Coffee Shop

Rheo

Serial Fraud Kept Congressman in Office

John Fund

8/16/12

A new Washington Post poll found that 74 percent of Americans support having voters show ID at the polls, and a full 81 percent think voter fraud is a problem.

They have reason to be concerned. This month, four staffers for former Michigan congressman Thad McCotter were indicted for forging signatures on petitions to place him on the ballot. McCotter resigned from Congress after evidence surfaced that his district office had been run like a political version of Animal House.

Now, the Detroit Free Press reports that McCotter, Inc. had apparently been forging petitions for years, and he didn’t actually qualify for the ballot in at least the 2008, 2010, and 2012 elections. The Free Press reports that data archivists found that “in 2008, at least 67 of the 177 petition pages submitted were either copies or had been doctored by cutting and pasting dates from other documents onto the petitions.” In 2010, at least 73 of the 167 pages turned in were duplicates, which would have invalidated more than 1,000 of the signatures. In 2012, the scheme had evolved to the point that of the 1,800 signatures submitted by the McCotter campaign, only 244 were valid. But that year, the fraudsters saw their luck run out when a part-time worker for the Michigan secretary of state spotted the fraud. New procedures will make it more difficult to commit such fraud in the future.

(Snip)

When it comes to sophisticated analysis of the social issues of the day, the 1st place I look to is heavy metal bands Just being able to play a guitar gives a person special insights not available to the rest of us.

• Like 2

Draggingtree

Senator Rand Paul Speaks Out Against Senators Voting without Reading the Bills - 6/29/12

You know I have watched this video before ran across it again and watched it once more and said to myself it's worth posting.

Senator Rand Paul Speaks Out Against Senators Voting without Reading the Bills - 6/29/12

You know I have watched this video before ran across it again and watched it once more and said to myself it's worth posting.

One wonders just how often this happens...passing a bill without knowing what is in it? I suspect quite a bit.

Remember...That which cannot continue....won't.

Draggingtree

One wonders just how often this happens...passing a bill without knowing what is in it? I suspect quite a bit.

I am sure it's coming to a end around January 2013 -- new sheriff will be in town elephant.gif

I am sure it's coming to a end around January 2013 -- new sheriff will be in town elephant.gif

I hope you are right, but remember this has been going on for (I'd say) decades. This goes beyond mere partisan politics, and will be be cured by one 4-8 year span. It has to do with the culture in Washington, and I am afraid that culture will not change easily....or quickly.

This may very well be another sign of The End Times!

Andrea's apparent hostile attitude is pig-flying interesting.

Also, I am often shocked, when listening to DW Schultz (a supposed intelectual), how she can be involved in a 2-5 minute interview but only repeat the same sentence 20 times over. IMO she has nothing pertinent to say, and she is almost as irritating to watch as Obama himself.

Now they are pushing that Romney paid less PERCENT taxes than Ryan. Of course Romney paid 3Million in taxes and Ryan 50K but never mind that and never mind that Ryan is paying on income and Romney on capital gains (for the most part).

I just saw a vid of Matt Lauer. I have a question

122011-TODAY-MattLauer.grid-4x2.jpg

What's with the Skin Head Look?

I think he's just going bald. You don't have a TV so you probably haven't seen him in a while. Well, I do have a TV and I don't usually see him either.....

#ObamaSoftBallQuestions Given the record high unemployment & number of people on welfare, we were wondering if you ever pee in the shower?

There's been a lot of questions raised about Keynesian economic theory, have you ever watched Big Brother?

#ObamaSoftBallQuestions who would you rather play a round of golf with, Tiger Woods or Arnold Palmer?

#ObamaSoftBallQuestions What's your favorite thing about Mitt Romney's plan to raise taxes on the middle class?

#ObamaSoftBallQuestions How many states does the United States have?