Coffee Shop

Rheo

WestVirginiaRebel

Mayan light beam photo: Message from the gods, or iPhone glitch?

In the first two images, dark clouds loom above the pyramid, but nothing is amiss. However, in the third photo, a powerful beam of light appears to shoot up from the pyramid toward the heavens, and a thunderbolt flashes in the background. Earthfiles.com that he and his family didn't see the light beam in person; it appeared only on camera. "It was amazing!" he said. He showed the iPhone photo to his fellow tourists. "No one, not even the tour guide, had ever seen anything like it before." The photo has surfaced on several Mayan doomsday discussion forums. But was the light beam a sign from the gods — a warning about Dec. 21, 2012, the date that marks the end of the Mayan calendar cycle, and when some people fear the world will end? Or is it simply the result of an iPhone glitch?

Somebody activated a Stargate?

SrWoodchuck

Why do they not figure in the price of electricity when they talk about how much it costs to run a hybrid? It's not like you can plug the thing in for free!

I keep looking at the "fuel" costs for most of these and they are exclusively sold on how much it costs to put fuel in them. I want to know...How many miles to the kilowatt do these cars get anyway?

Yeah. And how much does your electric bill go up from plugging those stupid things in? And what fuels your electricity? For us it is coal.

Unfortunately, @nickydog, XCEL energy was forced by the Obama administration to convert to natural gas.....with the appropriate increase in costs & even though XCEL had "state of the art" scrubbers on their coal fired plants. EPA=Everybody Pays Astronomically

SrWoodchuck

Obama Likens Himself To Gandhi And Nelson Mandela

"Around the world, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, what they did was hard. It takes time. It takes more than a single term. It takes more than a single president. It takes more than a single individual," Obama said.

"What it takes is ordinary citizens who keep believe, who are committed to fighting and pushing and inching this country closer and closer to our highest ideals. And I said in 2008, 'that I am not a perfect man and I will not be a perfect president.' But I promised you, but I promised you, I promised you back then that I would always tell you what I believe. I would always tell you where I stood," he also said at a fundraiser in NYC.

Well, at least he's lowering his expectations of himself:

barak-obama-painting.jpg

Always a legend in his own mind.

saveliberty

He told me: ‘I’m gonna kill you’

Cabby tale of fat cat ‘slashing’ him over $204

By FRANK ROSARIO

Last Updated: 4:22 AM, March 3, 2012

Posted: 1:40 AM, March 3, 2012

EXCLUSIVE

Scissors-32x32.png

This banker is in the top 1 percent — of jerks.

A mild-mannered, hardworking New York City cabby lamented to The Post yesterday that he was insulted, demeaned and threatened by a boozy bigwig who refused to pay him, screaming: “Go back to your own country . . . I’m going to kill you.”

Mohamed Ammar said investment banker W. Bryan Jennings — a $2-million-a-year fat cat for Morgan Stanley — went from being a sweet gentleman he picked up in Midtown to a surly, knife-wielding “drunk” who stiffed him on the $204 fare when they got to Jennings’ Darien, Conn., home.

03.1n007.cabby.c--300x300.jpg

Ellis Kaplan

A FARE TO REMEMBER: Cab driver Mohamed Ammar (above) says investment banker W. Bryan Jennings (below) slept off a night of drinking in the back of his cab and then slashed him when they got to Connecticut.

03.1n007.cabby2.c--300x300.jpg

“I said, ‘You have to pay me. It’s the law,’ ” Ammar recalled at his Queens home yesterday, where he lives with his wife and three children. “He says, ‘What law? You should go back to your own f--king country.’

“I say, ‘This is my f--king country, excuse my language. I’m an American citizen!’ ” said the driver, who is originally from Egypt.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...M#ixzz1o39KKWZe

He told me: ‘I’m gonna kill you’

Cabby tale of fat cat ‘slashing’ him over $204

By FRANK ROSARIO

Last Updated: 4:22 AM, March 3, 2012

Posted: 1:40 AM, March 3, 2012

EXCLUSIVE

Scissors-32x32.png

This banker is in the top 1 percent — of jerks.

A mild-mannered, hardworking New York City cabby lamented to The Post yesterday that he was insulted, demeaned and threatened by a boozy bigwig who refused to pay him, screaming: “Go back to your own country . . . I’m going to kill you.”

Mohamed Ammar said investment banker W. Bryan Jennings — a $2-million-a-year fat cat for Morgan Stanley — went from being a sweet gentleman he picked up in Midtown to a surly, knife-wielding “drunk” who stiffed him on the $204 fare when they got to Jennings’ Darien, Conn., home.

HuffPO:William Bryan Jennings, Morgan Stanley Banker, Charged With Hate Crime In Cabbie Stabbing

An investment banker was charged with a hate crime Wednesday for allegedly stabbing a cab driver of Middle-Eastern descent after a dispute over the fare from Manhattan back to the banker's multimillion dollar home in Darien, Connecticut.

W. Jennings Bryan turned himself into police Wednesday for the December 22nd incident. Charged with "second-degree assault, theft of services and second-degree intimidation based on race or bigotry" for allegedly calling the cabbie racial slurs, The Stamford Advocate reports, he was released on $9,500 bond and is expected in court on March 7th.

Jennings's lawyer, Gene Riccio, claims his client was a "victim of abduction."

(Snip)

A Statement from Rush

For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit?

In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.

The Health Care Debate Has Just Begun

Mar 22, 2010

Scissors-32x32.png

The expansion of government’s role in health care will elevate the importance of social issues and trigger contentious battles in the future over the government’s role in personal decisions. Given that abortion is a legal procedure in a free market, government cannot restrict private policies from covering it. But once ostensibly private policies are regulated by the federal government and subsidized with tax dollars, Washington has a say in the matter.

While the year-long debate over whether this particular legislation should pass this particular Congress has just ended, the broader debate over the future of America’s health care system has only begun.

I am surprised that Rush felt pressured to make this statement.

While I don't think it was constructive using that line.... I think her statements made her sound like what Rush said.

I've always thought that while some things may be true, they don't always need be said.

• Like 1

I am surprised that Rush felt pressured to make this statement.

While I don't think it was constructive using that line.... I think her statements made her sound like what Rush said.

I've always thought that while some things may be true, they don't always need be said.

I think he decided it was worth the bother. or He apologizes and the left doesn't accept it...which is exactly what is happening (at least on CGP), giving him the opportunity to hit them back, by saying "what do they want?" "This was never about contraceptives this was always about attacks Me and conservatives, and our ideals of freedom and personal responsibility."

Just a though

WestVirginiaRebel

Hackers Elect Futurama’s Bender to the Washington DC School Board

One Bender Bending Rodríguez was elected to the 2010 school board in Washington DC. A team of hackers from the University of Michigan got Bender elected as a write-in candidate who stole every vote from the real candidates. Bender, of course, is a cartoon character from the TV series Futurama.

This was not some nefarious attack from a group of rogue hackers: The DC school board actually dared hackers to crack its new Web-based absentee voting system four days ahead of the real election. University of Michigan professor Alexander Halderman, along with two graduate students, did the deed within a few hours.

After looking over the e-voting system's Ruby on Rails software framework, Halderman’s team discovered that they could use a shell injection vulnerability to get into the system. This allowed them to retrieve the “public key," which is used to encrypt the ballots. With the public key in hand, the hackers were able to change every ballot already in the system and replace any subsequent real ballots with fakes.

goodversionofbender-11330073.png

Of course, the next stop is:

128980601103700771.jpg

I am unable to post the image of a Prog-Poster, illustrating how wonderful Obama is & citing his wonderful & noble "achievements."

The website, ThePeoplesCube, has the poster & a very good response to it, here:

Prog Off: Answer a Fool According to His Folly...

Worth checking out......I promise......

As for repealing "don't ask, don't tell", Obama has created a new victim status that potentially impedes military readiness.

One might ask the IDF about this.

I am unable to post the image of a Prog-Poster, illustrating how wonderful Obama is & citing his wonderful & noble "achievements."

The website, ThePeoplesCube, has the poster & a very good response to it, here:

Prog Off: Answer a Fool According to His Folly...

Worth checking out......I promise......

As for repealing "don't ask, don't tell", Obama has created a new victim status that potentially impedes military readiness.

One might ask the IDF about this.

Komissar Blogunov

2/28/2012, 9:30 pm

I was hacked - by Bush! No, Bush is too stupid. It was Cheney! When he was sober. I will always vote for Dear Leader because I'm white (see how I diminish myself by spelling "white" all in lower case?) and it's the only way to expiate my guilt.

LMFAO.gif

Mustache group wants tax break for hairy Americans

Stephanie Grimes

February 23rd, 2012

SALT LAKE CITY — A group of mustachioed Americans is seeking a tax break to offset the costs of maintaining their facial hair.

If passed by Congress, the Stimulus to Allow Critical Hair Expenses — STACHE — Act would provide a $250 tax refund to anyone with hair care expenses.

The group based its justification for the proposal on research by Dr. John Yeutter, a professor of accounting and tax policy at Northeastern State University.

(Snip)

thinking.gif I could be wrong but I am detecting a hint of sarcasm.

H/T Crony Chronicles

Mustache group wants tax break for hairy Americans

Stephanie Grimes

February 23rd, 2012

SALT LAKE CITY — A group of mustachioed Americans is seeking a tax break to offset the costs of maintaining their facial hair.

If passed by Congress, the Stimulus to Allow Critical Hair Expenses — STACHE — Act would provide a $250 tax refund to anyone with hair care expenses.

The group based its justification for the proposal on research by Dr. John Yeutter, a professor of accounting and tax policy at Northeastern State University.

(Snip)

thinking.gif I could be wrong but I am detecting a hint of sarcasm.

H/T Crony Chronicles

Hey! I have hair care expenses. I want a tax break, too.

@nickydog

All true blue right thinking Yankee Doddle Dandy Merican need to rise up in our righteous wrath and demand an end to this blatant discrimination against folliclely endowed Americans!

i like to listen to Rush, but I felt very uncomfortable when he said that. He crossed an unnecessary line IMO.

I've managed to listen to him for a a grand total of 30 minutes in the last week and heard him say the video comment. I agree with you. Totally unnecessary. His actual point is dead on accurate and needs to be repeated over and over again. And interestingly, I gritted my teeth and read the comments attached to the AP story about this. They were almost 100% against the idea of provided birth control to this 30 year old nymphomaniac and her ilk. However, Rush has obscured the story by getting nasty. Just stick with the facts. They'll do the job.