Candidate News Thread - Newt Gingrich

Geee

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Calling someone named Juan....Juan is racist.

Good news. We at A.S.S. are on the ball, and are attempting to find out what name you can call someone named Juan, without being a racists.

Kind of like calling someone named Jerry, "Geraldo" I guess.

RACIST!

NRO The Corner: Gingrich Squares Off With Heckler

Katrina Trinko

1/20/12

Mt. Pleasant, S.C. – It was a setting as American as apple pie: Newt Gingrich spoke abroad the World War II aircraft carrier the U.S.S. Yorktown, with a gigantic flag and a row of Boy Scouts behind him.

But when Gingrich was just a few minutes into his primary eve remarks, he was interrupted by a heckler shouting, asking Gingrich to release his ethic investigation reporter.

Gingrich calmly responded, saying that if the man had researched, “instead of shouting lies,” he would have discovered that the full report was online. “When you get done reading it, let me know if you have any other questions,” Gingrich said.

“And I assume you’re for the candidate who’s afraid to release his income tax,” he added.

The man then started shouting more insults at Gingrich, including “he cheats on his wife,” earning him a loud chorus of boos from the crowd. Gingrich shrugged the incident off, saying, “Look, some people just aren’t happy.”

(Snip)

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Calling someone named Juan....Juan is racist.

Good news. We at A.S.S. are on the ball, and are attempting to find out what name you can call someone named Juan, without being a racists.

Kind of like calling someone named Jerry, "Geraldo" I guess.

RACIST!

I am sad to report that as of this morning *our crack team of researchers have not been able to come up with an viable answer. But FEAR NOT I am able to report they are doubling down in their efforts, and one avenue of approach is being discounted.

*chimp%5B1%5D.jpg

I am sad to report that as of this morning *our crack team of researchers have not been able to come up with an viable answer. But FEAR NOT I am able to report they are doubling down in their efforts, and one avenue of approach is being discounted.

*chimp%5B1%5D.jpg

Is that the vigilante truth squad at the NYT's?

Gingrich calmly responded, saying that if the man had researched, “instead of shouting lies,” he would have discovered that the full report was online. “When you get done reading it, let me know if you have any other questions,” Gingrich said.

(Snip)

I think I'm missing something here. When Pelosi threatened to reveal what she knew about Newt's alleged ethics violations, he said that would be illegal. And why would Romney ask Newt to release the report if it was already online? Is Romney's campaign really that bad, or is there more than one issue here?

(Snip)

I think I'm missing something here. When Pelosi threatened to reveal what she knew about Newt's alleged ethics violations, he said that would be illegal. And why would Romney ask Newt to release the report if it was already online?

Don't know.

Is Romney's campaign really that bad, or is there more than one issue here?

?

Found this...

Romney to Gingrich: Release ethics records

"The committee released its 1997 report, although much of the underlying documentation remains private.

“We turned over 1 million pages of material,” Mr. Gingrich said at a Dec. 5 press conference. “We had a huge report.”

I'm sure you could parse whatever you want out of 1 million pages. I'm sure it will be a continuing spear thrown at Newt. So far, it appears he is up to the challenge of responding.

January 21, 2012

South Carolina Republican Presidential Primary

Newt up by 14% in latest ARG poll

South Carolina

Likely Republican

Primary Voters Jan 19-20

Gingrich 40%

Paul 18%

Romney 26%

Santorum 13%

Other 1%

Undecided 2%

Gingrich leads Romney among men 38% to 25%, followed by Paul with 21%. Among women, Gingrich leads Romney 42% to 26%, followed by Paul with 16%, and Santorum with 13%.

People say women won't vote for Newt. Doesn't appear to be the case in South Carolina.

Found this...

Romney to Gingrich: Release ethics records

"The committee released its 1997 report, although much of the underlying documentation remains private.

“We turned over 1 million pages of material,” Mr. Gingrich said at a Dec. 5 press conference. “We had a huge report.”

I'm sure you could parse whatever you want out of 1 million pages. I'm sure it will be a continuing spear thrown at Newt. So far, it appears he is up to the challenge of responding.

Thanks

Romney is weak on Bain, but it's because he is not defending a record of saving 80% of the companies. What Gingrich is doing is impaling the free market and feeding lines to a Democrat's campaign.

That's so well said I wanted to repeat it.

Gingrich Won Women's Vote in SC Primary

According to exit polling conducted by Edison Research, Gingrich won a plurality of the female vote with 36 percent of South Carolina’s voting Republican women checking his box Saturday.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney won 30 percent, Texas Rep. Ron Paul won 13 percent, former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum garnered 19 percent and Texas Gov. Rick Perry (who dropped out of the race this week) was still the choice of 1 percent of women.

snip

Newt's Open Marriage With Conservatives

Newt Gingrich's marital shipwrecks are old news. But his second ex-wife, Marianne, revealed a new insight into Newt's definition of fidelity. Her claim that Newt asked for an "open marriage" explains his fatal character flaw spilling over from his private life into the public arena, spelling doom for Republicans in 2012.

Newt wants conservatives to honor marriage vows with him, while he is free to carry on multiple love affairs with liberal progressives and Democrats.

Newt's defenders easily recall the legislative triumphs as Republican House Speaker underpinning his conservative bona fides. Contract With America, Balanced Budget, Tax Cuts, Welfare Reform. Even the inestimable Thomas Sowell has endorsed him.

Yet, how can one dismiss his serial infidelities against monogamous conservatives? His coziness with then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in 2008 on climate change and cap-and-trade and his ongoing infatuation with ethanol subsidies are but the most egregious perfidies -- committed long before his quest to be the Republican nominee for president in 2012.

Newt's most brazen betrayal this campaign season was his trashing of Congressman Paul Ryan's sensible plan to fix runaway entitlement spending, particularly Medicare. Said Gingrich then, Paul Ryan's plan is " right-wing social engineering...no better than left-wing social engineering."

Seeking forgiveness after most of us had Newt buried and forgotten in June. Newt pulled a Lazarus. Dousing his self-immolation with potassium carbonate foam charm, he quipped about how Occupy Wall Street vermin ought to take a bath and recently tagged Obama as the "food stamp president." These have been effective acts of contrition designed as self-applied skin grafts hoping they would disguise his transgressions.

But just when we were prepared to absolve a serial abuser, Newt broke our hearts once again by savagely belittling Mitt Romney's leadership at Bain Capital. Perhaps Newt thought his beat-down of Romney as a villainous captain of industry was merely confined to a short-lived character assassination of a political rival having no lasting consequences.

No, Newt's attacks on Mitt Romney have been far worse than the usual campaign mudslinging. When Newt co-opted the language of progressives and Marxists for purely personal advantage he offered safe harbor for the wholesale repudiation of private property rights and free markets. When Newt attacked private capital formation and deployment by attempting to discredit one of its most effective and successful operators, Newt undermined the very underpinnings of liberty and self-determination-- an act of sedition that cannot be overlooked.

Newt asserts he is a small government Tenth Amendment fundamentalist. Then why has he been sucking the teat of Freddie Mac to the tune of $1.8 million in consulting fees? Why does he show contempt for free market initiatives by bashing private equity capital? Why does he share president Obama's conviction that there are no market solutions to energy supply, only government led mandates?snip

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/newts_open_marriage_with_conservatives.html

Will Newt Gingrich Grow Up — and Win?

Flush from his victory in South Carolina, what many of us want to know, indeed are dying to know, is — will Next Gingrich grow up?

We do all know this: He’s the best debater and close to the most brilliant mind in American politics, regardless of party. If, at the ripe old age of 68, he can finally mature emotionally to somewhere approximating his intellectual development, he could become the next president of the United States. And he might even be a great one.

Lord knows we need it. I am one of those who is easily suckered by Newt because I enjoy hearing the ideas — even seeing the workings — of an original mind. It’s a rare thing, particularly in politics.

But Newt has a big ego. And you don’t need to be Sigmund Freud to realize that means somewhere he is insecure. He wants to make sure we know he is the smartest guy in the room. And, as with any of us, that isn’t always true. There’s always someone out there who’s brighter, some Djokovic to knock Nadal and Federer off the stand.

We all have to face that, no matter how good we are. Al Gore was never able to. Newt Gingrich should learn from him. If, as Newt says, he really is such a devout religious convert, now is the time to show humility, not with the mainstream media or Barack Obama, but with the rest of us — the ones would elect him president.

He should continue to eviscerate the MSM. They are so reactionary in their essence they don’t even realize it. But he doesn’t need to trumpet the greatness of Newt. He just needs to tells us what he intends to dosnip

http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2012/01/21/will-newt-gingrich-grow-up-and-win/

Will Newt Gingrich Grow Up — and Win?

Flush from his victory in South Carolina, what many of us want to know, indeed are dying to know, is — will Next Gingrich grow up?

I love reading the comments. Newt certainly does elicit opinions, good thing or bad?

Something has just occurred to me...(that's right a real actual thought! I'm...concerned :D)

Which candidate has been driving this campaign since...(say) Aug?

I will say Rodger makes a good point, Can Newt rein in Newt.

I think by this time next month we'll know one way or the other.

Newt's Open Marriage With Conservatives

His coziness with then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in 2008 on climate change and cap-and-trade

This is the weakest part of Geoffrey Hunt's argument. As He has addressed this over and over and over and over again. Way past time to put it to bed.

It sounds to me like Hunt is trying to attack Newt for Mitt's benefit - after all, Romney bought into the global warming bit too and appointed a slew of Democratic judges when he was governor of Masshole. Like an "open affair"?

It sounds to me like Hunt is trying to attack Newt for Mitt's benefit - after all, Romney bought into the global warming bit too and appointed a slew of Democratic judges when he was governor of Masshole. Like an "open affair"?

No surprise, but there are those in the party who really don't like Newt, some for valid reasons, some for petty reasons.