World Trade Center Bombing Feb. 26 1993

Valin

The Company Officer

WTC_1993_ATF_Commons.jpg

1993 WTC Bombing

At 18 minutes after noon on February 26, 1993, a huge bomb went off beneath the two towers of the World Trade Center. This was not a suicide attack. The terrorists parked a truck bomb with a timing device on Level B-2 of the underground garage, then departed. The ensuing explosion opened a hole seven stories up. Six people died. More than a thousand were injured. An FBI agent at the scene described the relatively low number of fatalities as a miracle.Eight and one half years prior to the devastatingly fatal blows to the World Trade Center in New York, a Ryder truck carrying approximately 1,200 to 1,500 pounds of a homemade fertilizer-based explosive detonates at 12:18 in the afternoon

The blast produced a crater stretching over 150 feet through five floors on the 26th of February 1993. Let it also be noted that this was the second anniversary of the ending of the first Gulf War. Initial reports suggested that the blast was the result of an exploded generator, but evidence gathered shortly thereafter suggested that it was clearly a malicious act that resulted in the injuries of over 1,000 people, and the deaths of six others.

The mastermind behind this terrorist attack was Ramzi Ahmed Yousef, a previously sought criminal who was suspected for the formulation of criminal plots against Pope John Paul II, President Bill Clinton, and potentially fatal attacks against numerous flights in 1995. Yousef’s capture later that year lead to the discovery of al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden’s network of loosely tied Islamic militants. Yousef was convicted of the WTC bombing on November 12, 1997; however, a concrete analysis of the 1993 WTC attack must include an in depth examination of this figure, which will be discussed further.

(Snip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf7Ge-xFVtM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxKcJf1V1dg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HppJRz-R5Yc

Note: More Videos at Link

That was just an isolated act of a crazed lunatic, or so I remember hearing at the time. I did hear rumor though that it was one of the Bush's fault and a setup for attacking innocent countries in the future.

That was just an isolated act of a crazed lunatic, or so I remember hearing at the time. I did hear rumor though that it was one of the Bush's fault and a setup for attacking innocent countries in the future.

Looking back with 20/20 hindsight more should have been made of this. As i recall in was a couple od day story.