Coffee Shop

Rheo

I turned the TV on to FoxNews this morning for the first time in a long time and have a question.

They keep talking about a guy who killed his girlfriend and they keep mentioning that they were both Lacrosse players. Can anyone tell me what that has to do with anything? Is it a veiled reference to socio-economic status, or something else?

I turned the TV on to FoxNews this morning for the first time in a long time and have a question.

They keep talking about a guy who killed his girlfriend and they keep mentioning that they were both Lacrosse players. Can anyone tell me what that has to do with anything? Is it a veiled reference to socio-economic status, or something else?

I think it is because it revolves around Lacrosse. They were both players, other players testified, etc.

You are probably right as this is the 1st sentence of Fox News article:

In a trial that revealed the lives of elite athletes at a top-notch school,

Texas defies Obama administration, bars abortion providers from Medicaid

Texas on Thursday passed regulations barring Planned Parenthood clinics and other "affiliates of abortion providers" from participating in the state's Medicaid program starting March 14, the Texas Tribune is reporting.

The Obama administration has told Texas that its plans violate federal law.

If the two parties can't reach agreement, the newspaper reports, the state's Women's Health Program could be dismantled, leaving 130,000 low-income women without access to birth control, cancer screenings and other preventive benefits.

"Under federal law, states administer Medicaid and have the right to set the criteria for providers in the program. That is what Texas is doing," Texas Health and Human Services spokeswoman Stephanie Goodman told the Tribune. "We have a state law that our Attorney General says is constitutional, and it clearly bans abortion providers from taking part in the Women's Health Program. We can't violate a perfectly valid state law just to appease Washington. We hope [the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services] will reverse its position and allow the program to continue."

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

We have a live event tab on the top menu bar now. check it out and see if it is something we can use in some capacity.

We also need a tutorial put together on the editor changes and how to post, etc. Take some time and hover your mouse over the different options to see what they do and what questions need to be answered first. The changes they made to the editor...oofdah

Thanks!

Hope your day is going great.

We have a live event tab on the top menu bar now. check it out and see if it is something we can use in some capacity.

We also need a tutorial put together on the editor changes and how to post, etc. Take some time and hover your mouse over the different options to see what they do and what questions need to be answered first. The changes they made to the editor...oofdah

Thanks!

Hope your day is going great.

I like it! Why not give it a try and then if we don't like it on a real life test drive...we don't have to keep it?

Urgent Breaking News: White House Golf Czar implementing new rules to take effect March 2012!

http://politicsandfi...house-golf.html

White House Golf Czar says new rules, once implemented, will effect fairness and scoring equality that will supplement and compliment the handicap system!

Scissors-32x32.png

President Obama has recently appointed a Golf Czar and major rule changes in the game of golf will become effective in March 2012. This is only a preview as the complete rulebook (expect 2000 pages) is being rewritten as we speak. Here are a few of the changes.

Golfers with handicaps:

- Below 10 will have their green fees increased by 35%. 

- Between 11 and 18 will see no increase in green fees. 

- Above 18 will get a $20 check each time they play. 

The term "gimmie" will be changed to "entitlement" and will be used as follows: 

- Handicaps below 10, no entitlements. 

- Handicaps from 11 to 17, entitlements for putter length putts. 

- Handicaps above 18, if your ball is on green, no need to putt, just pick it up. 

These entitlements are intended to bring about fairness and, most importantly, equality in scoring. In addition, a Player will be limited to a maximum of one birdie or six pars in any given 18-hole round.Scissors-32x32.png

I just saw Obama on Fox. He looks haggard, poor boy.

I want him aged by 20 years before he leaves office in January and begging for mercy.

ok, a girl can dream.

• Like 1

I just saw Obama on Fox. He looks haggard, poor boy.

I want him aged by 20 years before he leaves office in January and begging for mercy.

ok, a girl can dream.

Like O.J.'s eventual arrival at the Crowbar Motel......I'd like to see him living in infamy behind iron bars.....a victim of his own smugness, bereft of recognition that he craves.....and facing years of solitary reflection, among creatures of his ilk. He should have "miles to go, before he sleeps..." as it seems the only just result for his intrinsic evil.

• Like 1

I'm not sure a community organizer of his ilk should be in prison, inciting others. He would not reflect, he would stage the next stage and be a hero to many.

I hope he becomes a Las Vegas lounge act, crooning to his fans and leaves the rest of us the hell alone.laugh.png

Ha! @SrWoodchuck, that reminds me of something...and I can't remember if I saw it here or on facebook but:

Obama loves his country, like OJ loved Nicole.

We'll send Obama out to look for the real killer in November.

• Like 2

WOW, I would be worried about a knock at my door after those posts. Lawyer up, don't say anything to them. smile.png

I was thinking about it later and figure that it will be the cultural sensitivity police first.

So I'd like to amend my statements to:

Obama loves his country like George Huguely loved Yeardley Love.

There. Now I will lawyer up. laugh.png

• Like 1

WOW, I would be worried about a knock at my door after those posts. Lawyer up, don't say anything to them. :)

Guess he won't be asking me to send him a buck to eat dinner with him, huh?

I don't want a hair on his head harmed.

I want him shamed [if he's capable] & living in humiliating ignominy, where some "Bubba" can redistribute him, unless he likes that....then he can stay in solitary.....all alone with his "awesomeness."

Pay for your play, Barack!

• Like 1