2012 Presidential Election

Valin

Hot Air: Ed Schultz: If Romney wins this election, there'll never be another Democratic president

posted at 9:04 pm on May 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

thinking.gif And the downside is........?

Let's hope there will be plenty of DEMOCRATIC presidents, just no DEMOCRAT presidentswink.png

You do of course realize that if Mitt Romney is elected it will be the end of "Abortion Rights". He wants to keep women barefoot and pregnant...in fact to insure this, he will send out his MMMM (Militant Male Mormon Minions) to impregnate all women...and confiscate their shoes, sandals, slippers, booties any type of footwear.

Think I'm ready of The Daily Kos? Or is this a little too toned down?

@righteousmomma -- I thought Rush's description of Delores Huerta was especially enlightening. I had never heard of her.

This is why I keep harping on history. I'd not really heard of her either, but we can connect the dots back.....well as far as you care to go. Huerta to Chavez to Eleanor Roosevelt to John Dewey to Rousseau, and on and on. We can start with Huerta and go off in another direction to Simon Bolivar to Cortez, and back to the Song of Roland...and on and on and on. That's the thing, its not "In fourteen hundred and ninety two Columbus sailed the ocean blue...Its why did he do it, and why did Isabella front him the money to do it.

May 31 2012 didn't just happen, didn't just spring from the forehead of Zeus. Mike Bloomberg wanting to ban large soft drinks...there's a history to that, and looking at it takes us to some very strange and interesting places, and we can see he is acting very consistent.

Here Endth the Rant

#498,118,452 of a unlimited series.

I just watched the unveiling of President Bush and Laura's official portraits. It is the first time I have listened to Obama speak for that length of time for over a year I think, so you know how badly I wanted to see President Bush speak. Anyhow, just wanted to say how wonderful it was to hear from him and Laura and how amazed I was at how accurate the likenesses of the portraits were. I have seen prior portraits that were so wooden, these were awesome!

Draggingtree

Daily Caller

The Obama experience

Published: 8:23 PM 05/29/2012

By J. Peder Zane

Author, Design in Nature

Bio | Archive

The 2012 election is quickly moving from tragedy to farce. For evidence, consider the current attack on Mitt Romney’s tenure at Bain Capital.

With a straight face, President Obama is questioning whether Romney’s experience building a multi-billion-dollar business suggests he might know something about the economy. In all seriousness, seemingly intelligent journalists are echoing this line of attack in interviews with Romney and his surrogates.

In other words, four years ago, as America faced an historic economic crisis, a man who had failed to distinguish himself as a community organizer, part-time law professor and state and U.S. senator, was the man for the job. Today, as the economy continues to stumble, someone who spent two decades as a wildly successful business person — and later as a governor — has the wrong background to right the ship.

The presidency is, of course, like no other job. It requires such a broad set of skills that one’s previous vocation is less important than one’s intelligence, character and flexibility. That’s why our greatest leaders have included military leaders (Washington), lawyers (Lincoln), a haberdasher (Truman) and an actor (Reagan). It is one reason why, in 2008, a majority of voters looked past Obama’s lack of experience, hoping that he possessed other, even more important qualities. Oops! Scissors-32x32.png

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/29/the-obama-experience/#ixzz1wTeg3zrX

righteousmomma

Dragging tree, I saw the o bit on Fox live and must say "it's about time!" Remember the o wouldn't go on Fox and actually dissed then no end? Well, hee,hee.

• Like 1

Aha! So here's where people talk about the campaign. Sometimes it looks from the articles on the front page that there isn't even one going on!

Team Mitt had an outstanding day, Valin, with the pushback in MA against WH-orchestrated hecklers at Mitt events and then the simultaneous secret mission to hold the presser at Solyndra.

Outstanding PR jujitsu by the Boston gang. And to top off the day, Mitt just checked in at Solyndra on FourSquare ( http://instagr.am/p/LTV4O7oDh9/ ) to rub it in!LMFAO.gif

Thank heavens this time we don't have to endure the humiliations of the Mcain 'castrati' turning the other check at all the indignities to which they were subjected on a daily basis by the O Team. Team Mitt fights back.

Dare I say it, for R political junkies at least, this is getting downright fun.biggrin.png

righteousmomma

Thank heavens this time we don't have to endure the humiliations of the Mcain 'castrati' turning the other check at all the indignities to which they were subjected on a daily basis by the O Team. Team Mitt fights back.

Dare I say it, for R political junkies at least, this is getting downright fun

YES!!! And its even more fun seeing you here Leilani.

Hey @leilani

Good to see you here.

I hope most good conservatives are starting to sing that great old song...

"if you cant be with the one you love.... Love the one you're with."

• Like 1

Bonsoir Maman & Papa Righteous Texans! (righteousmomma! and nctexan!)

Yep, it sounds like a lot of people are coming around. Mitt happens to have been my first choice ( I was a volunteer last time around), but I remembered it took me a while to warm up to the idea of a McCain candidacy in 2008, so I've got some empathy.

I think it would have helped things along for me back then a lot, though, had Team McCain been as competent & motivated as Team Mitt and understood the intangible but crucial importance of giving our side the chance to cheer on a regular basis.

BTW, every time I see a film with the incomparable Mlle. Moreau I still think of you both and your dog!

clearvision

I think a lot of us got burnt out on the primary push. I really like Romney's going to Solendra for a speech today.

@righteousmomma -- I thought Rush's description of Delores Huerta was especially enlightening. I had never heard of her.

This is why I keep harping on history. I'd not really heard of her either, but we can connect the dots back.....well as far as you care to go. Huerta to Chavez to Eleanor Roosevelt to John Dewey to Rousseau, and on and on. We can start with Huerta and go off in another direction to Simon Bolivar to Cortez, and back to the Song of Roland...and on and on and on. That's the thing, its not "In fourteen hundred and ninety two Columbus sailed the ocean blue...Its why did he do it, and why did Isabella front him the money to do it.

May 31 2012 didn't just happen, didn't just spring from the forehead of Zeus. Mike Bloomberg wanting to ban large soft drinks...there's a history to that, and looking at it takes us to some very strange and interesting places, and we can see he is acting very consistent.

Here Endth the Rant

...The Song of Roland?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ACQuhYYDA&feature=player_embedded

Yes We Can.

The FOX and Friends crew is catching some flack for airing this 4 minute anti-Obama clip yesterday on their show, twice. But, if you’re like me, I think you’ll enjoy it… thoroughly.

Posted by Jim Hoft on Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm like you then, Draggingtree, because I enjoyed it, although it was also painful to hear and look at.

Here Endth the Rant

...The Song of Roland?

Wiki:The Song of Roland

Modern English translation: The Song of Roland

(The Readers Digest version) The sad tale of how a bunch of Basques attack Charlemagne's baggage train, kill a lot of Franks and give birth to French literature.

This is why I keep harping on history. I'd not really heard of her either, but we can connect the dots back.....well as far as you care to go.

@Valin

Your point on history made me think about another angle...

In my opinion, the gay marriage issue has two major objectives... the "social acceptance and promotion of the gay lifestyle" and the entitlement of benefits to one of the "partners". The canard about benefits to the child of a gay couple is a typical liberal head fake.

By far the most significant benefit in question is "spousal" health care insurance. (This is never mentioned.)

Looking back in history, the reason that companies have and still cover the expense of spousal health care is that most primary employees were men and women had the primary responsibility to birth and raise children. In short, society had to make it possible to continue the species.

That's the history. Of course it has no relevance to the intent of the current debate... Now it's only about emotions and political correctness.

This is why I keep harping on history. I'd not really heard of her either, but we can connect the dots back.....well as far as you care to go.

@Valin

In my opinion, the gay marriage issue has two major objectives... the "social acceptance and promotion of the gay lifestyle" and the entitlement of benefits to one of the "partners". The canard about benefits to the child of a gay couple is a typical liberal head fake.

I believe you are correct. Particularly the Acceptance point. I'm not sure acceptance is the right word, good as any I suppose, but still IMO doesn't quite nail it down. Point is most people who know gay people don't have a problem with them being who they are. Speaking from personal experience I don't. At one time I worked with this woman who was a lesbian, she helped train me making caulk, Nice smart person, I had lent her a book, she shortly after moved out of state, 3-4 months later she mailed the book back to me. For me this says a great deal about her quality..and all of it good. OTOH I've know gays who are the walking talking definition of the word asshole. As a conservative I'll leave identity politics to the Left...that's there area of expertise.

As for Marriage, I think the problem is they (the pro gay marriage crowd) don't understand that we see marriage differently, as a Sacrament, that it is not just a legal document with certain rituals involved. I also believe they have never asked the Why question. Why in recorded human history has no society/culture/civilization endorsed or sanctioned same sex marriage? I mean you look back to classical Greece particularly Sparta where having a "relationship" with an older warrior was part of a young mans training, Marriage was one Man One Woman. We look around and we see many societies/cultures/civilizations accept the fact that there are homosexuals living with them and they were ok with that...but not marriage. As far as I can tell (and I really haven't studied it all that much) it has never been sanctioned.

By far the most significant benefit in question is "spousal" health care insurance. (This is never mentioned.)

Actually at least over at CGP it is mentioned. The thing is all these legal issues can be taken care of by Civil Unions, or a visit to your local lawyer and drawing up a contract. Which legally speaking speaking is all a marriage license is.

I have pointed out a number of time the problem arises when the M word is brought into play. Call it something, anything else.

I would also add This does their movement no good. When large numbers of people hear the words Gay Pride this is what they think of.

Here Endth the Rant

...The Song of Roland?

Wiki:The Song of Roland

Modern English translation: The Song of Roland

(The Readers Digest version) The sad tale of how a bunch of Basques attack Charlemagne's baggage train, kill a lot of Franks and give birth to French literature.

My heavens, that was interesting! It's hard to tell how much was truth and how much was myth, but turmoil and war has certainly been the history of this often sad and violent world. It must pain the French that the Brits have the oldest of the 9 manuscripts. Thank you, @Valin.

@nickydog

One way to look at history is to divide it into 3 parts

1. Getting ready to fight a war

2. Fighting a war

3. Recovering from a war...and back to point 1.

Particularly the Acceptance point. I'm not sure acceptance is the right word, good as any I suppose, but still IMO doesn't quite nail it down.

@Valin

Acceptance Promotion.... is that better.

How many "Heterosexual Day" parades were held in you city recently?

Draggingtree

RedState

On Jobs, Obama is Running from Reality

Posted by Chairman Reince Priebus (Diary)

Friday, June 1st at 9:08AM EDT

1 Comment

Today’s extremely troubling jobs report is yet another sad reminder that President Obama’s policies simply are not working—and that we need a president who understands the economy.

Last night on CNN former

. This morning Steny Hoyer echoed that sentiment, underscoring the importance of the private sector in growing our economy. While Mitt Romney’s sterling record demonstrates that he knows what it takes to fix our economy, today’s jobs report shows that President Obama’s record is irreparably tarnished.

In short, President Obama has failed to live up to the promise of his candidacy. In 2009, he and his team promised an unemployment rate below 6 percent by 2012. We’re far from it.

And now, President Obama talks about the economy as though he has not been president for the last three years. Scissors-32x32.pngRead More

http://www.redstate....g-from-reality/

Draggingtree

Dems Are Switching Parties in Droves

May, 31, 2012 — nicedeb

If it were just one or two stories, I wouldn’t think much. Pols that never quite fit in in the first place, finally leave their party – it happens – jumping Jeff Jeffords, Joe Lieberman, and Arlen Specter come to mind.

But what we’re seeing here in the age of Obama – is something else altogether. He was supposed to stop the rise of the oceans but it looks like he’s stopping the rise of the Democrat party.

Am I exaggerating? Just look at all these recent defections – I think I detect a pattern, here. Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://nicedeb.wordp...ties-in-droves/

Particularly the Acceptance point. I'm not sure acceptance is the right word, good as any I suppose, but still IMO doesn't quite nail it down.

@Valin

Acceptance Promotion.... is that better.

How many "Heterosexual Day" parades were held in you city recently?

No, no it's not that. Promotion holds the connotation that they selling something, making people want it, and that's not IMO where they are heading. Its more than just acceptance they are looking for, its...its....I don't know, perfectly natural...normal...one big deal...not even worth mentioning...Oh you're marrying someone with green eyes, thats what they are looking for.

righteousmomma

Promotion is a better word than acceptance because most people I know accept homoseuals and even love some we have in families and friends. We do not accept the lifestyle of many who are promoting it in the most outrageous fashion imaginable and yet that is what we are being asked to "accept" as totally normal. We also don't accept immoral behavior and lifestyles of hetereosexuals but most are not out promoting their agenda except by their rejection of tenets and doctrines of a moral faith which all lead to promotion of humanism, secularism , intellectualism and thus freedom from absolte moral dictates (situational ethics) Thus humanity and human nature revolve and evolve in full circle. Human nature does not evolve from what I observe in the history of civilization.

Don,t know how to show on my Ipad that I edited this.