State of the Union -- Live Thread

clearvision

There are at least five different entities that deal with housing policy. Then there’s my favorite example: the Interior Department is in charge of salmon while they’re in fresh water, but the Commerce Department handles them in when they’re in saltwater. And I hear it gets even more complicated once they’re smoked.

Got applause.

Boehner has the greatest expression thru out this... sort of slight smirk like you total idiot, but not over the top.

I'm bailing on the listening, just reading the snark now.

Wonder what the trigger word will be to attack...

I'm having a hard time coming up with snark at this point.

I keep looking at Boehner and thinking he has shot glasses lined up. What is that silver tray thingy?

It looks like glasses of water. Wonder if he'll excuse himself for a potty break.

I see the water glass but it is on the other side of the tequila shot glasses. :D

There are at least five different entities that deal with housing policy. Then there’s my favorite example: the Interior Department is in charge of salmon while they’re in fresh water, but the Commerce Department handles them in when they’re in saltwater. And I hear it gets even more complicated once they’re smoked.

Got applause.

I think he's pretty familiar with the SMOKING part!

WestVirginiaRebel

Okay, the fish joke wasn't bad.

Wants to reorganize government. Says people will be able to get information about government spending online, says he'll veto earmarks.

I'm bailing on the listening, just reading the snark now.

Wonder what the trigger word will be to attack...

I'm having a hard time coming up with snark at this point.

I keep looking at Boehner and thinking he has shot glasses lined up. What is that silver tray thingy?

It looks like glasses of water. Wonder if he'll excuse himself for a potty break.

Maybe that is what they are for. :o

Holy s^#@. Batman!!

He's going to reform and rebuild the government. And he's going to rebuild our faith in the government.

These people have no idea what the Constitution is and they're going to reformulate our government!

Pray for Boehner's continued health and well being!

I know I am being redundant-but these people have NO expressions on their faces. Even when they get up to clap, it's like they are robots!!

Clearvisionshout, I just noticed the black or grey issue you brought up before. I hadn't realized what you were talking about until just now. GREY it is! HAH.

And we have sent a message from the Afghan border to the Arabian Peninsula to all parts of the globe: we will not relent, we will not waver, and we will defeat you.

We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail.

George W. Bush, Speech after 9/11 attacks

43rd President of US (1946 - )

Dig Boehner's expressions!

I have to give him credit. No way I could sit behind this man and listen to these words that are not in his heart and not make stinky eye at him.