Coffee Shop

Rheo

His first comment "wouldn't that just be held in an alley".

Good thinking by the young man. Has his daddy's logic and reason.

And for this who may have missed this important event...

Wikipedia: Black Music Month takes place in June. President Jimmy Carter, who on June 7, 1979, decreed that June would be the month of black music. For the past 28 years, presidents have announced to Americans that we should celebrate Black Music Month. For each year of his term, President Barack Obama has announced the observance, under the new title.African-American Music Appreciation Month.

Truthfully I would have missed this too since I'm not on Barry's tweet list.

I had to rely on a shameless pandering email from iTunes.

SrWoodchuck

Is Mr. Assassination actually strangling this elder? Can he not wait for his own Death Panels?

Screen-shot-2012-06-06-at-11.04.08-AM.png

clearvision

At a similar event Wednesday night in Beverly Hills, nearly a month after the president embraced gay marriage, there was no heckling.

Instead, 600 supporters at the LGBT Leadership Council event rose to their feet as one, chanting, "Four more years!"

L.A.'s gay community turned out in force to celebrate the man who has been dubbed the nation's "first gay president."

-----

Dubbed?

A relative of ours in Texas recounted a conversation he heard yesterday at a local burger joint.

The talk had turned to politics and a "good ol boy" blurted out...

"Well I'd rather vote for a MORMON than a MORON..."

That pretty well nails the issue of religion in this election.

... and makes a pretty good bumper sticker!

Moron_Sticker2.png

I am not sure where to put this so I turn to you to help.

Do I put it in the You Can't Make It Up Fast Fnough File? For obvious reasons...Or does it go in the You Never Know What You're Gonna Find File, because I stumbled across it.

http://youtu.be/tDem22OM6Ws

I would also add that I can't tell you how...well inspired I am after watching this.

Do I put it in the You Can't Make It Up Fast Fnough File? For obvious reasons...Or does it go in the You Never Know What You're Gonna Find File, because I stumbled across it.

I would also add that I can't tell you how...well inspired I am after watching this.

But, @Valin. They are so cute. And they know how cute they are. And they are doing good things. Supporting cleaning the underpass and finding interesting designs under the filth. What a nice thing to do! I am so happy now.

But, @Valin. They are so cute. And they know how cute they are. And they are doing good things. Supporting cleaning the underpass and finding interesting designs under the filth. What a nice thing to do! I am so happy now.

Oh I am sooooo happy for you.

"Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it"

Animal House (May be the greatest film of the XXth century)

• Like 1

Presented to you by residents of the Kingdom of "I".

Look at me!

I can save the world

righteousmomma

Well, we all have "watched" the video so now we are green job workers. Where's our stash?!

The sum total of Obama's new Green Job creation...

leaf-blowers-from-marsP1120.jpg

What about noise pollution?! I hate the noise of leaf blowers.

It is going to be very interesting to see where this matter goes. Congress is getting involved in the classified leaks that have been happening for the last few weeks. Everyone probably suspects they are coming at the direction of the WH, but who really knows? I hope we see follow-up reports on their investigation.

Here is a clip of the presser from CSPAN:

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Congressional-Intelligence-Leaders-Discuss-Classified-Leaks/10737431360/

The FBI is also investigating. Obama will have been voted out before any conclusions but if he should win, I think there will be a smell of impeachment in the air.

SrWoodchuck

Did B-HO make a double entendre? Or was this a little "knowing" humor for his LGBT audience?

H/T:iOTW

It's silly question time.

Todays question is brought to you by CGP's very own courseofhistory

Originally Posted by Valin

If recorded history is any judge...I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope.

courseofhistory

Do you think in general people and most governments get along better than they did over time/history? I do. We still have a long way to go but I think it's possible to reach a point where conflict doesn't have to be confrontational or violent in many areas of our lives. So, if we just bow to our more primitive instincts, we can't hope to better our lot?

Dershowitz: Zimmerman Prosecutor Threatening to Sue Harvard for My Criticism

Alan Dershowitz

6/5/12

Alan M. Dershowitz’s Perspective: State Attorney Angela Corey, the prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case, recently called the Dean of Harvard Law School to complain about my criticism of some of her actions.

She was transferred to the Office of Communications and proceeded to engage in a 40-minute rant, during which she threatened to sue Harvard Law School, to try to get me disciplined by the Bar Association and to file charges against me for libel and slander.

(Snip)

Her beef was that I criticized her for filing a misleading affidavit that willfully omitted all information about the injuries Zimmerman had sustained during the “struggle” it described. She denied that she had any obligation to include in the affidavit truthful material that was favorable to the defense.

(Snip)

H/T Legal Insurrection

SrWoodchuck

Thank you Sweet @Geee, for all that you did [and do].....and thanks Wisconsin, for leading the nation towards the end of an Error.

• Like 1

Did B-HO make a double entendre? Or was this a little "knowing" humor for his LGBT audience?

H/T:iOTW

Deliberate.