Coffee Shop

Rheo

"The freedom of thought and action we Americans enjoy today seems as natural as the air we breathe. But there is a danger we may take this freedom for granted. We must never forget it was bought for us at a great price. The brave and resourceful Americans whose sacrifices gained our Independence and preserved it for more than 200 years against formidable foes have set an example of unflinching loyalty to the ideal of liberty and justice for all." - Ronald Reagan

• Like 3

@saveliberty

Damn , I wish Charles Krauthammer was on the political left . We need more people like him , and less panty wastes .

ComradeAgopian 11 hours ago

I would pay cash money to watch Charles Krauthammer & Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher, Tingles...whoever, debate.

saveliberty

Elizabeth Warren: I was the first nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey, you know

posted at 4:41 pm on May 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

Scissors-32x32.png

Via Legal Insurrection. As you might expect, New Jersey bar administrators have no idea what she’s talking about. Maybe she meant to say she’s the first fake Native American nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey?

Because that might well be true.

“I was the first nursing mother to take a bar exam in the state of New Jersey,” Warren told an audience at the Chicago Humanities Festival in 2011, in a video posted on the CHF website. When asked how Warren knows that, her campaign said: “Elizabeth was making a point about the very serious challenges she faced as a working mom — from taking an all-day bar exam when she was still breast-feeding, to finding work as a lawyer that would accommodate a mom with two small children.”

Winnie Comfort of the New Jersey Judiciary, which administers that state’s bar exam, said there’s no way to verify Warren’s claim. Comfort said women have been taking the New Jersey bar exam since 1895, but she’s not aware their nursing habits were ever tracked.

:lmfao:

• Like 1

Jay Cost Talks Spoiled Rotten

Spoiled Rotten: How the Politics of Patronage Corrupted the Once Noble Democratic Party and now Threatens the American Republic

The Democratic Party has long presented itself as the party of the poor, the working class, the little guy. As Jay Cost's sweeping revisionist history reveals, nothing could be further from the truth.

Why have the Democrats gone from being the people's party of reform to the party of special-interest carve-outs? In Spoiled Rotten, political analyst Jay Cost tells the story of the modern Democratic party from the end of the Civil War to the present, tracing the sad decline of a once noble political coalition that is no longer capable of living up to its lofty ideals.

When Andrew Jackson formed the Democratic party in 1828, he promised to stand up for the little guy against the rule of privileged elites. What has become of this promise? According to Cost, recent history has shown the Democrats to be anything but the party of and for the people. Instead, they have become a collection of special-interest groups feeding off the federal government, exchanging votes for subsidies and benefits.

With the creation of a partisan spoils system in the nineteenth century, both parties practiced the politics of patronage. But, starting with the New Deal, Franklin Delano Roosevelt used the power of big government to transform whole classes of society into clients of the Democratic party. Urban machines, southern segregationists, and organized labor all benefited from this approach. FDR's successors—Truman, Kennedy, Johnson, and Carter—followed suit, turning African Americans, environmentalists, feminists, government workers, teachers, and a number of other groups into loyal Democratic factions. As a result, the Democratic party has become a kind of national Tammany Hall whose real purpose is to colonize the federal government on behalf of its clients.

No longer able to govern for the vast majority of the country, the Democratic party simply taxes Middle America to pay off its clients while hiding its true nature behind a smoke screen of idealistic rhetoric. Thus, the Obama health care, stimulus, and auto bailout health care bill were created not to help all Americans but to secure contributions and votes. Average Americans need to see that whatever the Democratic party claims it is doing for the country, it is in fact governing simply for its base.

Elizabeth Warren: I was the first nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey, you know

Scissors-32x32.png

Via Legal Insurrection. As you might expect, New Jersey bar administrators have no idea what she’s talking about. Maybe she meant to say she’s the first fake Native American nursing mother to take the bar exam in New Jersey?

“I was the first nursing mother to take a bar exam in the state of New Jersey,” Warren told an audience at the Chicago Humanities Festival in 2011, in a video posted on the CHF website. When asked how Warren knows that, her campaign said: “Elizabeth was making a point about the very serious challenges she faced as a working mom — from taking an all-day bar exam when she was still breast-feeding, to finding work as a lawyer that would accommodate a mom with two small children.”

Winnie Comfort of the New Jersey Judiciary, which administers that state’s bar exam, said there’s no way to verify Warren’s claim. Comfort said women have been taking the New Jersey bar exam since 1895, but she’s not aware their nursing habits were ever tracked.

LMFAO.gif

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

• Like 1

Scissors-32x32.png

LMFAO.gif

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

CrazyGuy.jpg

Got pictures?

• Like 1

Another example of rampant racism in America.

The mother of Rudy Eugene, who was shot and killed by a police officer as he chewed the face off a homeless man in Miami, says her son was "a nice kid" who could have been subdued with a Taser rather than gunfire.

"He was a good kid. He gave me a nice card on Mother’s Day. Everyone says he was a zombie. He was no zombie.

I'm waiting for Obama to say, "If I had a son, he'd look like Rudy".

(Once you've tasted dog... who know what's next?)