Primary 2012

Rheo

Do we want a live thread for the debate tonight? If so, start one..ha or we can use this.

Thanks for the posts today. I got laundry done, the garage cleaned and organized a bit more and bedding almost done. Political world be danged. wink.png

I'll miss it tonight. Fly, sleep, eat, fly, sleep, eat. It's physically tiring but theraputic for the mind. I hope Romney spends more time describing what he plans to do for the country than how bad the other Republicans are. And I hope Santorum and Gingrich ignore King's baited questions and tell the country why they are better than Obama. I'm not holding out much hope for Romney though.

Too bad you will miss it. Don't get the fly and sleep thing confused. wink.png

Check out the live thread if you want the riveting info. Ha.

In my unicorn world. I want them all united for the conservative cause and why Obama must go.

What's Their Problem With Romney?

In which Bones informs us poor benighted rubes that not only is Mitt Romney for really cross my heart and hope to die conservative, but that he always was a conservative and that is why the GOP Establishment hates and fears him.

No really that's what she says....my head hurts.

Female Military Pioneer Running for Congress

Colonel Martha McSally, a Republican candidate running for Gabby Giffords' former congressional seat, has an interesting and highly decorated past. In January 1995, she became the first woman in U.S. history to fly a combat aircraft into enemy territory when she flew her initial mission into Iraq to help enforce the United Nations' "no-fly zone."

She was part of the team that helped plan and execute the U.S. air operations over Afghanistan shortly after 9/11.

In July 2004, McSally took command of the 354th Fighter Squadron, becoming the first woman in U.S. history to command a combat aviation unit.

While defending her country she has received numerous honors, including being recognized by the University of Arizona and "Women Who Lead," in addition to receiving the Tucson YWCA Women on the Move Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Center on Women in Policing. American Thinker interviewed her about her fascinating career and why she decided to run for the seat previously held by Congresswoman Giffords.Scissors-32x32.png

Fred Thompson @fredthompson

WH adviser Jarrett: getting unemp checks "stimulates the economy." Yes - start getting Obama's advisers into that program immediately.

Obama tells Univision he'll be in White House 'another five years'

Scissors-32x32.png

"Well, first of all...my presidency is not over," Obama, who just a few months ago described himself as an underdog in the presidential race, said in a telephone interview. "I've got another five years coming up. We're going to get this done,” he said.

Obama’s campaign sees Hispanic voters as a key to his reelection, and the president sought to pin blame on Congress for the lack of progress on immigration reform.

"But ultimately, the only way we're going to do this is to get something passed through Congress, and that's why we have to keep the pressure up," Obama said.

"Unfortunately, the Republican side, which used to at least give lip service to immigration reform, now they've gone completely to a different place, and have shown themselves unwilling to talk at all about any sensible solutions to this issue, and we're going to have to just keep up the pressure until they act," he said.

Scissors-32x32.png

The president also urged Latino voters to vote Democrat.

"When it comes to Congress, all your listeners have to look and see: are those members of Congress—are they committing to getting this done?" Obama said.

Obama maintained that he hadn't broken a promise to pass immigration reform, despite a perception by some voters in the Latino community.

"I would have only broken my promise if I hadn't tried," he said. "But ultimately, I'm one man. You know, we live in a democracy. We don't live in a monarchy. I'm not the King. I'm the president. And so, I can only implement those laws that are pass through Congress."

Barone.jpg Michael Barone | TownHall

Santorum's Loose Lips Can Turn Convictions to Controversy

A candidate's strengths can also be his weaknesses. Take the case of Rick Santorum.

One of his strengths is perseverance. For more than a year, he made hundreds of appearances in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, with no visible result in the polls.

He persevered and ended up finishing first in the Iowa caucuses on Jan. 3. Then, after poor showings in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida and Nevada, he finished first in Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado on Feb. 7.

Now he's leading Mitt Romney in most polls nationally and in Romney's native state of Michigan.

Santorum's other strengths include spontaneity and authenticity. His speeches are unscripted, and he answers, often at considerable length, every question at campaign events.

And those answers are sometimes not what any competent political consultant would recommend. Which is where Santorum's strength becomes a weakness.

Example: In an interview last October with the evangelical blog Caffeinated Thoughts, Santorum said, "One of the things that I will talk about that no president has talked about before is I think the dangers of contraception in this country." Contraception, he went on, is "not OK."

"Maybe people don't want us to talk about those things," he added. And he has said later that he doesn't seek a ban on contraceptives -- a good thing, since that was ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court in Griswold v. Connecticut 47 years ago.

But by bringing the subject up, he guaranteed that he would be peppered with questions about the issue by the likes of ABC's George Stephanopoulos and CBS's Bob Schieffer.

More recently Santorum opined that Barack Obama had a "phony theology." The context showed he was referring to Obama's environmental policies, and he later said he doesn't doubt the president's claim to be a Christian. But his ad libbed use of the word "theology" inevitably caused controversy.

No one can doubt that his opposition to contraception and his recent denunciations of prenatal testing and women in combat reflect his deep moral and religious beliefs.

But they also allow opponents to pigeonhole Santorum as a religious conservative despite his considerable record on and knowledge of economic and foreign policy issues.

It is political malpractice to give opponents such an opening in a year when voters are overwhelmingly focused on the economy and the Obama Democrats' vast expansion of the size and scope of government.

Scissors-32x32.png

Georgia has early voting for the March 6 primary, so I went with my wife and one of our daughters and we voted today. Now I can purge this crap from my mind for a while.

• Like 1

ROMNEY: No, absolutely not. Of course not.

There was no requirement in Massachusetts for the Catholic Church to provide morning-after pills to rape victims. That was entirely voluntary on their part. There was no such requirement.”

Memo to Mitt Romney

The Internet never forgets

What's Their Problem With Romney?

In which Bones informs us poor benighted rubes that not only is Mitt Romney for really cross my heart and hope to die conservative, but that he always was a conservative and that is why the GOP Establishment hates and fears him.

No really that's what she says....my head hurts.

At least the title implies she realizes she is no longer one of "us".

STOP CHEM TRAILS

One More Reason to Vote For Ron Paul

Unless you really want the lizard people to take over.

I used to make a hobby of arguing with conspiracy kooks on Free Republic. There are people who actually, truly believe this kind of stuff. Imagine a life so uninteresting that you have to create wild and illogical conspiracies to make it interesting. How about just watching a kid play on a playground or studying the human eyeball. Life is too short.

Colonel Martha McSally, a Republican candidate running for Gabby Giffords' former congressional seat, has an interesting and highly decorated past. In January 1995, she became the first woman in U.S. history to fly a combat aircraft into enemy territory when she flew her initial mission into Iraq to help enforce the United Nations' "no-fly zone."

She was part of the team that helped plan and execute the U.S. air operations over Afghanistan shortly after 9/11.

In July 2004, McSally took command of the 354th Fighter Squadron, becoming the first woman in U.S. history to command a combat aviation unit.

While defending her country she has received numerous honors, including being recognized by the University of Arizona and "Women Who Lead," in addition to receiving the Tucson YWCA Women on the Move Award and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Center on Women in Policing. American Thinker interviewed her about her fascinating career and why she decided to run for the seat previously held by Congresswoman Giffords.Scissors-32x32.png

For the record, this woman is absolutely reviled in the Air Force fighter community. NOT because she's a woman. There are plenty of popular and more accomplished female fighter pilots. It is more about her being an absolute bitch, in a bitchy kind of way. There are two names an A-10 pilot has to buy a keg of beer for if he/she accidently mentions them. Jane Fonda and Martha McSally.

For the record, this woman is absolutely reviled in the Air Force fighter community. NOT because she's a woman. There are plenty of popular and more accomplished female fighter pilots. It is more about her being an absolute bitch, in a bitchy kind of way. There are two names an A-10 pilot has to buy a keg of beer for if he/she accidently mentions them. Jane Fonda and Martha McSally.

Here's the thing many people who have never been in the military don't get. Just as in civilian life not everyone is brave selfless...etc. In my brief time I served with some really great people, and some world class jerks. The nice thing about being a cop was we had ways of dealing with the latter evil1.gif

Scripture tells me I am to forgive, so I forgive Hanoi Jane...but I don't forget.

Interesting info. Thanks.