State of the Union -- Live Thread

clearvision

This is the first time I've ever watched one of his speeches from beginning to end. All I can say is I haven't missed a thing, and the press keeps telling me how great he is at speeches, ugh. He didn't even act like he believed what he was saying. You all made it bearable to watch.

Cudjo, this was not like his better "readings". He can do quite well.... but I think he needs the audience to be in it with him... like a Preacher....

Elmer Gantry or a snake oil salesman

"It is a new experience for speechwriters." -- about the lackluster response from the audience.

It took 10 minutes less this year than last year's speech, with the SAME NUMBER OF words. Basically because no interruptions for applause.

Hahahahaha.

Following the coverage, FBN will present a special live edition of Stossel at 11 PM/ET, where host John Stossel will discuss the libertarian reaction to the event alongside Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), Cato Institute’s David Boaz, FBN’s Judge Andrew Napolitano and a live studio audience. In addition, Stossel will give his own State of the Union speech.

I read it tomorrow. ;)

Well. I've been trying to figure out something nice to say about the parts of the speech I saw.

To quote William Shatner in that Brad Paisley video:

I liked the ending part. You know, the part where it ended. :rolleyes:

Actually, I didn't think it was his worst speech ever and he seemed less arrogant than he usually does. Unfortunately arrogance seems to be the only thing he actually has going for him, because without it I had to keep pinching myself to stay awake.

The fact that Boehner didn't cry when they brought up sweeping floors is a small miracle...but that was a nice Kumbyah moment for everyone. Can't really disagree with that sentiment. I mean, this country is so great you don't even have to be a citizen to become president!

I probably worn down, but this is not good so far.... not animated at all

Honestly, I've NEVER seen a good one.

"It is a new experience for speechwriters." -- about the lackluster response from the audience.

It took 10 minutes less this year than last year's speech, with the SAME NUMBER OF words. Basically because no interruptions for applause.

Hahahahaha.

That's because cheerleader Nancy Pelosi wasn't in front leaping up and down. Biden just didn't seem to know what to do without her. Boehner just looked bored.

The MSM is going to go nuts with Ryan's speech. He's laying it all out, calmly and clearly. This is the new team, here to rescue what is left of our country.

I hope Ryan is as strong as Sarah, to be able to withstand the s#$%storm that is headed his way.

Hahahahaha.

That's because cheerleader Nancy Pelosi wasn't in front leaping up and down. Biden just didn't seem to know what to do without her. Boehner just looked bored.

I don't even remember seeing her there tonight.

Like Chris Wallace said, it is the norm for the opposing party response to be fairly ineffective. And like I noted, part of it is because there is no audience response of support/non-support. In a 'flat' room.

Hahahahaha.

I don't even remember seeing her there tonight.

NBC showed her often..with her "date"