Coffee Shop

Rheo

I've found a very interesting iphone/ipad/android news app that I like a lot.

it's NEWS360 and presents a wealth of news stories and seems to have a pretty politically balanced news selection algorithm. Unlike Google.news and many others... it does not appear to have a left leaning selection process. They even had an article headlining from the WND.

What I like is that once you select a news story, it gives you numerous other media sources for the same story. I understand that it also remembers your browsing interest and guides brings up articles on that basis.

Supposedly, you can add it to your browser but I've not had luck with getting it to run in that mode.

http://news360app.com/

Here's a couple of screen views from the iPad app on US Politics.

c17f4a5c.jpg

23e12824.jpg

LMFAO.gif

Syracuse's little-used electric car chargers being replaced after just months

Syracuse, N.Y. -- A Syracuse nonprofit got a $700,000 government grant last year to buy and install 68 electric car charging units around Central New York.

But this week, Synapse Sustainability Trust ripped the last of the chargers out of a downtown Syracuse parking lot.

Synapse Sustainability says it is replacing them — at no cost to taxpayers — because the manufacturer sold it the wrong type of charging units.

The goof-up will have little impact on the public. After all, there are only 30 electric or electric hybrid cars in five counties surrounding Syracuse. There are more charging units than there are cars that can use them.

(Snip)

i r a invirowmeantal axtivest, i r reely no what i r dueing.

LMFAO.gif

Syracuse, N.Y. -- A Syracuse nonprofit got a $700,000 government grant last year to buy and install 68 electric car charging units around Central New York.

But this week, Synapse Sustainability Trust ripped the last of the chargers out of a downtown Syracuse parking lot.

Synapse Sustainability says it is replacing them — at no cost to taxpayers — because the manufacturer sold it the wrong type of charging units.

The goof-up will have little impact on the public. After all, there are only 30 electric or electric hybrid cars in five counties surrounding Syracuse. There are more charging units than there are cars that can use them.

(Snip)

laugh.png 65 charging units and 30 electric or hybrids in 5 surrounding counties. LMFAO.gif

LMFAO.gif

(Snip)

laugh.png 65 charging units and 30 electric or hybrids in 5 surrounding counties. LMFAO.gif

Why do you hate our mother the earth, and our friends from the forest floor?

clearvision

65 charingg units and 30 electric or hybrids in 5 surrounding counties. LMFAO.gif

Wait they count hybrids as potential users of electric chargers? Do they include Prius and the like in their numbers?

pollyannaish

65 charingg units and 30 electric or hybrids in 5 surrounding counties. LMFAO.gif

Wait they count hybrids as potential users of electric chargers? Do they include Prius and the like in their numbers?

That's exactly right! Don't hybrids just capture and use the excess energy the vehicle makes while it is running on fuel? Why would a hybrid need a charging station at all? Am I missing something?

That's exactly right! Don't hybrids just capture and use the excess energy the vehicle makes while it is running on fuel? Why would a hybrid need a charging station at all? Am I missing something?

Y'all are exactly right and not missing a thing.

Out of those 30 vehicles, I would venture a guess that a maximum of 5 are actually electric cars that would need a charging station.

clearvision

My US Representative talks about Voter IDs.

Just think, if you lived here in Mpls you too could be represented by this guy!

You are so lucky.

So he thinks property taxes will go up because of issuing IDs to all the eligible voters who don't have them.

My US Representative talks about Voter IDs.

Just think, if you lived here in Mpls you too could be represented by this guy!

You are so lucky.

So he thinks property taxes will go up because of issuing IDs to all the eligible voters who don't have them.

Think....Keith Ellison? Not so you would notice it much.