Coffee Shop- Debate thread tonight! - Open 24/7

Rheo

This is not even close to a debate. It is a Q&A with each candidate getting specific questions.

At least they are getting their plans out there.

6:13PM I don’t know how Huntsman does it, but every time I wear a tie that color, small aircraft land on my driveway.

6:14PM There’s a pool going at work, if this will be Huntsman’s last big debate. I’ve got the under at $5. Any takers?

WestVirginiaRebel

Bachmann: Obama's destroyed the economy with quick fixes.

Right to work law question.

Santorum: Doesn't believe in public employee unions, says they have bankrupted states.

Gingrich: Supports business-led job training programs. Allow states to experiment on their own. People should not get money for doing nothing.

Huntsman (on clean energy): We're divided economically; subsidies don't work, supports natural gas. Wants to get the ball rolling with a quick phase-out.

Cain: Throw out the tax code. 9 percent for everything.

Ron Paul: Veto every single bill that violates the 10th Amendment (on states' rights.) Government has no authority to do what it's doing.

Gary Johnson (he's finally there): Promises to submit a balanced budget, veto legilslation where expenditures exceed revenue. Replace tax system with a fair tax.

6:20PM Gary Johnson: Will veto any unbalanced budget. And I have a bigger veto pen than Ron Paul. It’s the Ron Jeremy of veto pens.

6:20PM I heart Johnson for getting in the Fair Tax plug.

6:21PM Immigration is coming up after the break, or as most of the candidates call it: Perry-bashing time.

6:20PM Gary Johnson: Will veto any unbalanced budget. And I have a bigger veto pen than Ron Paul. It’s the Ron Jeremy of veto pens.

6:21PM Immigration is coming up after the break, or as most of the candidates call it: Perry-bashing time.

Ha. Didn't realize Stephen Green lives in Monument, CO. hmmm.

I have to say that Gingrich and Santorum are good with details. This is probably make or break time for Perry.

Say what you will about Gingrich he does provide details.

Ha. Didn't realize Stephen Green lives in Monument, CO. hmmm.

Well that makes one of us.

WestVirginiaRebel

Perry: Says SS will be there. States should continue allow people options out of SS. Goes after Romneycare.

Romney: Says Romneycare isn't a national plan but a state plan. Read his book to see exactly what it is.

Romney: Former President Obama...is a big-spending liberal who takes his inspiration from social democrats in Europe.