Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Thanks for the portrait video. I was away from home and missed the ceremony. Ego and humility on full display. Good portraits though I do not recall the First Lady one in the past.

OMG!!! Catholics! Right out there in front of God and everyone!!!

This will not go over well with the perpetually offended.

This could be of use here (5/23/12) Discussion Thread: Religion and Spirituality

Amazing how many bad reasons people come up with for not believing.

Still one does what one can.

Thanks for the portrait video. I was away from home and missed the ceremony. Ego and humility on full display. Good portraits though I do not recall the First Lady one in the past.

I, too, was away from home when this was on so add my thanks, @Valin, for posting the video. Many have said how they miss Pres. Bush but I have to say I miss Laura even more. What a perfect example of grace and charm.

righteousmomma

chickadee, Thanks for the portrait blow ups. Love W.'s. Really captures him.

Laura is prettier than hers but its ok. LOVE the dress

Amazing that we were in the same class at SMU. Wish I have had her "work". She looked very rested yesterday.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

Bret Baier@BretBaier

Happy Birthday to our friend Tony Snow.. he would have been 57 today. We miss him!

Oh boy do we ever. He would have been an eloquent voice for us. Thoughts are with his family today.

CHINESE PROVERB ORIGINAL: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

2012 UPDATED VERSION: Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, cash for clunker autos, food stamps, section 8 housing, free contraceptives, Medicaid, a hundred weeks+ of unemployment checks, access to drugs, and designer Air Jordan shoes, and he will vote Democrat for a lifetime.

• Like 1

Sixties Envy

By Robert Costa

June 2, 2012

Madison, Wis. — George F. Will once observed that the Occupy movement suffers from Sixties envy. “Imitation is the sincerest form of progressivism because nostalgia motivates progressives, not conservatives,” he wrote last year. “Tea Party Envy is leavened by Woodstock Envy — note the drum circles at the Manhattan site — which is a facet of Sixties Envy.”

As I watched the “Recall Ball” on Friday night at the Labor Temple, I was struck by how many of the younger performers and audience members openly expressed their Sixties envy — how they take their cues from Boomer leftists.

(Snip)

CHINESE PROVERB ORIGINAL: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

2012 UPDATED VERSION: Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, cash for clunker autos, food stamps, section 8 housing, free contraceptives, Medicaid, a hundred weeks+ of unemployment checks, access to drugs, and designer Air Jordan shoes, and he will vote Democrat for a lifetime.

You don't suppose that was the plan all along?

SrWoodchuck

Sixties Envy

By Robert Costa

June 2, 2012

Madison, Wis. — George F. Will once observed that the Occupy movement suffers from Sixties envy. “Imitation is the sincerest form of progressivism because nostalgia motivates progressives, not conservatives,” he wrote last year. “Tea Party Envy is leavened by Woodstock Envy — note the drum circles at the Manhattan site — which is a facet of Sixties Envy.”

As I watched the “Recall Ball” on Friday night at the Labor Temple, I was struck by how many of the younger performers and audience members openly expressed their Sixties envy — how they take their cues from Boomer leftists.

(Snip)

@Valin! Thanks for the post.

Two things:

I think conservatives may be nostalgic for the 50"s....a simpler time of relative peace & hope.

The new progressive "60's envy" seems to be guided by the worst of the radicals of that time....and is not the altruistic "Peace & Love" that signified that time. It's more akin to the American Progressive Jihad....and the theme is the same as the Islamic....."Share"-ia Law, "Tax"-iyya, domination & conquest

saveliberty

Scott Walker spikes to 97% the day after Bill Clinton campaigns against him.

Ouch.

It's a good thing that I am not the kind of person that would laugh evilly to myself at the Democrats shooting themselves in the foot...again. evil1.gif

I don't think that that is what this was about, @Valin! I think that Clinton is savvy enough to know that the odds are slim. What this is about is to rebuild alliances with Big Labor as the President keeps far, far away.

"I don't think that that is what this was about, Valin! I think that Clinton is savvy enough to know that the odds are slim. What this is about is to rebuild alliances with Big Labor as the President keeps far, far away."j

Now I wonder why he would want to do that? He wouldn't have someone else's race in mind would he?

Scott Walker spikes to 97% the day after Bill Clinton campaigns against him.

Ouch.

It's a good thing that I am not the kind of person that would laugh evilly to myself at the Democrats shooting themselves in the foot...again. evil1.gif

I don't think that that is what this was about, @Valin! I think that Clinton is savvy enough to know that the odds are slim. What this is about is to rebuild alliances with Big Labor as the President keeps far, far away.

If the Democrats want to continue court Big Unions...Good Luck. The days of the powerful public unions are drawing to a close. We are at the end (and not just here, but world wide) of the Blue Social Model We've been operating under it for 100 years, and now its over. What will replace it, I can't say, and neither can anyone else, but the party is over. This is just a part of the major changes going on in the world...think the end of the medieval world and the rise of the modern world. That's the kind of changes we are looking at.

saveliberty

@Valin, have you read this piece by Stephen Hayes?

Cheese it!

Obama avoids Wisconsin.

4:57 PM, Jun 2, 2012 • By STEPHEN F. HAYES

Scissors-32x32.png

Barack Obama seems determined to avoid Wisconsin.

3684018286_ed00702511.jpg

On Friday, he visited Minneapolis, Minnesota, for a midday speech and three fundraisers. He departed late afternoon for Chicago and three more fundraisers that evening. The president stayed overnight in his hometown and spent Saturday morning at his old home before flying back to Washington, D.C., for a brief stop before heading to Camp David for some downtime.

So just four days before the recall elections in Wisconsin that the state’s Democrats have worked 16 months to win, with potential implications for November 2012, the leader of their party did six fundraisers for himself in surrounding states but couldn’t find time for even a quick stop? Think about it: As Wisconsin Democrats were busy getting voters to cast early ballots Friday and organizing for Tuesday, Air Force One flew overhead twice–from Washington to Minnesota and Minnesota to Chicago.

I’m no political strategist, but I don’t get it.

He doesn't want to be associated with a landslide loss in Wisconsin. And maybe there are no big donors there?

SrWoodchuck

@Valin, have you read this piece by Stephen Hayes?

Cheese it!

Obama avoids Wisconsin.

4:57 PM, Jun 2, 2012 • By STEPHEN F. HAYES

Scissors-32x32.png

Barack Obama seems determined to avoid Wisconsin.

3684018286_ed00702511.jpg

On Friday, he visited Minneapolis, Minnesota, for a midday speech and three fundraisers. He departed late afternoon for Chicago and three more fundraisers that evening. The president stayed overnight in his hometown and spent Saturday morning at his old home before flying back to Washington, D.C., for a brief stop before heading to Camp David for some downtime.

So just four days before the recall elections in Wisconsin that the state’s Democrats have worked 16 months to win, with potential implications for November 2012, the leader of their party did six fundraisers for himself in surrounding states but couldn’t find time for even a quick stop? Think about it: As Wisconsin Democrats were busy getting voters to cast early ballots Friday and organizing for Tuesday, Air Force One flew overhead twice–from Washington to Minnesota and Minnesota to Chicago.

I’m no political strategist, but I don’t get it.

The stench of epic fail......he's delicate that way.....like he wants to avoid all aspects of a defeat.....they'll have to increase his meds shortly or send the real pResident V- Jay to campaign in those close states.