Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

Thank you, shoutValin. :) "Time wasted is time well spent" should be a sign hanging in my kitchen. I have this first born, WASP, midwestern sense of guilt if I'm not doing something useful. It cuts deeply into my reading time, for starters. Although reading is certainly not time wasted, but I can almost sense my mom looking at me disapprovingly when I read in the middle of the day. Love Laurel and Hardy. :P

Never put off until tomorrow, what you can put off until the day after. :D

Thousands Evacuated as Wildfire Destroys More Than 1,000 Homes in Texas

snip

"We lost everything," said Willie Clements, whose two-story colonial home in a housing development near Bastrop was reduced to a heap of metal roofing and ash. A picket fence was melted. Some goats and turkeys survived, but about 20 chickens and ducks were burned to death in a coop that went up in flames.

On Tuesday, Clements and his family took a picture of themselves in front of a windmill adorned with a charred red, white and blue sign that proclaimed, "United We Stand."

"This is the beginning of our new family album," the 51-year-old Clements said.

snip

That video never disappoints, Valin! Thank you for posting it.

The Twins could use a good pitcher...and hitter...shortstop....center field....I could go on....and on and on and on.

That video never disappoints, Valin! Thank you for posting it.

The Twins could use a good pitcher...and hitter...shortstop....center field....I could go on....and on and on and on.

So you're saying they haven't had a winning season this year?

Sen Vitter Picking Pigskin Over Politics

Louisiana Senator David Vitter ® has decided to forgo President Obama's Thursday night speech, and instead will host an New Orleans Saints party for family and friends.

Appearing on Power Play Live with Chris Stirewalt, Vitter called the President's address "more political speech that substantive" and said, "I have a Saints party...and I am absolutely going to be there for the big game, kick-off of the Saints and the whole NFL."

The New Orleans Saints travel to Green Bay to take on the defending Super Bowl Champion Packers in Thursday night's NFL season-opener at 830pm EDT, the President is scheduled to speak at 7pm EDT.

The Louisiana lawmaker acknowledged he would keep an eye on the President from his home, but added, "As a fanatic, I have my priorities."

snip

FOXNEWS

You gotta love Senator Vitter for this one.

Now the remaining REPUBs that do attend should take their lead from the old time (S)Ain'ts fans and come appropriately attired.

bag_head.jpg

I don't thing I have seen that specific video. Oh my, I miss that President.

I hadn't seen that before either. Great video. Thanks, shoutValin. Darn! Just illustrates once again the fool we have in the White House now.

FBI serves search warrants at Solyndra

David R. Baker,Henry K. Lee

Friday, September 9, 2011

FREMONT -- FBI agents armed with search warrants descended on the Fremont offices of bankrupt solar startup Solyndra on Thursday, opening an investigation into a company whose receipt of a half-billion dollars in government loans had already drawn sharp congressional criticism.

The search was part of a joint operation by the FBI and the U.S. Department of Energy's inspector general, whose agents also participated in the raid. Solyndra built its second factory in Fremont using $528 million in Energy Department loans, and the company's sudden closure last week triggered charges that the Obama administration had not properly vetted the loans to the company.

Representatives of both the Energy Department and the FBI refused to describe the focus of their joint investigation. But speculation immediately turned to the loans.

(Snip)

The plot thickens

H/T Power Line

FREMONT -- FBI agents armed with search warrants descended on the Fremont offices of bankrupt solar startup Solyndra on Thursday, opening an investigation into a company whose receipt of a half-billion dollars in government loans had already drawn sharp congressional criticism.

The search was part of a joint operation by the FBI and the U.S. Department of Energy's inspector general, whose agents also participated in the raid. Solyndra built its second factory in Fremont using $528 million in Energy Department loans, and the company's sudden closure last week triggered charges that the Obama administration had not properly vetted the loans to the company.

Representatives of both the Energy Department and the FBI refused to describe the focus of their joint investigation. But speculation immediately turned to the loans.

(Snip)

The plot thickens

H/T Power Line

read that some feel this is White House way of getting incriminating things & shredding before it hits publication/media

(Snip)

The plot thickens

H/T Power Line

read that some feel this is White House way of getting incriminating things & shredding before it hits publication/media

I say I wish them a lot of luck on that.....they're gonna need it.

(assuming this is true)

Someone should tell them that it's not the crime...it's the cover up that gets you in trouble.

Herman Cain’s Brilliant Response to Obama’s Speech

Team Cain has sent out the candidate’s response to President Obama’s speech. Here it is, in its entirety:

We waited 30 months for this?

Honestly, what more needs to be said?

PJ Tattler

Herman Cain’s Brilliant Response to Obama’s Speech

Team Cain has sent out the candidate’s response to President Obama’s speech. Here it is, in its entirety:

We waited 30 months for this?

Honestly, what more needs to be said?

PJ Tattler

And for the outrage of the day...

Earlier this morning I made my daily trip to see what the White House Press Office CNN was pushing for the day.

The CNN lead story on their home page was "Financial Experts say Obama Jobs Plan Creates One Million New Jobs"

Well evidently... this was so outrageous that even the White House lackeys at CNN got cold feet with this whopper. They seem to have pulled the story now.

What a joke they have become. It's a push between CNN and MSNBC as they each seek new lows in "reporting" these days.

And for the outrage of the day...

Earlier this morning I made my daily trip to see what the White House Press Office CNN was pushing for the day.

The CNN lead story on their home page was "Financial Experts say Obama Jobs Plan Creates One Million New Jobs"

Well evidently... this was so outrageous that even the White House lackeys at CNN got cold feet with this whopper. They seem to have pulled the story now.

What a joke they have become. It's a push between CNN and MSNBC as they each seek new lows in "reporting" these days.

Bwahahahaha, snort. Yeah. I believe that. Hysterical. I want to know who the "financial experts" are. Uncle Omar?