Candidate News Thread - Newt Gingrich

Geee

How does this kind of ad compare to what was run in Iowa by Mitt? I didn't check YouTube, did any of them make it on air nationally? I don't recall seeing any.

The bad Newt tries to throw everything, including the kitchen sink, even if it impales his own standing. Reminiscent of the bad Clinton.

The bad Newt tries to throw everything, including the kitchen sink, even if it impales his own standing. Reminiscent of the bad Clinton.

See Reply 181 for the reasons he has gone negative.

What I find...interesting was the same kind of criticism about these ads. I missed the part where the Conservative pundits attacked Mitt for these ads....ie attacking HIM, and not his ideas.

Now we can find fault for the how he went about it, but, what was/is he supposed to do. Stand there and say thank you master may I have another?

What I find...interesting was the same kind of criticism about these ads. I missed the part where the Conservative pundits attacked Mitt for these ads....ie attacking HIM, and not his ideas.

Now we can find fault for the how he went about it, but, what was/is he supposed to do. Stand there and say thank you master may I have another?

Romney is weak on Bain, but it's because he is not defending a record of saving 80% of the companies. What Gingrich is doing is impaling the free market and feeding lines to a Democrat's campaign.

Romney is weak on Bain, but it's because he is not defending a record of saving 80% of the companies. What Gingrich is doing is impaling the free market and feeding lines to a Democrat's campaign.

Exactly my feeling on the matter, and if you will notice they are AlREADY taking advantage of it!

Exactly my feeling on the matter, and if you will notice they are AlREADY taking advantage of it!

No real disagreement, I think it was a mistake, to attack Mitt in this way, plenty of other skeletons in Romney's closet (Raising taxes, saying he wasn't a Reagan Republican, Romneycare are some that come to mind). My point and really my only point is, where was Hugh Hewitt, Ann Coulter, Charlies Krauthammer, WSJ, NRO...etc when the Romney campaign was was calling Newt Gingrich everything but late for dinner? Not to go off into conspiracyland, but I find it...curious. If Gingrich becomes the nominee rest assured the Omaba campaign will use Romney's ads against a Gingrich campaign, I would hazard a guess they are sitting in a vault right now.

The Hill:

Gingrich wins support from nation's largest Hispanic-GOP group

Justin Sink

01/16/12 01

Newt Gingrich has earned the endorsement of Somos Republicans, the nation's largest Hispanic Republican group, in an announcement that could help the House Speaker as the presidential campaign shifts towards South Carolina and Florida.

"We believe Newt Gingrich knows the importance of the Latino community," the group said in a statement released Monday. "Newt Gingrich has been working hard for many years to include American Hispanics in the overall conversation for a better America."

The group says it has a membership of more than 6,000 Hispanic Republicans. While the Hispanic population is low in South Carolina — representing fewer than 5 percent of the population — Hispanic Republicans represent a far wider influence in Florida, where they make up more than 17 percent of the population.

(Snip)

No word yet from La Raza on who they support :D

I missed the debate last night, but from what clips I've seen, it was the night of the Good Newt.

This is frustrating because when he's wrong, he's really wrong and he just won't own up. The high points are not to be beat and the low points--ack, the extremes!

When he is disciplined and on message, we hear what we all need to hear.

Drat.

Right Scoop: Newt: Palestinians must give up ‘right of return’ before negotiating peace

(Click on Link For Video)

This is an excellent clip! Herman Cain should watch this and take note of how Newt answers these two questions so….well, awesomely.

Newt is asked two questions, the first being if he would ever support a Muslim for president in the future and the second on what he believes should be done with the ‘invented’ Palestinian people . Quite frankly, he nails them both.

(Snip)

I missed the debate last night, but from what clips I've seen, it was the night of the Good Newt.

This is frustrating because when he's wrong, he's really wrong and he just won't own up. The high points are not to be beat and the low points--ack, the extremes!

When he is disciplined and on message, we hear what we all need to hear.

Drat.

Save, this is one of the things that worries me. How would he get along with cabinet and advisors? Well, I guess he must have when he was speaker :unsure:

Gingrich: Defund Planned Parenthood and Give the Money to Adoption Services

“I would like to defund Planned Parenthood,” Gingrich said at a presidential forum on Monday in Myrtle Beach, S.C., sponsored by the Faith and Freedom Coalition. “I want to take all of that money and put it directly into adoption services to give young women the choice of life, not the culture of death.”snip

Contentions: Gingrich’s “Grandiose Thoughts”

Alana Goodman

1/20/12

The Romney campaign is out with a new attack on Newt Gingrich this morning which, if taken in the right direction, could be absolutely toxic for the former speaker’s campaign. Romney’s press release, headlined “I Think Grandiose Thoughts” (a direct quote from Gingrich at last night’s debate), lists a multitude of celebrated statesmen and historical figures who Gingrich has compared himself to over the years, including Abraham Lincoln, Charles de Gaulle, and the Duke of Wellington. Here’s Newt likening himself to The Great Compromiser:

(Snip)

President Obama had a penchant for making similar grand comparisons during his 2008 campaign, and the McCain campaign had some success attacking him on this. In some ways, Gingrich may be even more vulnerable in this area. While Obama was able to pull off false modesty when absolutely necessary, Gingrich hasn’t shown the same ability. His Kanye-esque declaration about “grandiose ideas” last night, which bordered on self-parody, was a prime example. All Romney needed to do is put the narrative in the public consciousness, and Gingrich, being Gingrich, will likely provide the rest.

eek.gif Newt has an Ego!

There is a line from

Where Winston Churchill (arguing with his butler) "Yes but I am a great man!" Sometimes what you need is someone with an over sized ego.

Public Policy Polling

Newt Gingrich heads into South Carolina election day as the clear front runner in the state: he's now polling at 37% to 28% for Mitt Romney, 16% for Rick Santorum, and 14% for Ron Paul.

Gingrich's lead has actually increased in the wake of his ex-wife's controversial interview with ABC. Although one night poll results should always be interpreted with caution, he led the final night of the field period by a 40-26 margin. One thing that continues to work to his advantage are the debates. 60% of primary voters report having watched the one last night, and Gingrich has a 46-23 lead with those folks.

The other reason his ex-wife's interview isn't causing him much trouble is that there's a lot of skepticism about it. Only 31% of voters say they think her accusations are true while 35% think they are false and 34% are unsure. 51% of voters say that they have 'no concerns' about what came out in the interview.

The skepticism of Republican voters toward the media is helping Gingrich as well. Just 14% of likely voters have a generally favorable opinion of the media, while 77% view it negatively. Gingrich's attacks on the media have clearly played well with the party base.snip

Public Policy Polling

The skepticism of Republican voters toward the media is helping Gingrich as well. Just 14% of likely voters have a generally favorable opinion of the media, while 77% view it negatively. Gingrich's attacks on the media have clearly played well with the party base.snip

I can't imagine why this would be? Could it be racism?

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Calling someone named Juan....Juan is racist.

Good news. We at A.S.S. are on the ball, and are attempting to find out what name you can call someone named Juan, without being a racists.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Calling someone named Juan....Juan is racist.

Good news. We at A.S.S. are on the ball, and are attempting to find out what name you can call someone named Juan, without being a racists.

Kind of like calling someone named Jerry, "Geraldo" I guess.