2012 Presidential Election

Valin

Mind boggling that the ChicagO Tribune actually has an editorial recognizing that it may be about their golden one. Of course there is still no mention of his left wing IDEOLOGY. Least it's a start.

What left wing IDEOLOGY? Don't you know the 4th best President is a centrist...a moderate....a post partisan President?

The “best” “worst” Obama-adoring video (Reader Poll)

William A. Jacobson

June 11, 2012

Consider this the opening of a time capsule from a gentler, kinder, more delusional era, when love of composite Obama swept the land.

In my post Sunday, It made you happy, but it was that bad, I asked readers for suggestions for the best worst Obama-adoring video for a Reader Poll.

The response was overwhelming, including may videos I had not seen before. But choices needed to be made for a Reader Poll limiting the choices to seven videos selected by me. I’ve excluded campaign videos, “news” videos, and MSNBC because that would not be fair to the other contestants.

What constitutes “best” of the “worst” is up to you. For me, I take into account factors such as creepiness, mindlessness, allegiance to vague concepts, and willingness to devote oneself to all of the above with absolute conviction that it will save the world.

(Snip)

(Click on link for Vids)

Well there goes breakfast! And I don't hold a lot of hope about lunch staying down.

I could only watch part of the first 4 videos. I have no appetite now either. I have to say, I felt sorry for all those idealistic people and thought the Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher marriage being no more was somehow symbolic of the whole mess.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

That was so sickening I could not handle but 2 of them. The Sanctuary one is downright blasphemous and heretical in the truest sense. That sound you hear is me wretching.

I could only watch part of the first 4 videos. I have no appetite now either. I have to say, I felt sorry for all those idealistic people and thought the Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher marriage being no more was somehow symbolic of the whole mess.

what can I say except...

By the livin' Gawd that made you,. You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

• Like 1

Draggingtree

The Grio

Obama campaign releases first black radio ad

by Joy-Ann Reid | June 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM

The Barack Obama re-election campaign Tuesday will air its first radio ad targeting African-Americans, campaign officials confirmed.

The 60-second ad, entitled “We’ve Got Your Back,” appeals to black voters’ nostalgia about the election of the nation’s first African-American president, calling for those voters to stand with the president again in November.

“Four years ago we made history,” a male announcer says. “Now it’s time to move forward and finish what we started together. We have to show the President we have his back.” The spot is inter-cut with audio from President Obama’s speeches, touching on familiar political and campaign themes.

“I refuse to pay for another millionaire’s tax cut by kicking children off of Head Start programs; asking Scissors-32x32.png

The ads are being placed nationally by Fuse Advertising, an African-American owned agency based in St. Louis, Missouri, which also was contracted by the Obama campaign in 2008.

Listen to the ad here. Read More

http://thegrio.com/2012/06/11/obama-campaign-releases-first-black-radio-ad/

Draggingtree

CBC staff: Opposition to Obama is racist

byJoel Gehrke Commentary Staff Writer

Angela Rye, Executive Director of the Congressional Black Caucus, argued that President Obama has struggled during his first term due to racially-motivated opposition from conservatives who dislike having a black president.

"This is probably the toughest presidential term in my lifetime," Rye said during CSPAN's Q&A yesterday. "I think that a lot of what the president has experienced is because he's black. You know, whether it's questioning his intellect or whether or not he's Ivy League. It's always either he's not educated enough or he's too educated; or he's too black or he's not black enough; he's too Christian or not Christian enough. There are all these things where he has to walk this very fine line to even be successful."

She said that "a lot" of conservative opposition is racially-charged, citing the use of the word "cool" in an attack ad launched by Karl Rove's Crossroads GPS superPAC.

"There's an ad, talking about [how] the president is too cool, [asking] is he too cool? And there's this music that reminds me of, you know, some of the blaxploitation films from Scissors-32x32.pngLMFAO.gif Read More

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/cbc-staff-opposition-obama-racist/592346

Draggingtree

National Right to Life

Reason #1 to Defeat Barack Obama

Obama continues to financially support China’s one-child policy abuses, even as Chen Guangcheng leaves China. Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/reason1/

Reason #2 to Defeat Barack Obama

Partial-Birth Abortion

If you lived in Rwanda, would you vote for a person who had supported the hacking to death of innocent countrymen? Of Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/content/reason2.png

Reason #3 to Defeat Barack Obama

A real “War on Women” that’s actually killing baby girls.Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/content/reason3.png

Reason #4 to Defeat Barack Obama

Live-Birth Abortion

This is the fourth in a series of 54 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama. The 54 Reasons commemorate the tragedy of 54 million unborn children killed in the U.S. since 1973 Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/content/reason41.png

Reason #5 to Defeat Barack Obama

Judges

Long after Barack Obama is gone from the White House, the judges he appointed will continue to make policy that you and I – and millions of unborn babies – will be forced to live with. Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/reason-5-to-defeat-barack-obama/

Scissors-32x32.png more to come here https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/category/54-reasons/

saveliberty

Hennessy's View

advancing the pursuit of happiness

You’ll Never Guess Who’s About to Become Obama’s Biggest Nightmare

Posted on June 3, 2012

Scissors-32x32.png

In 2008, we heard all about the youth movement for Obama. We heard that the enormous Millennial Generation, born between 1982 and 2001, would destroy the GOP and everything America once stood for–like jobs, family, faith, and hard work. And when Obama won, many believed the tales of the Obama Youth.

National Right to Life

Reason #1 to Defeat Barack Obama

Obama continues to financially support China’s one-child policy abuses, even as Chen Guangcheng leaves China. Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/reason1/

Reason #2 to Defeat Barack Obama

Partial-Birth Abortion

If you lived in Rwanda, would you vote for a person who had supported the hacking to death of innocent countrymen? Of Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/content/reason2.png

Reason #3 to Defeat Barack Obama

A real “War on Women” that’s actually killing baby girls.Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/content/reason3.png

Reason #4 to Defeat Barack Obama

Live-Birth Abortion

This is the fourth in a series of 54 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama. The 54 Reasons commemorate the tragedy of 54 million unborn children killed in the U.S. since 1973 Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/content/reason41.png

Reason #5 to Defeat Barack Obama

Judges

Long after Barack Obama is gone from the White House, the judges he appointed will continue to make policy that you and I – and millions of unborn babies – will be forced to live with. Scissors-32x32.png Read More https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/reason-5-to-defeat-barack-obama/

Scissors-32x32.png more to come here https://www.nrlvictoryfund.org/category/54-reasons/

Where is the part that mentions he's Black? We've been told his race is the reason so many don't want him reelected.

righteousmomma

YEAH!!! I just heard on our local news that the latest poll has Romney presently up by 2 points over Qbama and that conservative Democrats are going over to Romney.

For those who don't know NC politics: we have lots of Yellow Dog Democrats. In the National Presidential elections NC had always gone for Bush. Then in 2008 the one came to power and you know what happened to put him there. However even with busing in the Dem vote and all the propaganda and the fact NC had the worse drawn Democrat favorable Districts he barely won the State.

Here is an article that explains our present situation best:

Change may continue in North Carolina elections in 2012

By Todd McGee

Communications Director

The winds of change are still blowing from the 2010 election, which saw Republicans take control of both chambers of the North Carolina General Assembly for the first time since Reconstruction, ushering in a new era of Tar Heel politics.

According to John Rustin, the executive director of the North Carolina Free Enterprise Foundation, a different kind of windstorm is brewing in 2012, but one that could still have a significant impact on the General Assembly.

“This is a really fascinating time in North Carolina politics,” Rustin told the NCACC Board of Directors at its February 22 meeting. “It is an historic time. We thought the 2010 elections were historic, and it just continues on.”

Rustin said that North Carolina’s population growth is contributing to the state’s changing demographics. The latest voter registration data shows that 43.7 percent of registered voters are Democrats, 31.4 percent are Republicans and 24.9 percent are unaffiliated. By comparison, in April 1994, 59.2 percent of registered voters were Democrats, 32.4 percent were Republicans and only 8.3 percent unaffiliated.

In the past 18 years, the percentage of voters identifying themselves as Republicans has remained fairly constant, while the percentage of unaffiliated voters has grown by about 200 percent and the percentage of Democrat voters has decreased by more than 26 percent.

“North Carolina has become the quintessential battleground state,” Rustin said. “We are very, very competitive in statewide races across the board. In 2008, President Obama won North Carolina by just over 14,000 votes. Democrats held majorities in both the state Senate (30-20) and state House (68-52). Just two years later … Republicans gained majorities in both chambers of the Legislature for the first time since Reconstruction, well over 100 years. The majority in the Senate was 31-19 and 68-52 in the House – basically a flip-flop in just a two-year period.”

In 2012, Rustin says control of the General Assembly likely won’t change, thanks to redistricting maps drawn by the Republican majority that should favor Republicans retaining control. Rustin said the number of newcomers will almost certainly be even greater than what occurred in 2010 because of a rash of retirements by veteran lawmakers and the new election maps, which created 20 open seats.

In 2010, 42 newcomers were elected to the General Assembly, most of them Republicans. This year, 29 lawmakers decided to retire, and another 12 are seeking higher office (see chart). With redistricting putting several incumbents in the same district, and many incumbents facing competition in either the primary or general election, nearly 50 seats are guaranteed to be occupied by newcomers in 2013 – and possibly more

Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.ncacc.org/countylines/2012/03/Elections.html

(Incidentally thanks to the Research Triangle and many major Universities and colleges and associated Medical Schools in the State our job numbers are currently about 9% for the State and 7% for the Triangle. We are third from the top in the Nation.)

• Like 1

YEAH!!! I just heard on our local news that the latest poll has Romney presently up by 2 points over Qbama and that conservative Democrats are going over to Romney.

Today being 6/13/12 this and other polls means approximately diddly squat. IMHO they make for good headlines (ie easy story to write..ie making the reporter sound like someone 'In The Know") Polls like this start to mean someone at the end of Sept.

/turd in the punchbowl

• Like 1

Valin, do not rain on my parade. I will take the 2 points and raise you 2.

Valin, do not rain on my parade. I will take the 2 points and raise you 2.

Someone has to be a curmudgeon! evil1.gif

• Like 1

This is what what the Obama campaign needed!

US News & World Report: AFL-CIO Pulling Funds From Obama Campaign

Elizabeth Flock

June 13, 2012

The AFL-CIO has told Washington Whispers it will redeploy funds away from political candidates smack dab in the middle of election season, the latest sign that the largest federation of unions in the country could be becoming increasingly disillusioned with President Obama.

The federation says the shift has been in the works for months, and had nothing to do with the president's failure to show in Wisconsin last week, where labor unions led a failed recall election of Governor Scott Walker.

"We wanted to start investing our funds in our own infrastructure and advocacy," AFL-CIO spokesman Josh Goldstein told Whispers. "There will be less contributions to candidates," including President Obama.

(Snip)

rats-abandoning-ship-220x120.jpg

• Like 1

Draggingtree

9 reasons why the White House is imploding

Kevin Danielsen June 12, 2012 3:31 pm

President+Barack+Obama+First+Day+White+House+20u9Uyz-V2rl-181x300.jpgThe Obama administration seems to be falling on hard times these days, as their ‘chickens come home to roost’. Unfortunately for the incumbent President, all of this is taking place just 5 months before that fearful November voting day. As the administration continues to collapse under the tremendous weight of scandals, gaffes, and congressional investigations, it can be difficult to keep track of them all. So, to keep things easy …we’ve decided to keep track of them for you. Here are 9 reasons why the White House is imploding.

#9 – Obama’s commerce secretary, John Bryson, “had been cited for a felony hit-and-run after allegedly crashing his car three times over the weekend. In one incident, the previously obscure Cabinet officer apparently rear-ended a Buick, spoke to the car’s occupants, then hit the vehicle again as he left.” [The Washington Post report]

#8 – The US and Pakistan are at a near standstill in cooperation for the War on Terror.

A

NYDailyNews.com article

reports: “But diplomatic observers in the US capital noted that ‘no spin can hide the fact that relations between the two countries are at their worst now’, as one of them said

Scissors-32x32.pngRead More

http://deliver.emailelect.com/tl.php?p=168/155/rs/16l4/rx/rs//http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ijreview.com%2F2012%2F06%2F7916-9-reasons-why-the-white-house-is-imploding%2F

Draggingtree

Ace of Spades

The Three Rules on Presidential Elections

—CAC

RULE #1

EVERY TIME THE WHITE HOUSE HAS FLIPPED, THE WINNING PARTY SNAGS A STATE IT FAILED TO GRAB THE LAST TIME THEY FLIPPED IT. Those states may have been new to the union, or the demographics simply changed, which is the case since the 1960's. But the winning party in a flip always, without fail, gains states.

Republicans' first flip from the Democrats: 1860

Democrats' first flip from the Republicans: 1884

White House Flips since 1884:

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1888 back to R: NE,CO,KS

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1892 back to D: CA,WI,IL

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1896 back to R: ND,KY,WV,MD,DE,NJ,CT

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1912 back to D: OR,NV,AZ,NM,OK,CO,ID,MT,WY,ND,IA,OH,ME,MA,RI,NH

1920 back to R: MO,TN,OK,KS,NE,SD,MT,ID,WY,UT,CO,NV,AZ,NM,WA

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1932 back to D: WA,UT,MN,CA,SD

1952 back to R: FL,TX,VA

1960 back to D: PA,DE,CT,HI

1968 back to R: NC,SC,AK

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1976 back to D: WI,OH,KY,TN,FL

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1980 back to R: WA,MI,TX,PA,NY,CT,MA,ME

INCUMBENT DEFEATED* 1992 back to D: MT,WA,OR,NV,CA,CO,NM,IA,IL,MI,NJ,CT,VT,NH,ME

2000 back to R: WV,GA

2008 back to D: IN,NC,FL,VA,NE2

Note: this rule holds before the 1860s, but parties and party status changed from 1796 thru 1856, so we are focusing on the last 150 years with the modern parties.

RULE #2

Scissors-32x32.png

Read More http://ace.mu.nu/archives/330115.php

Draggingtree

Quote of the Day from Rush

George Bush is blame more for ever thing than there are reason’s for Global Warming

Draggingtree

eric_holder_race_card_big-6-6-12.jpg

Eric Holder Slides into the Depths of Race Politics

An attorney general who plays the race card flirts with some ugly ghosts from American history.

by

Joe Hicks

Bio

June 14, 2012 - 12:08 am

The nation has seen more than a few odd attorneys general over the years. Among them have been the eccentric John Mitchell, Richard Nixon’s man at the Justice Department; Bill Clinton’s peculiar Janet Reno; and the personality-challenged John Ashcroft, who served under George W. Bush. Personal oddness or political partisanship is one thing, but an attorney general who plays the race card flirts with the ghosts of American history.

Since the days of President Lyndon Johnson’s crass racial attitudes, presidents and members of their administrations have understood the particularly destructive role that race has played in America’s past. Thus, they have generally avoided taking part in actions that inflame those wounds from a very ugly chapter of history.

Barack Obama and Eric Holder had the opportunity to help steer the nation toward race-neutral policies — perhaps into a post-racial era. Instead, the first black president has often dabbled in the politics of racial identity, and the first black attorney general has often shamelessly exposed his own solidarity with “his people.” This is the man who lectured us about America being a nation of racial

because white Americans haven’t engaged in sufficient “soul searching.”

However, this served as a lead-in to Holder’s reprehensible campaign to convince black Americans that their voting rights are under deliberate attack from “Republican-initiated” voter identification laws. Since last year, Holder has been on a tear, delivering this message to black audiences all across the country.

This divisive campaign has emerged on a short list of the Obama administration’s reelection tactics. Some Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://pjmedia.com/blog/eric-holder-slides-into-the-depths-of-race-politics/

Draggingtree

President Obama rips Mitt Romney in economy reset speech

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 6/14/12 3:08 PM EDT Updated: 6/14/12 3:16 PM EDT

CLEVELAND – President Barack Obama delivered an extensive rebuke of Mitt Romney’s proposed agenda as he sought to reset his stumbling re-election campaign Thursday in Cleveland.

Lining up a long contrast of his agenda against policies he said had been tried and failed, the president said he believed voters would connect with the clear choice he’s presenting to change national economic policy.

We tried this. Their policies did not grow the economy. They did not grow the middle class. They did not reduce our debt. Why would we think that they would work better this time. We cannot afford to jeopardize our future by repeating the mistakes of the past. Not now, not when there’s so much at stake,” Obama said.

He added later, “If you want to give the policies of the last decade another try, then you should vote for Mr. Romney. No no, you should vote for his allies in Congress and take them at their word and they will take America down this path. And Mr. Romney is qualified to deliver on that plan.”

Obama went so far as to make his economic argument personal, saying that Romney, who is worth between $190 million and $255 million, according to his campaign, would benefit financially from the very income tax cuts he is proposing.

“I don’t believe that giving someone like Mr. Romney another huge tax cut is worth ending the guarantee we always provided the elderly,” Obama said.

The 53-minute speech here, which detailed no new proposals for a second term but reiterated his policies in his first one, displayed Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77430.html