Coffee Shop

Rheo

saveliberty

Video: Get off of Jonah Goldberg’s lawn, you darned kids

posted at 5:46 pm on May 12, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Scissors-32x32.png

I love a curmudgeonly rant, and so this interview of National Review’s Jonah Goldberg is right up my alley. This excerpt of a longer interview with the Daily Caller’s Ginni Thomas focuses on Jonah’s issues with the “youth culture,” the obsession with the worldview of the least experienced of our citizenry.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/12/jonah-goldberg-young-people-are-so-frickin-stupid-video/#ooid=54bHhuNDrdPIqn9GwkhEDjoPplQ_7xya

WestVirginiaRebel

Is This Something? Obama Stump Speech in Reno Draws Dozens

obama%20garage%20tour%202012.jpg

From the original article:

In what could be a disastrous photo opportunity for the President's campaign, Mr Obama spoke to a handful of people in the crucial swing state. The president's 15 minute address outside the home of Paul and Val Keller on Friday afternoon, drew a small audience of neighbours and supporters - though even his hosts said they were not sure if they would vote for him in the coming election.

saveliberty

Jealous Michelle vs. Oprah

How two of America’s most powerful women grew to despise each other

By EDWARD KLEIN

Last Updated: 5:47 AM, May 13, 2012

Posted: 11:13 PM, May 12, 2012

Scissors-32x32.png

In his new book, “The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House,” journalist Edward Klein reveals how even former friends and political allies of the president have become frustrated with his remoteness and bungling of crises. Klein, former editor of The New York Times Magazine and frequent contributor to Vanity Fair, interviewed numerous members of Obama’s inner circle. In this excerpt, he explains how even celebrity backer Oprah Winfrey was shoved aside.

Shortly after the 2008 presidential election, Oprah Winfrey traveled to Washington, DC, to nail down an interview for O, The Oprah Magazine with Michelle Obama. Oprah expected the president-elect and his wife to give her a reception fit for visiting royalty, and for the occasion, she took along Gayle King, the magazine’s editor-at-large and her constant companion.

13.1N006.oprah1.c--300x300.jpg

NO LOVE LOST: According to “The Amateur,” a new book by Edward Klein, Michelle Obama was unhappy that the president had begun treating Oprah like one of his most trusted advisers.

13.1N006.oprah2.C--300x450.jpg

More than a year and a half had passed since Oprah announced that she was throwing her support behind Barack Obama in his primary race against Hillary Clinton. The endorsement had represented a calculated risk for the queen of daytime television. It was one thing for her to recommend a book or launch the career of Dr. Phil, but it was quite another for her to back a political candidate.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/jealous_michelle_vs_oprah_wDXXjFfq75tZRro1jy1AtK#ixzz1uk9FNC00

Read the whole thing.

The Hinderaker-Ward Experience, Episode 25: Patriots and Bullies

A special Saturday edition of the Hinderaker-Ward Experience (HWX) podcast is up and ready for your listening pleasure. As always, it’s fresh and free to all.

It’s a spirited 60 minutes of podcast excellence with John Hinderaker of Power Line and Brian Ward of Fraters Libertas. They’re joined this week by Dan Blatt of the website Gay Patriot. From the perspective of a gay conservative, Dan shares his unique insights on the big issues of the week, President Obama’s endorsement of gay marriage and Washington Post tales of Mitt Romney’s alleged bullying while in prep school.

(Click on Link and scroll for audio)

Oslo Journal, Part I

Jay Nordlinger

5/14/12

(Snip)

One participant in this press conference is Asma Jahangir, a Pakistani lawyer. A friend tells me she is a great lady. I believe him. On this occasion, she accuses the United States of undermining human rights in the world. She says that the U.S. has “sanctified” human-rights violations.

I remember a conversation I had with a high official of the U.S. government — a man of rectitude, of excellent moral sense. We were talking about the waterboarding of those terrorists — the three of them. Mass murderers, who belonged to a network that was threatening yet more mass murder, and more mass murder.

I said, “I must confess, I don’t lose any sleep over that waterboarding.” He said, “Me neither.”

When the U.S. “tortures” mass murderers, they go back to their three delicious meals a day. Their top-quality medical care. Their blue-chip lawyers. Their due process. When other governments torture innocent people — well, they tend to die or be maimed for life.

Funny old world.

(Snip)

Just got this in the mail from Mitt...

He's taking a "flyover country" response to Obama's coming out last week.

RM commented that he kinda looks like Billy Graham in the pic.

scan019.jpg

SrWoodchuck

An interesting [April 2012] video of, Massad Ayoob, speaking at the Cato Institute on the "Stand Your Ground" law. Being a pistol shooter, I have followed Mr. Ayoob for many years. He has been a Law Enforcement Officer for many years & is considered an expert witness in court trials, as well as a handgun expert marksman & tactical trainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsQeTKnD_f0&feature=player_embedded

An interesting [April 2012] video of, Massad Ayoob, speaking at the Cato Institute on the "Stand Your Ground" law. Being a pistol shooter, I have followed Mr. Ayoob for many years. He has been a Law Enforcement Officer for many years & is considered an expert witness in court trials, as well as a handgun expert marksman & tactical trainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsQeTKnD_f0&feature=player_embedded

Thanks. the complete forum

"Stand Your Ground" Laws: Self-Defense or License to Kill?

POLICY FORUM

Monday, April 23, 2012

4:00 PM

Featuring Clayton E. Cramer, Historian, Co-author, Cato study, Tough Targets: When Criminals Face Armed Resistance from Citizens; Massad Ayoob, Firearms Trainer, author of In the Gravest Extreme; Steven Jansen, Vice President, Association of Prosecuting Attorneys; moderated by Tim Lynch, Director, Project on Criminal Justice, Cato Institute.

The findings of an internal UNC probe released this month found 54 classes within the department in which there was little or no indication of instruction. The review also found at least 10 cases of unauthorized grade changes involving students who did not complete their work.

Phi Beta Cons

The true face of the Black Studies programs has shown itself here in NC at the prestigious University of NC at Chapel Hill. The chairman of the studies program has been forced to resign only after it was found that a tremendous number of classes were never held, grades were changed, fraud was rampant and black athletes who never went to class got great grades. These athletes made up 40% of the enrollment and the disgraced chairman Julius Nyang’oro made $200k per year at this state university. I'm sure that he has other nice perks and a very generous state benefits and retirement plan.

One of the star athletes was found to have been given grades for not attending his Swahili class. What's he going to do with the rest of his life after football without being fluent in Swahili.

No wonder college degrees don't guarantee a job, college athletics are a criminal enterprise, the cost of going to college is skyrocketing, we need government subsidized student loans, political correctness is out of hand, liberal educators support politicians who support liberal educations... and the state of the black community is in a mess.

I can't wait for Jesse or Al to swoop in down here to declare racism as the State Bureau of Investigation delves into the financial fraud issues. Expect an Eric Holder investigation of the Investigators to follow.

Meanwhile departing disgraced DEM Gov. Bev Perdue is wanting to raise the state sales tax to support eduction here.

• Like 1