Coffee Shop

Rheo

@Valin

You can't stop people from acting dumb and being silly...but at least they can't say no one told them.

They need to have their delicate [but ignorant] sensibilities offended.

And That Is What I am here for.

Example:

I feel it only fair to warn you this may cause extreme pain...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb

What we really need to do is repeal the Second Amendment. It was added to the Bill of Rights to ensure the ability of US citizens to protect themselves from a potentially tyrannical government. That's no longer a meaningful justification in the modern age and all the Second Amendment currently does is allow people to acquire and own items used in the maiming and killing of other Americans.

You forgot the sarcasm emoticon.

rolleyes.gif

There

And again

RichardMZhlubb RichardMZhlubb

Repealing the Second Amendment wouldn't automatically ban all guns. It would simply remove the unreasonably broad Constitutional protections afforded gun ownership and would enable legislatures to enact real, meaningful gun control.

You write for The Onion right? If not you should.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

George Washington

I wonder what your feelings would be if the type of right wing government we so often see in leftist fantasies came into power?

The point being the 2nd amendment guarantees the safety of the others. One of the reasons I don't worry about a dictator coming to power is there are A Lot of guns out there....and people who know how to use them.

AH! Richard...Liberal Thinking At Its finest!

@Valin My yesterday's quote from the Porch:

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

James Madison

@Valin My yesterday's quote from the Porch:

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."

James Madison

Madison knew his Machiavelli.

CHAPTER XX

Are Fortresses, And Many Other Things To Which Princes Often Resort, Advantageous Or Hurtful?

1. SOME princes, so as to hold securely the state, have disarmed their subjects; others have kept their subject towns by factions; others have fostered enmities against themselves; others have laid themselves out to gain over those whom they distrusted in the beginning of their governments; some have built fortresses; some have overthrown and destroyed them. And although one cannot give a final judgment on all one of these things unless one possesses the particulars of those states in which a decision has to be made, nevertheless I will speak as comprehensively as the matter of itself will admit.

2. There never was a new prince who has disarmed his subjects; rather when he has found them disarmed he has always armed them, because, by arming them, those arms become yours, those men who were distrusted become faithful, and those who were faithful are kept so, and your subjects become your adherents. And whereas all subjects cannot be armed, yet when those whom you do arm are benefited, the others can be handled more freely, and this difference in their treatment, which they quite understand, makes the former your dependants, and the latter, considering it to be necessary that those who have the most danger and service should have the most reward, excuse you. But when you disarm them, you at once offend them by showing that you distrust them, either for cowardice or for want of loyalty, and either of these opinions breeds hatred against you. And because you cannot remain unarmed, it follows that you turn to mercenaries, which are of the character already shown; even if they should be good they would not be sufficient to defend you against powerful enemies and distrusted subjects. Therefore, as I have said, a new prince in a new principality has always distributed arms. Histories are full of examples. But when a prince acquires a new state, which he adds as a province to his old one, then it is necessary to disarm the men of that state, except those who have been his adherents in acquiring it; and these again, with time and opportunity, should be rendered soft and effeminate; and matters should be managed in such a way that all the armed men in the state shall be your own soldiers who in your old state were living near you.

saveliberty

Madison knew the abuses of power. He made the point that those who take your property do not respect your ideas.

saveliberty

Scissors-32x32.png

Posted at 12:02 am on July 22, 2012 by Twitchy Staff |

RAULFOX31_normal.jpg

Coming up at 9 on
. Exclusive new information tonight about a 2nd person Aurora police are looking for.

yeom-pyo-lee-2_edited-1.jpeg?w=430

There was some buzz yesterday about a possible second suspect in the Aurora theater shooting. Tonight, local Denver media outlets are tweeting and reporting on a possible second person of interest in the horrific crime. TV station KDVR reports that police have issued an alert for a man who allegedly called from James Holmes’ phone and “threatened violence” if Holmes is not released.

44851_small_profile.jpg

Defining Moments

Pat Sajak · Jul 19 at 8:28am

Scissors-32x32.png

It's as if President Obama climbed into a tank, put on his helmet, talked about how his foray into Cambodia was seared in his memory, looked at his watch, misspelled "potato" and pardoned Richard Nixon all in the same day.

H/T Powerlineblog and Clarice Feldman

For what it's worth Pat is going to be on Uncommon Knowledge this coming week I believe.

• Like 1

He gets to ride Air Force One again. I think he is really going to miss that plane/perk.

And it keeps him in the news. In a swing state.

• Like 1

Alexander Cockburn, R.I.P.

Left-wing journalist Alexander Cockburn died on Saturday following a two year battle with cancer. He was 71.

Born in Ireland, Cockburn became one of the most influential leftist writers in the U.S. as co-editor of the bi-weekly newsletter, CounterPunch. Cockburn was also a columnist first with The Village Voice and later with The Nation.

Aside from Noam Chomsky, Cockburn was not only influential in steering the Left towards its present anti-Israel inclinations but also played a role in making anti-Semitism acceptable to said constituency. Indeed, Cockburn relished being labeled an anti-Semite.

(Snip)

Prayers for the family

MILITARY INSIDER: Barack Obama’s “Troubling” Personal Behavior

Part Two

For the first time in over two years of interviews, a powerful and highly influential Wall Street insider allows for direct interview participation of a figure we will simply call “Military Insider”. What follows is the second of a two part interview with both of these individuals who warn of an impending crisis within the United States fully manufactured by other powers hoping to secure a second term for “the man calling himself Obama”. For those who have followed the arc of these insider interviews from the beginning – you know just how accurate they have proven to be. Please remind yourself of that as you read this latest discussion.

PART ONE AVAILABLE HERE: MILITARY INSIDER: President Obama – “By Any Means Necessary”

Scissors-32x32.png

SrWoodchuck

Thanks, @Rheo!

Thought this was an interesting viewpoint [take what you will from it]:

Obama’s Blatant Idolatry-Obama's Idolatrous Greek Temple Backdrop Revisited

Guest Column--Robert Bowie Johnson, Jr. Sunday, July 22, 2012

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/48246

As a pathological narcissist, most of Obama’s public remarks must be understood as self-referential. When he said, “We are no longer a Christian nation,” he was not referring to the overwhelming number of God-fearing Americans whose faith and morality he is incapable of grasping. What Obama meant was: “The anti-Christian, anti-God Democratic Party led by me now rules America.”

I don’t know of a single Democrat in the White House or in the Congress who believes that what Paul called the “sacred scriptures” are the revealed word of God. How could they remain a Democrat if they did believe that? The democratic leadership has become a conglomeration of Marxists, materialists, atheists, egotists, abortionists, evolutionists, unashamed Sodomites, apostate religionists, elitists, calumniators, usurpers, vain praters, liars and totalitarians. The idea of a Christian Democrat has become as oxymoronic as the terms Christian Marxist and Marxist Christian.Scissors-32x32.png

In The Parthenon Code: Mankind’s History in Marble, now translated into Greek and French, I show that Greek sculpture and vase-art portray not myth, but rather the history of the human race, a history that corresponds to the Genesis account. The difference is that the Greeks believed the serpent did not delude the first couple in paradise, but instead, enlightened them. You can read a summary of the true meaning of ancient Greek art HERE. One of the supreme ironies of our time is that the academic world fails to recognize its own man-centered, idolatrous mindset as it is portrayed and celebrated in ancient Greek art. Understanding this, let’s return to Obama’s Greek temple background. The columns raised up empty square panels the Greeks called metopes, a word signifying the forehead. (I have heard metope pronounced by museum curators both as me-tope and met-o-pee). Most often, the Greeks filled these panels with thematic sculptures. Undoubtedly, Obama saw himself as filling in the spaces with sculptures of his grand accomplishments.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 2