Father Robert Barron comments on Ross Douthat's "Bad Religion"

saveliberty

@saveliberty

I love this guy!

I've got some bad news for some on our side. God is not a Republican..conservative or otherwise. Also God is not a Democrat..liberal or otherwise.

God is. End of sentence...next paragraph.

• Like 1

saveliberty

@saveliberty

I love this guy!

I've got some bad news for some on our side. God is not a Republican..conservative or otherwise. Also God is not a Democrat..liberal or otherwise.

God is. End of sentence...next paragraph.

I agree with everything you said, @Valin!

righteousmomma

We have discussed the author and book and "heretic" here before. So I will only add that in agreement with Father Barron (though he expressed it differently) I believe both sides of the spectrum have to keep a careful balance between our innate humanism to create our own gods and the One True Creator God into our image and the Message, Precepts and Principles of the One and Only True Creator God as He has revealed Himself in the Written Word..

Ironically "Father" Barron demonstrates the difficulty of this balance by the very title afforded him by a human Institution.

We were created to live and governor this planet by God for His Purpose. An understanding of ROMANS is foundational, essential and crucially vital.

I agree totally about the Kingdom of God.

Essentially I learned a long time ago that to have Life Abundant and Transformational the individual must make a choice. Life itself is a series of choices.

A perfect example of this is GWB.

Most individuals whether Protestant, Catholic or Non Denominational are woefully ignorant concerning the Love, Mercy and Grace of God.

We have discussed the author and book and "heretic" here before. So I will only add that in agreement with Father Barron (though he expressed it differently) I believe both sides of the spectrum have to keep a careful balance between our innate humanism to create our own gods and the One True Creator God into our image and the Message, Precepts and Principles of the One and Only True Creator God as He has revealed Himself in the Written Word..

Ironically "Father" Barron demonstrates the difficulty of this balance by the very title afforded him by a human Institution.

The question should be are we on Gods side. That's why God gave us A. these nice big brains& B. an instruction manual. You know this Jesus guy, was pretty smart, in spite of not having Rush Limbaugh to guide him, when he said " Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. Without laying out explicitly what they were.

Most individuals whether Protestant, Catholic or Non Denominational are woefully ignorant concerning the Love, Mercy and Grace of God.

OH OH! That would be me. laugh.png

• 4 weeks later...
saveliberty

Fr. Barron is my favorite. Have you seen his series "Catholicism"?

Just great.

Mine too. Yes I have - I have the DVD set and am very happy with it.