Coffee Shop

Rheo

A new service from Michelle Malkin and team

Twitchy

Twitchy is a ground-breaking Twitter curation site powered by a kinetic staff of social media junkies. We mine Twitter to bring you “who said what” in U.S. politics, global news, sports, entertainment, media, and breaking news 24/7. If it’s news, we’re on it. If it should be news, we’re ahead of it. Get Twitchy and stay connected to our twire — the news wire of the 21st century.

WestVirginiaRebel

Roc-A-Fella Republican

REP. ALAN B. WILLIAMS: I think one of the reasons why were supporting the amendment is because we got such a warm and fuzzy farewell from you to set the mood to support this amendment. To go even further, you think about a wise businessman. He even said he knows his rights. And Jay-Z…I think Jay-Z said it best and I’m going to quote for you. “I know my rights and you’re going to need a warrant for that.” And he even went further, “Aren’t you sharp as a tack, are you a lawyer or something?” Members, when you look at it, support this. If you support Jay-Z, support this amendment. Thank you.

SPEAKER DEAN CANNON: I must respectfully disagree with a correction, Rep. Williams. In the song, it was the officer who said, “Aren’t you sharp as a tack?” or something. “You should try for lawyer or something,” so I got you on that. It’s an unspoken rule, if you’re going to invoke Jay-Z, you must get the lyrics correct. I’m not sure Jay-Z would support this amendment.

Both representatives misquote the lyrics. It is the cop that asks the question, as Cannon says, but Williams has the actual line correct:

(COP) Do you mind if I look round the car a little bit?

(JAY-Z) Well, my glove compartment is locked, so is the trunk in the back,

And I know my rights so you gonna need a warrant for that.

(COP) Aren’t you sharp as a tack? You some type of lawyer or something,

Somebody important or something?

Well, I'm glad they got that straightened out...

righteousmomma

I was not sure whether to post this Newsbuster posting here or Special Interests but since I like my coffee in the a.m. :

The Da Vinci Speech Code? WaPo’s “On Faith” Invokes Mary Magdalene to Blast Rush

Keep in mind this is the supposed "Christian" writer on Faith for WAPO

So typical in today's post Christian thoroughly humanistic society. and so thoroughly tragic.

Well, edited to say, "tragic" is too weak a word.

SrWoodchuck

I was not sure whether to post this Newsbuster posting here or Special Interests but since I like my coffee in the a.m. :

The Da Vinci Speech Code? WaPo’s “On Faith” Invokes Mary Magdalene to Blast Rush

Keep in mind this is the supposed "Christian" writer on Faith for WAPO

So typical in today's post Christian thoroughly humanistic society. and so thoroughly tragic.

Well, edited to say, "tragic" is too weak a word.

@righteousmomma

....Rev. Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite, a minister in the United Church of Christ and a senior fellow at the George Soros-funded Center for American Progress,

I agree......"tragic" is not enough.....

By assuming her posture, and using her "theology"......she is recreating Jesus in her own image [instead of the other way around]. Jesus shamed Mary's 'stoners' by drawing their own sins in front of them in the dirt....before asking them to throw the 1st stone [if they were without sin.]

Insidious, is the word I think of, when considering that Soros billions.....like the devil himself.....are financing this baloney.

SrWoodchuck

White House Asks Palestinians To Sit Tight On Statehood Until Obama Is Reelected…

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/03/09/white-house-asks-palestinians-to-sit-tight-on-statehood-until-obama-is-reelected/

The Obama administration has told Palestinian leaders to expect little help with their statehood bid during the U.S. presidential campaign, the Palestinian foreign minister said Friday.

However, the Americans also held out the promise of vigorous U.S. mediation in the Mideast conflict if President Barack Obama is re-elected, Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad Malki said in an interview.

Is there ANY reason to believe that the US & Israel will not be doomed, by a 2nd Oblunder term?

SrWoodchuck

A "Juicy" Ulsterman on the Bibi-Obummer meeting:

WALL STREET INSIDER: My God…My God…What Has Become Of America?

http://theulstermanr...ome-of-america/

Scissors-32x32.png

UM: So the meeting did not go well?

WSI: Obama revealed himself to us…in full. While it was suspected…certainly we feared the possibility…but to have it so openly confirmed was…it was very unsettling to people who, shall we say…don’t unsettle easily.

UM: Please explain. Something. Explain something on that.

WSI: I will simply say this – and someday this information will get out…I likely will be long dead when it does…but the truth will be spoken of this someday.

In 2008 the American people voted for a man who has absolutely no regard for human life if that life is an impediment to the agenda. The meeting between himself and the prime minister confirmed that fact. The Israelis are now staring into the face of evil – a selfishness and disregard that is stunning in its scope and singular purpose. A delay was requested that has no basis in saving lives – but rather one that puts so many lives at risk! A delay that is pure political calculation – a calculation whose sole purpose is for but one political candidate – while all others are to be sacrificed if need be! This goes beyond the disrespect and immaturity put on display when they met last…that…you told of that. I fed that information to -name deleted- and you then told of that.

But THIS…what…what Barack Obama asks of Israel now…what is threatened if Israel does not comply…for nothing more than politics? It is…it is Chamberlain all over again. And just as Chamberlain strutted and preened to the world…this Obama does much the same. To not act against evil makes one complicit with that evil…that…he ignores history…or worse yet – he hopes to repeat it!

Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Two arrested in Fort Bend County Girl Scout cookie caper

Justin Rogers-Zenon, 18, is charged with aggravated robbery from a Girl Scout cookie stand. (Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office)

In a case that has garnered national attention, two teenagers have been arrested for allegedly robbing a group of Girl Scouts and injuring one girl in the process earlier this month, Ford Bend County officials said.

Justin Rogers-Zenon, 18, was brought to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office by a relative about 9:15 p.m. Thursday and was released Friday on $10,000 bond, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.

A 16-year-old juvenile was arrested about 6 p.m. Thursday at his home on a warrant, the release said. He is being held at the Fort Bend County Juvenile Detention Center.

The two, who live in the Lakemont subdivision, are charged with aggravated robbery. Between $50 and $100 was taken, officials said.

According to investigators, a young man now identified as Rogers-Zenon approached a Girl Scout cookie stand outside a Fort Bend County Wal-Mart at Grand Parkway and Bellaire Boulevard just before 2 p.m. Saturday.Scissors-32x32.png

Two arrested in Fort Bend County Girl Scout cookie caper

Imagine this....

Scene Ford Bend County jail

What are you in here for?

Armed robbery, aggravated assault . I knocked over ten liquor stores and pistol whipped the clerks

What were you busted for?

Attempted murder, I tried to kill my wife.

What are you two guys in for?

We tried to rob some girl scouts.

• Like 1

WestVirginiaRebel

Buffett’s NetJets Countersued by U.S. for Unpaid Taxes

Claiming the federal Internal Revenue Service wrongfully assessed a so-called ticket tax -- an excise tax on payments made in exchange for air transportation -- to private aircraft owners maintaining their own planes, the Columbus, Ohio-based company demanded refunds and abatements.

The federal government, in a revised answer and countersuit filed yesterday in federal court in Columbus, rejected NetJets’ claims and alleged that four of the company’s units owe unpaid taxes and penalties.

NetJets Aviation Inc. owes more than $302.1 million, and another unit, NetJets International, is liable for $52.9 million, the U.S. said. Executive Jet Management Inc. owes $10 million while NetJets Large Aircraft owes $1.19 million, the U.S. claimed.

Should've listened to Chris Christie...

WestVirginiaRebel

Breitbart's Revenge

Multiple reports confirm C.K. is no longer scheduled to appear at the June 8 event. There has been no official reason given for his bowing out of the event, however.

The complaints began with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren, who has frequently interviewed Palin on her show. On her website Thursday, she wrote a blog post titled "I refuse to go to the Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner — no one should go." In the post she said, "Another pig ... and a media association has hired the pig, Louis C.K., to be their headliner for the big media dinner? Really? I am not going. I refuse to go. Everyone in the media should join me in this boycott."

The "another pig" comment was in reference to Rush Limbaugh, who was in the hot seat for most of the week for calling a Georgetown law student who testified before Congress about easier access to contraception a "slut" and "prostitute."

Susteren was not amused by C.K.'s previous comments about Palin, some of which she reproduced on her blog (but can't be printed here).