Gov. Walker Speaks for Geee and Mozie

righteousmomma

righteousmomma

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/01/17/interview_with_wisconsin_governor_walker

Some snips:

RUSH: We have the governor of Wisconsin on the phone with us, Scott Walker, who is subject to a recall attempt in the state of Wisconsin because of the bang-up good job he has done in trying to reform some of the practices involving collective bargaining and state employees in the state of Wisconsin.,,,,,

Now, let me set this up by letting people in the audience know some facts. You took office in January 2011, and at the time, as governor, you faced a budget deficit of $3.6 billion.

You made some decisions. That "deficit" is now a projected $300 million surplus without raising taxes, without furloughs or layoffs for state employees. You have also asked state employees to pay 12.6% of their health care premiums. Private sector workers pay double that. You've asked state employees to contribute 5.8% of their salary toward their pensions. They previously paid zero. You've got an excellent track record in turning the state around. Why do they want to get rid of you?

WALKER: Well, I think that's a logical question. I think the bottom line is the big government unions in Washington, more than anything, want their money, and they don't want their workers' money. It's not just about collective bargaining or pensions or anything else like that. It's about the fact they also give the nearly 300,000 public servants, the people who legitimately work hard every day for both our state and our local government in Wisconsin, I gave them the right to choose, which means they don't have to be a part of a union anymore, and their union dues can't be forcibly taken out of their paycheck. That's what this is really about. That's why they're gonna break the bank, take us on this summer in these recall elections and everything is kind of air cover for that. Our reforms are working.snip

righteousmomma

Thanks, Valin.

We had heard/seen this at the time and had forgotten how good it really is.

One of Rush's best.

Occurs to me-- the Democrat voting Union bosses and the O friendship have been almost a non existent mention in the current debates.