2012 Presidential Election

Valin

Draggingtree

2012 Not The Most Important Election Ever–It’s A Constitutional Referendum

Posted on | July 24, 2012 | 4 Comments and 0 Reactions

by Smitty

You can either give #OccupyResoluteDesk the heave-ho, or PYHBYLAKYAG: Put Your Head Between Your Legs And Kiss Your Arugula Goodbye.

If Obama retains any grip on power, the evidence of his disregard for the Rule of Law, Separation of Powers, and the Constitution in general points toward increasing over-reach. A suspension of elections prior to 2016 doesn’t seem far-fetched at all with this chap in office.

He’s still busy trying to explain how his entire “You didn’t build that” speech was taken out of context. But, no, snip http://theothermccain.com/2012/07/24/2012-is-not-the-most-important-election-of-our-lives-its-a-constitutional-referendum/

Draggingtree

Obama presents voters with 'The Choice'

By Steve Benen

-

Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00 AM EDT

Over the course of a modern presidential election, the major-party candidates are going to release all kinds of television ads and videos. Some, however, are more important than others.

President Obama's re-election team unveiled this new spot overnight, called "The Choice," and unlike the daily back-and-forth, attack-counterattack messaging, this one carries a greater significance. On MSNBC this morning, John Heilemann called it a "seminal ad," adding, "I think it's going to be an ad that you're going to look back on as having been an important ad in the course of the whole election."

his is a minute-long ad—double the usual length—featuring the president speaking directly to the camera for nearly the entire 60 seconds. Whenever an incumbent is seeking re-election, there's an inevitable "referendum vs. choice" tension, and this spot is intended to push the latter theme—Obama uses the word "choice" three times.

What's more, the ad manages to be criticize Mitt Romney with a deft touch, rather than a Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://maddowblog.ms...the-choice?lite

LMFAO.gif

Draggingtree

Obama: “I Didn’t Say What You Heard Me Say”

July, 24, 2012 — nicedeb

a-obama-whousex-large.jpg?w=780By Paul Sakuma, AP

When Obama denigrated business owners at a campaign event in Roanoke, Virginia, a week and a half ago, he did’t mean for it to become the firestorm of approbation it became.

He meant for it to be received like most of his watered down class warfare rhetoric is – embraced by the left, but rejected by the right. But without his teleprompter to guide him, he let the mask slip a little too far, and found himself making utterances 72% of Americans disagree with.

So now, very predictably, the President is running with the Media Matters/MSNBC talking points defending his anti-business rhetoric. He’s claiming Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/obama-i-didnt-say-what-you-heard-me-say/

Draggingtree

Ain’t buying it, Skippy.

Your “Jedi Mind Tricks” may work with the drones, but they don’t work with most Americans who still have working brain cells.
Whether or not, he was referring to roads and bridges or peoples’ own businesses (and from the transcript it definitely sounds like the latter), his entire argument is still repellent to most Americans.
What he said, one more time, “in context”:
“Look, if you’ve been successful,Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2012/07/24/obama-i-didnt-say-what-you-heard-me-say/

The Secret Strategy Behind Mormon Theocracy

Walter Russell Mead

7/24/12

We’ve already heard from Harold Bloom in the New York Times and Sally Denton in Salon about how Mormonism and its adherents have dark designs on the U.S. government. Now an overlooked report at The Hill gives hitherto unseen insight into how those crafty Mormons plan to impose themselves upon the American republic—by getting people to vote for them:

(Snip)

Those Mormons sure are clever, getting so many unsuspecting Americans to vote for them and thus giving the impression that they share the democratic values and commitment to electoral politics of this nation.

But now that we here at Via Meadia have exposed their strategy for domestic domination, surely their conspiracy will crumble.

pollyannaish

Ha! Clever how they have put forth candidates on both sides of the aisle that are highly partisan to cover their tracks.

I have to say that it might be the presses fault. Mormons are such clean livers they may be one of the few groups left that can withstand the background prying. Well, that and being ned

Obama.

Guy goes into a bar in Louisiana where there’s a robot bartender! The robot says, “What will you have?” The guy says, “Whiskey.” The robot brings back his drink and says to the man, “What’s your IQ?” The guy says,” 168.” The robot then proceeds to talk about physics, space exploration and medical technology.

The guy leaves, . . . but he is curious . . . So he goes back into the bar. The robot bartender says, “What will you have?” The guy says, “Whiskey.” Again, the robot brings the man his drink and says, “What’s your IQ?” The guy says, “100.” The robot then starts to talk about Nascar, Budweiser, the Saints and LSU Tigers

The guy leaves, but finds it very interesting, so he thinks he will try it one more time. He goes back into the bar. The robot says, “What will you have?” The guy says, “Whiskey,” and the robot brings him his whiskey. The robot then says, “What’s your IQ?” The guy says, “Uh, about 50.”

The robot leans in real close and says, “SO, . . . you people . . . still happy . . . with Obama?”