State of the Union -- Live Thread

clearvision

He is praising Brandon Fisher for the Chilean miner rescue but he would not have been able to do the same thing here due to the regulations and red tape!!!

OK, I know I only have the TV on mute-but even having a hot poker in your eyes after an hour is too much. Good night all, I guess I'll miss the last dance and the kiss good night :D

Thanks for hanging in there this long.

Sweet dreams.

righteousmomma

OK, I know I only have the TV on mute-but even having a hot poker in your eyes after an hour is too much. Good night all, I guess I'll miss the last dance and the kiss good night :D

Night Geee! Its over, YEAH!!!No sound and I made it thru 10 minutes

Now, we will have Paul Ryan giving the rebuttal and then Michele Bachmann is giving one and John Stossell is also giving the Libertarian rebuttal.

DONE!

Thank goodness!!

This is the only way I could get through this misery. I agree mixing up the folks backfired on them.

Krauthammer is saying the same thing -- a flat speech. Ha!

This is labeled The State of the union for a reason, to tell Congress what he has done/accomplished over the past year and to give an accounting of where our country stands. He treated it as a guaranteed audience for the same old grandstanding.

Hah hah, even CharlesK said this was a terrible speech!

CNN quiet speech... possibly because of the way people were sitting. No boldness. Did not come across well....

This is the first time I've ever watched one of his speeches from beginning to end. All I can say is I haven't missed a thing, and the press keeps telling me how great he is at speeches, ugh. He didn't even act like he believed what he was saying. You all made it bearable to watch.

This is the first time I've ever watched one of his speeches from beginning to end. All I can say is I haven't missed a thing, and the press keeps telling me how great he is at speeches, ugh. He didn't even act like he believed what he was saying. You all made it bearable to watch.

We are here to take the crap, so you don't have too. :D

Cudjo, this was not like his better "readings". He can do quite well.... but I think he needs the audience to be in it with him... like a Preacher....