'Better a dictator than gay': Belarus leader

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

article.php?id=CNG.55bebdcb203c052a018c4e011e8013bb.a71&show_article=1Breitbart: The mercurial Belarus strongman Alexander Lukashenko lashed out Sunday at recent sanctions imposed by Europe over his rights record by saying he would rather be branded a dictator than be gay. Lukashenko said in impromptu remarks at a mass ski event that the foreign ministers of Poland and Germany, who had spearheaded the diplomatic offensive against his government, were outsiders who deserved public scorn. "One lives in Warsaw and the other in Berlin," Lukashenko said in apparent reference to Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski and German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle. "As for the second one who was screaming about a dictatorship... Having heard that, I thought to myself: better to be a dictator than gay." Lukashenko last year said he had once told Westerwelle, who is openly gay, during a meeting that "he must lead a normal life". He later apologised for his remarks but added that he "did not like gays." The 57-year-old former collective farm boss -- once identified as Europe's last dictator by Washington -- has left his ex-Soviet nation in growing diplomatic isolation over his nearly 18-year rule.

________

Well, we all know dictators aren't gay:

Gaddafi-in-uniform-Reuters.jpg

amin-color.jpg

I'm going to have to think about that one for a while. That's one of those, "would you rather have your toes smashed with a hammer, or your thumbs crushed in a vice" questions.