Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c4WqXxwsDo

e5.gif

AMAZING!!!

Did you know GOLF spelled backwards is FLOG?

@Valin! Couldn't access the youtube, as it has been removed!?!?

I used to caddy for my daddy, when I was a tadpole.....until I found out that he & his foursome, were reading an insiduous book called Dr. Golf. Among the things it advocated were caddy stocks, to be put next to the ball washers....so that caddies could be flogged if you suffered a bad round. It said that if you "duffed" the ball, and could genuflect & utter "Baltesrol" before anyone noticed....you didn't have to count the stroke. To keep your head down & improve your drive.....you attached headgear that ended in treble hooks that you attached to your.......nether regions......

9781570030291.jpg

About ten years ago.....I found an original copy & mailed it to him as a present.......feeling safe, since I'm 1,200 miles away. He got a few chuckles from it, and I noticed that it is selling for $85.00 to $126.00 around the internet. There is no end to golfers perversion's & worship.

pollyannaish

Used to caddy for my husband years ago since I found it a lot less frustrating than golf. And cheaper. Got my first speeding ticket headed to take a quiz for a golf class in college. Probably didn't help that I was also putting on make up and studying while I was speeding. Have always thought that was a great metaphor for why I don't golf well. Ha!

Hubby and son both like to golf and at one time were pretty good. But we got priced out of the market and then when all the clubs burned in our garage fire...well our golfing days are probably over.

Ce la vie. We'll have to start learning to play Bridge I guess. :lol:

SrWoodchuck

Used to caddy for my husband years ago since I found it a lot less frustrating than golf. And cheaper. Got my first speeding ticket headed to take a quiz for a golf class in college. Probably didn't help that I was also putting on make up and studying while I was speeding. Have always thought that was a great metaphor for why I don't golf well. Ha!

Hubby and son both like to golf and at one time were pretty good. But we got priced out of the market and then when all the clubs burned in our garage fire...well our golfing days are probably over.

Ce la vie. We'll have to start learning to play Bridge I guess. laugh.png

My best shot came when I was 12 or 13 & involved in "Junior Golf" in Oklahoma City. They had this program for youth, under 16.....where you could play nine holes on any of 7 municipal courses....for 50 cents! OKC had some world class golf courses then. The drawback was....you had to take the early tee times....4:30 to 7:00AM. I hit a 45 yard chip shot from the rough side of a sand bunker. The ball hit the pin & dropped into the hole. I considered it the absolute zenith of my golfing capabilities....and quit soon after. I played again as a senior in high school.....completing a threesome that included my girl friends father [a dentist] and his retired 90 year old partner. I had the high round @ 108, my girls dad had an 88 & the old gent....shot his age.....confirming that my decision six years earlier was the right one.

pollyannaish

@SrWoodchuck...nice! Wish my zenith had been that spectacular. I think the speeding ticket may of been mine, honestly. I got an A in the class, but am too easily distracted when there is no actual accountability. I blame it on loud golf pants.

Playing with your girlfriend's Dentist father....well, that just scores you extra credit for being a brave and good guy. I would have been scared to death to play with @Chickadee...heck, I'd still be scared to play with her. She'd kick my behind! Last week she called herself a rabble rouser and she's not kidding. I want to be like her when I grow up. biggrin.png

Sadly, my best shot ever was absolute luck and a joke. It was in our very informal after work league. From the woods with my pitching wedge, I did a "Happy Gilmore" running approach to the ball screaming. Nailed it from about 40 yards with an unintentional slice around a holly tree and hit the pin, which I couldn't even see. I was already at par, so it was not a game maker. It was pretty good laugh, though! I whacked the ball and just heard my buddy shout "Are you sh*ing me???."

pollyannaish

Sadly, my best shot ever was absolute luck and a joke. It was in our very informal after work league. From the woods with my pitching wedge, I did a "Happy Gilmore" running approach to the ball screaming. Nailed it from about 40 yards with an unintentional slice around a holly tree and hit the pin, which I couldn't even see. I was already at par, so it was not a game maker. It was pretty good laugh, though! I whacked the ball and just heard my buddy shout "Are you sh*ing me???."

Ok. That's awesome! :lol:

I like those kinds of golf stories best. I saw a guy one time hit a row seven of trees one at a time, each time sending his ball back behind the previous tree until he was back to the ladies tee box. At that point he threw down his club let out a string of blue language and headed for the clubhouse. It was hysterical.

And my favorite family golf story is that of my husband and BIL golfing with a friend of theirs in college. He was a short, muscular guy who could drive it incredibly far with terrific accuracy. He was showing off one day and said, hey, watch this. He absolutely nailed it and suddenly there was a weird sound and a couple of thuds. He'd nailed two birds with one shot. Claimed it was on purpose, but it wasn't. But it still makes us laugh.

saveliberty

wink.png "News" I can use:

Big Government

Ernest Istook

Our Dangerous Dependence on Foreign Chocolate

Lindt-Chocolate-Factory.jpg

Email ArticleSend a Tip

by 8 post a comment

Scissors-32x32.pngAmerica is addicted to chocolate. Foreign chocolate.

A majority of us consume chocolate each day. Although the U.S. produces only 6% of the world’s cocoa, we consume more than 20%.

The threat is obvious. It’s time for government to step in and promote alternatives.

Any day, President Obama will be barnstorming the country to tell us, “If we really want chocolate security and chocolate independence, we've got to start looking at how we use less cocoa and use sources that we can renew and that we can control, so we are not subject to the whims of what's happening in other countries.”

LMFAO.gif

• Like 1

wink.png "News" I can use:

Big Government

Ernest Istook

Our Dangerous Dependence on Foreign Chocolate

Lindt-Chocolate-Factory.jpg

Email ArticleSend a Tip

by 8 post a comment

Scissors-32x32.pngAmerica is addicted to chocolate. Foreign chocolate.

A majority of us consume chocolate each day. Although the U.S. produces only 6% of the world’s cocoa, we consume more than 20%.

The threat is obvious. It’s time for government to step in and promote alternatives.

Any day, President Obama will be barnstorming the country to tell us, “If we really want chocolate security and chocolate independence, we've got to start looking at how we use less cocoa and use sources that we can renew and that we can control, so we are not subject to the whims of what's happening in other countries.”

LMFAO.gif

• Like 2

Thank you, @Valin! I loved that song!

Ditto Ditto Dittowink.png

With apologies to Ben Franklin...Chocolate is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

saveliberty

Chris Christie: This nation is turning into “people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check”

posted at 5:03 pm on April 10, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Scissors-32x32.pngNew Jersey Gov. Chris Christie followed George W. Bush on the stage at the Bush Institute Conference on Taxes and Economic Growth in New York today. Bush introduced Christie with apt words, complimenting the governor’s “enormous personality” and “belief in the individual.” Bush’s comments were more than justified by the content of Christie’s speech. With typical relentless, attention-getting honesty, Christie forecast a dire future for the country if we succumb to the left’s vision:

Christie said he hasn’t seen a less optimistic period in the country in his lifetime.

“Government’s telling them stop dreaming, stop striving, we’ll take care of you,” he said at a theater at the New York Historical Society. “We’re turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally.”

“We’ll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check,” Christie said.

saveliberty

Quiz results

Correct

Wrong

You answered 31 of 32 questions correctly for a total score of 97%.

I missed the question on the First Great Awakening.