Well it's cute anyway.

Accept for the accidents, driving is very safe here.

Polly, actually it was stupid, but that's how their mayor thinks. Crack destroyed his brain.

I did it again, I clicked on Next on the last page and it took me to WikiLeaks Ken Gosztola, to get to this page I had to go back to forums and click in and got here. Last time on another thread it was taking me to some guy's blog.

• Like 1

Paul Combs@PAC43

LOL. Well it's cute anyway.

Supposedly he said it

"Outside of the killings, DC has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." -- Marion Barry

Wikiquote

Source: USA Today: Mar 24, 1989. pg. 02.A

• Like 1

Wise words of advice reportedly from a Youth Judge, and reportedly retold by Northland College (NZ) principal John Tapene.

Always we hear the cry from teenagers ‘What can we do, where can we go?’

My answer is, “Go home, mow the lawn, wash the windows, learn to cook, build a raft, get a job, visit the sick, study your lessons, and after you’ve finished, read a book.

Your town does not owe you recreational facilities and your parents do not owe you fun. The world does not owe you a living, you owe the world something. You owe it your time, energy and talent so that no one will be at war, in poverty or sick and lonely again.”

In other words, grow up, stop being a cry baby, get out of your dream world and develop a backbone, not a wishbone. Start behaving like a responsible person.

You are important and you are needed. It’s too late to sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday.

That someday is now and that somebody is you.

• Like 3

This is info taken from Iowahawk and Andrew Klavin and repackaged by Anthony Robinson. It is the only good political thing posted on my FB page lately and it was posted by one of my sonswub.png

The National Debt and Federal Budget Deficit Deconstructed - Tony Robbins

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+national+debt+and+federal+budget+deficit+deconstructed&oq=The+National+Debt+an&gs_l=youtube.1.0.0.88802.114224.0.115763.26.19.3.4.4.0.180.1756.8j8.16.0...0.0...1ac.OoT8Pgy4ndk

• Like 1