With Voter ID out the window, don’t be overwrought by the onslaught of fraud

Rheo

with-voter-id-out-the-window-don-t-be-overwrought-by-the-onslaught-of-fraudExaminer.com:

I’ve been noticing every time I access my bank accounts online, or my water bill, and particularly by cell phone bill, I am compelled to jump through more hoops than Alex the cat, ‘for my own good’ they insist. Yet at the same time banks beef up their security, force you to create cheat sheets to remember half a dozen passwords just to access your account in an effort to protect your privacy, our elected officials clear the way for your vote to be stolen. Way to go!

Yesterday, Colorado Senate Democrats nixed a proposal to ask voters whether people should provide photo identification at the polls. It’s disappointing that Colorado law makers decided not to protect voters from voter fraud, essentially stripping the democratic system of its strength. It is unbecoming of a state that considers itself liberal and tolerant. So now, Colorado is tolerant of people casting votes, one of our most precious rights, without any burden of proof that they are who they say they are?

That Colorado, a state every political observer, commentator or hack will openly admit, is a ‘battleground’ state this coming election, would reject voter ID or any other effort aimed at maintaining the integrity of the vote, is shameful. Clean elections are the foundation of a democratic society, those who corrupt them are the actual vote suppressors. I fully expected the unions and the democrats to do their utmost to keep our voting systems lax in order to swing Colorado right into the Obama camp.

One of the most dishonest arguments offered by those who wish to keep elections loosey goosey is that there is no evidence of voter fraud, or that those who support voter ID are addressing a problem that doesn’t exist. Let’s first address this outright fallacy. The following ten examples rain on the parade of those who insist there is no voter fraud in the United States.

Scissors-32x32.png

--

Good article.

Colorado has changed a lot in the last couple decades. Mostly from an influx of Californians. I don't see it reversing the course it's on any time in the near future either.