'Gay lessons' in maths, geography and science

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
Gay-lessons-in-maths-geography-and-science.html
UK Telegraph:

Lesson plans have been drawn up for pupils as young as four, in a scheme funded with a £35,000 grant from an education quango, the Training and Development Agency for Schools.

The initiative will be officially launched next month at the start of "LGBT History Month" – an initiative to encourage teaching about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual issues.

The lesson plans, spread across the curriculum, will be offered to all schools, which can choose whether or not to make use of them.

But critics last night called the initiative a poor use of public money which could distract from the teaching of "core" subjects.

Among the suggestions are:

Maths – teaching statistics through census findings about the number of homosexuals in the population, and using gay characters in scenarios for maths problems;

Design and technology – encouraging pupils to make symbols linked to the gay rights movement;

Science – studying animal species where the male takes a leading role in raising young, such as emperor penguins and sea horses, and staging class discussions on different family structures, including same-sex parents;

Geography – examining the transformation of San Francisco's Castro district in the 1960s from a working-class Irish area to the world's first "gay neighbourhood", and considering why homosexuals move from the countryside to cities;

Languages – using gay characters in role play scenarios, and teaching "LGBT vocabulary".

The lesson plans, written by teachers and backed by the Department for Education, will be available for schools to download from the Schools Out website.
________

Math and science are teh new gay! I wish I could say this was a Monty Python routine.

Do we have a "LGBT History Month" here in this country? Not aware of one. (Would really be great if we did.)sarcasm

With my high level of media and pop culture exposure these days, I've decided that pretty much EVERY month is LGBT month. I'm ready for them to focus on something else for awhile. Blech.

If, in life and in meeting other people, you have to lead with your sexual preference then I think something is seriously awry. If your sense of worth is so so tied up in "gender issues", then something is missing in you.