Coffee Shop

Rheo

That is a warning label not to click, if ever there was one, @Valin! :D

Now for the answer: Ack, ack, ack! :o

ptui.

I'm about 1/2 way through this ad and suddenly the light bulb goes on. Now lord knows I'm not a prude....Really.....but....this strikes me as 2-3 miles over the line.

saveliberty

@Valin, on his birthday, it's okay to play golf.

For the rest of the year, it is confusing why he takes so much time away when so much needs attention.

Edited by saveliberty

pollyannaish

That is a warning label not to click, if ever there was one, @Valin! biggrin.png

Now for the answer: Ack, ack, ack! ohmy.png

ptui.

I'm about 1/2 way through this ad and suddenly the light bulb goes on. Now lord knows I'm not a prude....Really.....but....this strikes me as 2-3 miles over the line.

Blech! Seriously. I am NOT getting their product. And the Little Baby's Ice Cream? Wow. Does that stuff turn you into a creeper immediately?

The world creeps me out. If this is the alternative, I'm keeping my prude credentials, thank you very much!

That is a warning label not to click, if ever there was one, @Valin! biggrin.png

ptui.

Blech! Seriously. I am NOT getting their product. And the Little Baby's Ice Cream? Wow. Does that stuff turn you into a creeper immediately?

The world creeps me out. If this is the alternative, I'm keeping my prude credentials, thank you very much!

Who thought this was a good idea!

pollyannaish

ptui.

Who thought this was a good idea!

A bunch of creepy, cynical guys who spend too much time in the dark in front of their computers.

pollyannaish

Oh good grief. At first, I was with him. And then it turned. Sigh. So very close.

And so my response:

I am sorry you lost your job and I do hope that your family will not suffer too horribly because of it. Bad decisions have very stern consequences are you have discovered. This has clearly been a very tough week for you...and as a colleague of mine once said in a difficult time—an opportunity for learning.

I also respect your right to disagree with Chick-fil-a. I think, if you really do some soul searching you will realize that perhaps what you learned this week, many of the people you hate (including that outstanding young woman) already know. People are human and deserve to be treated with compassion, respect and understanding even when you do not agree with them.

You we're a bully. And bullying yields some very horrific consequences. I hope you will take your own words to heart and not continue to arrogantly preach and push everyone else. That will not change a single person's mind.

This controversy is not about respecting other people, because most of us who support Chick-fil-a honestly don't care if a person is gay or not and feel that is really not any of our business. We do, however, care about the long standing definition of marriage. That is sacred to us. It means something more than a pact between two people about being sexually committed. Bullying us into disregarding the central purpose in our life...to love and obey God, is not incompatible with treating everyone in a loving way—as that young lady taught you this week. We simply believe that marriage is in bad enough shape in this country without defining it down further. That is not about hate. It is about an institution. Think about what it is like for people of faith to have one of their most cherished sacraments co-opted by people who don't respect them for it? How would that feel to you?

Believe it or not, you are loved and you are forgiven. We are no better than you, and you are no better than us. As your side often says, "Be the change you want to be in the world." A lot of people demonstrated that this week.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Even if we still disagree.

You blew it, Buster. I feel sorry for your wife and family, but not for you. I keep thinking about how "purposeful" you felt as you gave poor Rachel a bad time through that window. It was a very immature man I saw, not someone with a job and family. For the sake of your family I wish you good luck in your job search. You're going to need it.

saveliberty

When he talked about how he posted the video and said that he viewed Rachel as "collateral damage", that justified his actions. He did not and even now really does not view Rachel or anyone who disagrees with him as a person of any value.

I am sorry that he lives in a world of his own making in which he must pretend that people are stick figure drawings.

saveliberty

Sermon 604: Bread of Life : 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time

8/2/2012

Please click the play button above to listen now. [follow link]

Again, the Church's Gospel is taken from the sixth chapter of the Gospel of John. The principle concern of this Gospel is to provide testimony to the enduring presence of Christ in the Eucharist. This presence is foreshadowed in the mysterious "showbread' of the ancient temple of Israel. The promise that is symbolized in the "showbread" is fulfilled in the Eucharist. In the Eucharist, the Church partakes of the its own "showbread", though no longer merely a symbol, it is the "Bread of Life"- the life and presence of Christ.Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

saveliberty

Ten Commandments clearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifScissors-32x32.png

Torah and Midrash on Aseret Hadiberot clearpixel.gifspinstar.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gif

clearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifexod31-18.gifclearpixel.gifpoint.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gif

And he gave to Moses, when he had finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, the

two tablets of the testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God. - Ex. 31:18 clearpixel.gifclearpixel.gifclearpixel.gif

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS are a special set of spiritual imperatives (laws) that the LORD Himself wrote on two stone tablets (luchot) that Moses brought down from Mount Sinai (Ex. 31:18). In the Scriptures these laws are called aseret hadevarim (עֲשֶׂרֶת הַדְּבָרִים) the "ten words" or "ten utterances" (see Ex. 34:28, Deut. 4:13 and Deut. 10:4). In rabbinical writings, they are usually referred to as Aseret haDiberot, and in Christian theological writings they are called the Decalogue (from the Greek words deca [10] and logoi [words]).

Background from the Torah clearpixel.gifchagmishaptimsm.jpg clearpixel.gifclearpixel.gif

clearpixel.gifa_icon_audio.gif clearpixel.gifclearpixel.gif

As recorded in the Torah, the Exodus from Egypt occurred in the middle of the month of Nisan, immediately following the first Passover. The Israelites journeyed for 44 days until the third new moon (i.e., the 1st day of the month of Sivan [Ex. 19:1]), when they encamped opposite Mount Sinai, the place where Moses was initially commissioned. Moses then ascended the mountain and the LORD commanded him to tell the leaders that if they would obey the LORD and keep His covenant, then they would be the LORD's "kingdom of priests" and "holy nation" (Ex. 19:5-6). After delivering this message, the people responded by proclaiming, kol asher diber Adonai na'aseh ("all that the LORD has spoken, we shall do"). Moses then returned to the mountain and was told to command the people to sanctify themselves before the LORD descended upon the mountain in three days. The people were to abstain from worldly comforts and not so much as touch (under penalty of death) the boundaries of the mountain. "Be ready for the third day; for on the third day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people."

Obama regulatory czar Cass Sunstein resigns

President Barack Obama’s regulatory czar Cass Sunstein is resigning his position in the Obama administration, the White House announced on Friday.

Sunstein, until now the administrator of the Office of Management and Budget’s powerful Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, will return to Harvard Law School to resume the position he held before he joined Obama’s administration three and a half years ago. He will be Harvard’s Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law and Director of the Program on Behavioral Economics and Public Policy.

Scissors-32x32.png

Good riddance to bad rubbish! Go back to bein' a "hot-dog" Harvard Pro & take your Mousy-tongue loving wench of a wife wit' ya!

So now he can continue indoctrinating the next generation of leftists.

This is supposed to make me feel better?

Power Line: Holy Mama Cass: What Parallel Universe Is This?

SrWoodchuck

Obama regulatory czar Cass Sunstein resigns

President Barack Obama’s regulatory czar Cass Sunstein is resigning his position in the Obama administration, the White House announced on Friday.

Sunstein, until now the administrator of the Office of Management and Budget’s powerful Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, will return to Harvard Law School to resume the position he held before he joined Obama’s administration three and a half years ago. He will be Harvard’s Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law and Director of the Program on Behavioral Economics and Public Policy.

Scissors-32x32.png

Good riddance to bad rubbish! Go back to bein' a "hot-dog" Harvard Pro & take your Mousy-tongue loving wench of a wife wit' ya!

So now he can continue indoctrinating the next generation of leftists.

This is supposed to make me feel better?

Power Line: Holy Mama Cass: What Parallel Universe Is This?

From the comments:

Pat Childs · Top Commenter

Sunstein is delusional. Convinced of his own intellectual superiority, he has a short term ability to lure gullible liberals into his universe. He is a unbalanced and cares not about consequences. He will now continue to do his damage at Harvard where the nation has witnessed for the last three years the shallow thinking of its program and weakness of its students.

Our deadliest day in 40 years

By Adam Bennett and APNZ

5:30 AM Monday Aug 6, 2012

The attack which killed two New Zealand soldiers in Afghanistan was the country's deadliest day in combat for more than forty years.

Six other New Zealanders were wounded - three seriously - when they went to the aid of Afghan police who were ambushed as they tried to arrest an insurgent.

Scissors-32x32.png

"I worry about my son every day, but I'm also proud that he is doing a job that ensures most Afghanis know there is humanity in the world," said the mother of one soldier.

Another said: "As a parent of a soldier in Afghanistan, you never stop worrying about them. On the other hand, extreme pride."

Seven New Zealand soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan since 2002, but Saturday's toll makes it New Zealand's worst day in combat since June 18 1970, when infantrymen Lance Corporal Cecil Richard Fisk and Private Leonard Cyril Jones were killed during the Vietnam war.

Scissors-32x32.png

From the comments:

Pat Childs · Top Commenter

Sunstein is delusional. Convinced of his own intellectual superiority, he has a short term ability to lure gullible liberals into his universe. He is a unbalanced and cares not about consequences. He will now continue to do his damage at Harvard where the nation has witnessed for the last three years the shallow thinking of its program and weakness of its students.

The thing is it works...or at least it has for the last 100 years.

We saw a great billboard driving home from Dallas. Must have been around Salido or Jarrell.

Correct this error on 11/6/2012 and a big picture of Obama.