Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

I am watching the 9/11 Memorial Service for Flight 93. I listened to Secretary Ken Salazar, President George W. Bush and President Bill Clinton.

President Bush sounded sincere. President Clinton also gave a good speech, although I wondered about the political slant.

He did say that he wanted the memory of what citizens on Flight 93 to live on for another 2500 years, putting the Obama Administration in a bad light.

And for the outrage of the day...

Earlier this morning I made my daily trip to see what the White House Press Office CNN was pushing for the day.

The CNN lead story on their home page was "Financial Experts say Obama Jobs Plan Creates One Million New Jobs"

Well evidently... this was so outrageous that even the White House lackeys at CNN got cold feet with this whopper. They seem to have pulled the story now.

What a joke they have become. It's a push between CNN and MSNBC as they each seek new lows in "reporting" these days.

Bwahahahaha, snort. Yeah. I believe that. Hysterical. I want to know who the "financial experts" are. Uncle Omar?

Polly!

I'm not sure if Uncle Omar is an economist or the editor of the local Raleigh News & Observer newspaper. This is on their front page... They know quite well that most of the easily influenced LIB voters here can't read past the headline or first two sentences.

However read a little further down and see "the rest of the story" which gives a very different perspective than the first couple of lines.

News & Observer

Will Obama's plan work?

McClatchy Newspapers (BY KEVIN G. HALL)

Could it work? That's the question being asked about President Barack Obama's big new jobs plan.

Independent experts answered Friday with a qualified yes.

The American Jobs Act would create jobs and help keep a struggling economy moving forward, said a number of economists. But they cautioned that it wouldn't shift the nation's business gears into overdrive, and it offers only modest benefits, given the headwinds the economy faces from a moribund housing sector and growing financial turmoil in Europe.

As only a short-term stimulus plan, the American Jobs Act wouldn't address structural and external problems holding back the U.S. economy. And since the proposals' very design is transitory, it makes them difficult to compare against the broad economic plans being proposed by GOP presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman, who hope to replace Obama.

Macroeconomic Advisers, a leading economic forecast group, projected that Obama's plan "would give a significant boost to (the gross domestic product) and employment over the near term."

There's the rub. Obama's plan aims to deliver only a short-term fix to keep the economy moving forward and avoid falling back into recession.

Then there's the price tag, $447 billion. That would add to the sum that must be covered by a special congressional deficit-reduction committee aiming to cut $1.5 trillion from federal spending over a decade. Obama's plan counts on this committee to find almost $2 trillion in cuts.

"It is a political question. Is there a worthwhile political tradeoff? The economics of it are not worrisome," said Chris Varvares, president of St. Louis-based Macroeconomic Advisers. He favors raising the deficit short term as long as there is a clear path to bringing it down over time. "The current hysteria over the deficit is misplaced ... our current deficit is not the problem, it is our future deficits."

Varvares and colleagues think the Obama plan would raise GDP by 1.3 percentage points through 2012, resulting in 1.3 million more people employed. They think the plan would add another 0.2 percent points to growth in 2013.

That's in the ballpark of estimates from economists at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, who in a research note Friday estimated the American Jobs Act could add between 1 and 1.5 percentage points to economic growth next year. They also noted that for every percentage point of growth, the jobless rate falls by three-tenths of a percentage point.

"If that holds, we would see the unemployment averaging 8.6 percent by the end of 2012, instead of 8.9 percent," said the economists.

Mark Zandi, the chief economist for forecaster Moody's Analytics, envisioned 1.9 million jobs created if the plan passes as proposed, something he considers unlikely. However, about 40 percent of the jobs - 750,000 - would come from the payroll tax holiday provisions alone.

Zandi noted that benefits from the Obama plan wouldn't be lasting ones.

"The plan also results in weaker growth in 2013, as most of the tax cuts and spending increases are temporary and fade during the year," he said. "Presumably the economy will be strong enough to handle it by then, but that is far from certain."

That's important, because there's no guarantee that hiring and growth associated with the plan would be permanent. In fact, it's one reason for the negative public view on prior federal stimulus efforts, various programs such as "Cash for Clunkers" to stimulate auto purchases, and a first-time homebuyer tax credit. All these efforts provided a spark, but the spark proved temporary.

"Businesses repeatedly see that, so they respond to it in a temporary way," said Martin Regalia, chief economist for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which raps Obama for not seeking more-lasting job creation. "It does help temporarily maintain or boost demand because it puts more spendable money in people's pockets, and some of that will be spent. If all you want to do is boost the growth rates for next year, this will probably do that."snip

Exactly NCT! I went on to read the amended articles.

I am absolutely mystified by the thinking in this administration. Truly. It makes no sense.

Side note: What on earth makes Obama think that all the people out of work are going to want to suddenly become people who build bridges and highways and that sort of thing? I'm becoming increasingly irritated by a president who sees unemployment numbers as people who work with shovels. Certainly couldn't be "educated" people who don't have jobs. Arrogant elitist stupidity at its finest.

Still don't know if this guy is for real or not (I tend to go back an forth on that)...but the concept of unionizing the military...can you imagine? Wow.

Edited to add: The whole doggone article is scary, but instinct tells me that there is something to it all. I hope I have bad instincts.

I was reading Wall Street Insider stories and in one of the comments, someone indicated that an old story needed to be looked into. I found this updated story.

Still don't know if this guy is for real or not (I tend to go back an forth on that)...but the concept of unionizing the military...can you imagine? Wow.

Edited to add: The whole doggone article is scary, but instinct tells me that there is something to it all. I hope I have bad instincts.

I was reading Wall Street Insider stories and in one of the comments, someone indicated that an old story needed to be looked into. I found this updated story.

Back in the day there was talk of this.

military unions dutch

§ 976. Membership in military unions, organizing of military unions, and recognition of military unions prohibited

(After a whole lot of gobbledygook)

B] It shall be unlawful for a member of the armed forces, knowing of the activities or objectives of a particular military labor organization—

(1) to join or maintain membership in such organization; or

(2) to attempt to enroll any other member of the armed forces as a member of such organization.

© It shall be unlawful for any person—

(1) to enroll in a military labor organization any member of the armed forces or to solicit or accept dues or fees for such an organization from any member of the armed forces; or

(2) to negotiate or bargain, or attempt through any coercive act to negotiate or bargain, with any civilian officer or employee, or any member of the armed forces, on behalf of members of the armed forces, concerning the terms or conditions of service of such members;

(3) to organize or attempt to organize, or participate in, any strike, picketing, march, demonstration, or other similar form of concerted action involving members of the armed forces that is directed against the Government of the United States and that is intended to induce any civilian officer or employee, or any member of the armed forces, to—

Exactly NCT! I went on to read the amended articles.

I am absolutely mystified by the thinking in this administration. Truly. It makes no sense.

Polly! It makes perfect sense if your one and only objective is reelection in 2012 at the expense of everything and everyone else.

This is his all out attempt of either getting a temporary bump in the economy or blaming the GOP for not approving.

Gateway Pundit and TheRightScoop have President Bush's speech at the dedication ceremony for Flight 93 Memorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=488PgNH4IuM

SHANKSVILLE, United States. Sept. 10 -- The United States on Saturday dedicated a new national memorial to commemorate the victims of United Airlines Flight 93 who were killed after the plane was hijacked in the 9/11 terrorist attacks ten years ago and crashed into fields of Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

Former President Clinton makes a touching comparison between the 300 Spartan soldiers at the Battle of Thermopylae, and the heroic passengers on United 93, who overthrew the hijackers and prevented the plane from reaching its intended target in Washington D.C.