Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

gallery_3_6_6541.jpg

Join us daily to chat about news, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.

This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. ;)

Previous Thread

All MLB baseballs get treatment from South Jersey mud

.....Bintliff said rubbing down new baseballs started after an errant pitch killed a batter in the 1920s.

"The umpires and the pitchers tried to figure out something to take that slick feel off the ball without scratching the leather or discoloring the ball," he said.

They tried tobacco juice and infield dirt. Turns out, what worked best was mud drawn from near the favorite fishing spot of Bintliff's grandfather's friend, Lena Blackburne. Bintliff said that mud became the standard for all major league and most minor league teams in the 1950s.

"It's the texture," said Bintliff, who described it as a mixture of cold cream and chocolate pudding. "If it's too gritty, it can damage the leather on the ball. It can scratch it."

H/T:TheAwesomer & Newsworks.org

Feel Good Story!!!

52 Year Old Ex-Con Wins Wins Pro Boxing Debut

GREG BEACHAM

10/15/11

g-spt-111015-dewey-bozella-546p.nbcsports-story-612.jpg

Dewey Bozella, left, lands a punch on Larry Hopkins in their cruiserweight fight at Staples Center on Saturday.

LOS ANGELES - Dewey Bozella landed a hard right cross on his opponent's jaw at the final bell, and the 52-year-old boxer raised his arms in victory.

After 26 years behind bars for a murder he didn't commit, Bozella triumphantly realized a dream deferred in his first and only professional fight.

Bozella won his pro boxing debut Saturday night, beating Larry Hopkins by unanimous decision in the latest stunning chapter of a remarkable life.

"I used to lay in my cell and dream about this happening," Bozella said. "It was all worth it. It was my dream come true."

Wrongfully convicted of killing 92-year-old Emma Crapser in 1983, Bozella earned two college degrees and became the light heavyweight champion of Sing Sing before he was exonerated in 2009.

Golden Boy Promotions fulfilled Bozella's dream by putting him on the undercard of Bernard Hopkins' bout with Chad Dawson. His victory, punctuated by that devastating punch to Larry Hopkins' head at the final bell, brought the crowd to its feet.

"This was my first and last fight," said Bozella, who lives in Newburgh, N.Y. "It's a young man's game. I did what I wanted to do, and I'm happy. I appreciate everybody that made this possible. This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life."

(Snip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot7G5qQw99k

Washington Examiner

The Occupy D.C. protests, as Conn noted the other day, continue to violate federal law by camping out on National Park Service Land. Law enforcement officials from the alphabet soup of agencies that police D.C. are letting them get away with it.

You could say they haven't harmed anyone here downtown, except that they have. In McPherson Square, where some two or three dozen of them have been camping out for the last week, they have already ruined a few newly sodded sections of the park. The re-sodding of the park was completed this year as part of a $419,000 stimulus project to refurbish the square. You could say they're stimulating the economy, because now taxpayers will have to cough up a few thousand more to fix the damage.

snip

The new Ulsterman Report is up.

Have not read it yet but it always fascinates me..much like shiny objects.

WALL STREET INSIDER: The Obama White House Wants Us Gone. All of Us.

Our latest interview with a longtime Wall Street Insider reveals details of a troubling Obama White House stance against Wall Street executives voicing concern over the now daily violence permeating the Occupy Wall Street movement – and a belief the Obama administration may be actively engaged in helping create that conflict.snip

The new Ulsterman Report is up.

Have not read it yet but it always fascinates me..much like shiny objects.

WALL STREET INSIDER: The Obama White House Wants Us Gone. All of Us.

Our latest interview with a longtime Wall Street Insider reveals details of a troubling Obama White House stance against Wall Street executives voicing concern over the now daily violence permeating the Occupy Wall Street movement – and a belief the Obama administration may be actively engaged in helping create that conflict.snip

You should have checked with us...we knew this!

WSI: Just what I stated. Gone. Out of the way. Our ability to make a living eliminated. The system as we know it…the foundational freedoms of the free market…they consider it a burden. A problem. Something that needs to be redefined where government controls every critical component of the system. In essence, they want the end of capitalism. I know that has been said before, and I was among those who would roll their eyes at such an accusation against President Obama. Call me a believer now. What is being told to me…to others whose livelihood had been working within the current system – the situation is growing very dire. Very dangerous. I am not saying I fear for my life necessarily…it’s not that. It’s that I fear for this country’s way of life. I have never felt it to have been in so much danger as I do so right now. And it’s moving quickly – very quickly in a direction I think very few wish to comprehend.

I wonder if it's too late to properly "mark" our repatriated "citizens"???

return-to-sender.jpg

NBC Bay Area

Iran Hikers Show Support for Occupy Movement

The Iran hikers chose the city of Oakland and the Occupy movement as the backdrop for a rare public appearance Monday.

Sarah Shourd, Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal took part in the an Occupy Oakland rally at Frank Ogawa plaza. They said they wanted to show their support to the movement taking place in their town.

"We were hearing about (the occupations) little bit by little bit," Bauer said. "But it wasnt until getting back here to this city that it really hit me, that this is serious, that this is big."

The crowd erupted in applause.

"I feel proud of this happening in my city," Bauer said.

Up until now Occupy rallies have been mostly economic protests, but the hikers appearance took a turn toward the political. The hikers said they also felt a solidarity with hunger strike going on now in California prisons.

This is only their second public appearance since returning home to the United States after being freed from prison in Iran. They were arrested in July 2009 after Iran said they crossed over its border during a hike in northern Iraq. Shourd was released in Sept. 2010. Bauer and Fattal were released last month.snip

iranhikersoccupyoakland2.jpg

I wonder if it's too late to properly "mark" our repatriated "citizens"???

return-to-sender.jpg

NBC Bay Area

Iran Hikers Show Support for Occupy Movement

The Iran hikers chose the city of Oakland and the Occupy movement as the backdrop for a rare public appearance Monday.

Sarah Shourd, Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal took part in the an Occupy Oakland rally at Frank Ogawa plaza. They said they wanted to show their support to the movement taking place in their town.

"We were hearing about (the occupations) little bit by little bit," Bauer said. "But it wasnt until getting back here to this city that it really hit me, that this is serious, that this is big."

The crowd erupted in applause.

"I feel proud of this happening in my city," Bauer said.

Up until now Occupy rallies have been mostly economic protests, but the hikers appearance took a turn toward the political. The hikers said they also felt a solidarity with hunger strike going on now in California prisons.

This is only their second public appearance since returning home to the United States after being freed from prison in Iran. They were arrested in July 2009 after Iran said they crossed over its border during a hike in northern Iraq. Shourd was released in Sept. 2010. Bauer and Fattal were released last month.snip

iranhikersoccupyoakland2.jpg

Message to Sarah,Shane, Josh.....

20091115_useful-idiot(2).jpg

Obama's teleprompter, podium stolen in Va.

A van containing President Obama's teleprompter and podium were stolen from a Virginia hotel parking lot on Monday, according to NBC12 in Richmond.

The truck was parked at the Virginia Center Commons Courtyard Marriott near Richmond before the president's scheduled Wednesday appearance in Chesterfield, the station reported. In addition to the teleprompter, $200,000 worth of audio equipment and presidential seals mounted on Obama's podium were inside the stolen vehicle.

I guess the trip is cancelled then....

A van containing President Obama's teleprompter and podium were stolen from a Virginia hotel parking lot on Monday, according to NBC12 in Richmond.

The truck was parked at the Virginia Center Commons Courtyard Marriott near Richmond before the president's scheduled Wednesday appearance in Chesterfield, the station reported. In addition to the teleprompter, $200,000 worth of audio equipment and presidential seals mounted on Obama's podium were inside the stolen vehicle.

Wait For It...Wait For It....

It's all George Bushs Fault.

Biden Preaches Class Warfare To Fourth-Graders: If Millionaires Pay More Taxes “All The Teachers, Police And Firemen Will Come Back”…

snip

Before his speech, he visited teacher Lenid Keebaugh’s fourth-grade classroom, where students asked him about his dog (a German Shepherd), how long he wants to keep his job (“Another five years”), and what he does.

“My job is to take as much burden off the president as I can,” Biden told the class. Then he told them he was in town to try to get more teachers back, because students aren’t getting as much attention as they should, he said.

Millionaires paying just a little more in taxes can “pay for all the teachers and all the police and all the firemen to come back.”

I finally saw some Occupiers here in Bethany OK, about 8 bum looking guys standing around with signs hollering about what they demand or they'll stay there forever, don't think forever was very long cause BPD was there to run them off, they were dumb enough to be standing in the front grass of the bank. This is not an area that takes kindly to idiots protesting

Good news the van was recovered....

The truck was recovered at 12:30 p.m. on Monday at a Holiday Inn Express near the Richmond airport. It was unknown whether the items had been recovered.

But what was Obama's teleprompter doing staying at a Holiday Inn?

They can just do the "human mic" now.

Here's one of our local leftist rag's many stories on Obama's trip today.

Raleigh N&O

Obama on NC, VA bus tour: 'I'm the president'

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/10/18/1574555/obama-basks-in-southern-hospitality.html#ixzz1bAHQMnzj

JAMESTOWN, N.C. -- President Barack Obama sought Tuesday to recapture some of the bipartisan appeal that helped get him elected, while using the opportunity to assail GOP lawmakers for blocking his jobs bill.

Appearing in politically important North Carolina to promote his economic measures and his re-election, Obama promised he would work with GOP lawmakers on any serious plan they put forward to help get Americans back to work.

"I'm not the Democratic president or the Republican president. I'm the president," Obama said as the supportive crowd at a community college near Greensboro rose to its feet. The comment echoed Obama's 2008 campaign trail refrain about America being the "United States" and not simply a collection of red states and blue states.

Bipartisan rhetoric aside, Obama has had few discussions with any Republicans about the $447 billion jobs bill that Senate Republicans blocked last week. The bill is being broken into pieces so Congress can vote on its individual components.

16ft7b.jpg

Running to the applaus of "his crowd"... in Greensboro NC.

Southwest CEO takes on Obama

Southwest Airlines is joining the airline lobby's fight against President Obama's deficit-reduction proposal to increase taxes on flights.

Obama has called for a per-takeoff fee on flights that could run as high as $100. The suggestion was one of his proposals to the supercommittee tasked with finding at least $1.2 trillion in deficit cuts by Thanksgiving.

The president's proposal also includes a $7.50 increase in the security taxes passengers pay each way on trips. snip

Shocking News from OWS....Never saw this coming.

“I had my Mac stolen -- that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!”

It's those Joooowish Bankers, they took the 5,500 Mac.