GEORGE BUSH ON THE TONIGHT SHOW

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
the-tonight-show
NBC - The Tonight Show:

I don't know if anyone got to see George Bush on the Tonight show last night. I got to see some of the video this morning. I got a lump in my throat when he came out and everyone applauded and cheered. I just love this guy! He's very very funny! There are 4 videos in all. ENJOY! I'll watch the whole thing later on when I am home. :lol:

Guest areafiftyone

"Sure must make you mad!" :lol:

Great interview. Love that guy. (Audience loved him too!)

I'm going to buy his book this weekend. Can't wait to read it.

Guest areafiftyone

shoutAreafiftyone! Thanks for posting that. If Jay retires again, I think there is a replacement :lol:

LOL! That would be the highest rated late night talk show! I would even stay up to watch it although my body would hate me.

areafiftyoneshout! I bought the book as one of MrChick's Christmas presents--but am having a hard time not dragging it out and reading it myself first. Oh, well, January will come soon enough I guess.

I really appreciated the way Jay Leno's web page was set up. Great background and so liked not having to even click anything to get the next segment of GW to come up.

Guest areafiftyone

areafiftyoneshout! I bought the book as one of Mr Chick's Christmas presents--but am having a hard time not dragging it out and reading it myself first. Oh, well, January will come soon enough I guess.

I really appreciated the way Jay Leno's web page was set up. Great background and so liked not having to even click anything to get the next segment of GW to come up.

LOL! Aww come on just sneak a few chapters - he'll never know (except for the chocolate thumbprint on page 200) :lol:

'Special Report' just wrapped up with Jay ranting about being frisked on his own show, then the camera turned to Dubya being frisked. I can't remember exactly what he said, but the whole thing was hillarious... B)

'Special Report' just wrapped up with Jay ranting about being frisked on his own show, then the camera turned to Dubya being frisked. I can't remember exactly what he said, but the whole thing was hillarious... B)

Ace!

He said, "No kidding. Take it easy there, 'grope-master'".

Ace!

Totally cracked me up, I have to say.

As opposed to the 'Chosen One', Algore, and Ketchup Boy, Dubya always kept his sense of humor while they had corks shoved up their arses. The LSM and RATS never could drag him down to their level, which is why his legacy will be a lot better than expected. He's already in the fast lane(at the rate he's going he'll make Bill Clinton jealous in another few months).

Ace!

Totally cracked me up, I have to say.

It was pretty good. I was waiting for him to say , don't touch my junk. :P

WestVirginiaRebel

Jay's audience is more Middle American than Letterman's. Jay may be just as liberal, but he seems to be more fair in his jokes.

PS I think Jimmy Fallon and Conan (welcome back, BTW!) are in that vein too, for the most part.

As opposed to the 'Chosen One', Algore, and Ketchup Boy, Dubya always kept his sense of humor while they had corks shoved up their arses. The LSM and RATS never could drag him down to their level, which is why his legacy will be a lot better than expected. He's already in the fast lane(at the rate he's going he'll make Bill Clinton jealous in another few months).

Now I am wondering if SE Cupp's idea about why those who dislike Sarah Palin, dislike her because she's happy... I wonder if that's a big part of the animosity toward President George W. Bush.

Jay's audience is more Middle American than Letterman's. Jay may be just as liberal, but he seems to be more fair in his jokes.

PS I think Jimmy Fallon and Conan (welcome back, BTW!) are in that vein too, for the most part.

I don't think that Jay is liberal. I think that he's much closer to Mickey Kaus in his view than to oh, say Nancy Pelosi.

I think Craig Ferguson might be the only real conservative in the bunch, but he comes on so late that I usually don't watch it because I'm sleeping. But I do like Conan, and Leno keeps his political thoughts mostly to himself.

Letterman has gone Chris Matthews with Obambi and the tingly feeling in his leg when he was once the funniest guy on TV. Since he went to CBS, he's gone steadily downhill. Now, I don't even waste my time watching him, because he's gone uber-liberal.

If you want to watch a funny conservative talk-show, check out Red-Eye on FNC. It comes on at a very horrible hour unless you have insomnia, but it's always funny, and they usually find at least one hottie(for the guys) who's a Republican(or at least right of Snowe and Collins).

Now I am wondering if SE Cupp's idea about why those who dislike Sarah Palin, dislike her because she's happy... I wonder if that's a big part of the animosity toward President George W. Bush.

Oh that is a HUGE part of it, imo. AND what drives them the craziest, is that he comes from an "elite" family and doesn't really give a rats...well, you know....what they think about him. He chose US over THEM. He'd rather hang out with US, then THEM. He thinks we're plenty smart, very entertaining and he actually LIKES us. EVEN when he had the CHOICE between us.

What could make a liberal elite more hysterical than that?

I think Craig Ferguson might be the only real conservative in the bunch, but he comes on so late that I usually don't watch it because I'm sleeping. But I do like Conan, and Leno keeps his political thoughts mostly to himself.

Letterman has gone Chris Matthews with Obambi and the tingly feeling in his leg when he was once the funniest guy on TV. Since he went to CBS, he's gone steadily downhill. Now, I don't even waste my time watching him, because he's gone uber-liberal.

If you want to watch a funny conservative talk-show, check out Red-Eye on FNC. It comes on at a very horrible hour unless you have insomnia, but it's always funny, and they usually find at least one hottie(for the guys) who's a Republican(or at least right of Snowe and Collins).

Boy do I agree with every word of this. I used to be such a huge Letterman fan. I loved his off beat regulars, the stupid stunts...the college-frat inspired stunts. And then he turned into a grouchy, leftist pervert. Heart attacks and kids generally soften a person up a bit...but they just made him completely void of humor.

I love Ferguson and Conan, and Leno is ok although he mostly makes me miss the cool class of Johnny C.

For sheer hilarity chat hilarity though, I watch the British Version of Top Gear. They often have interesting celebrities on, do fun stuff with them and they're just a joy to watch. Actually reminds me of the same sort of vibe you get from Ferguson's show.

Red Eye is great, but I think I'm probably a bit old to be watching that show. I always feel like I'm spying on the kids. :lol:

shoutPolly!

If CBS wanted to boost their ratings(which are in the tank for the most part), they'd switch the time slots for Ferguson and Letterman because Craig is likeable while Dave is turning into an embarrassment who comes off as old and bitter. It'll never happen, but Ferguson should remember that Fox is always looking for good late-night talent(as opposed to Jimmy Kimmel and Letterman).

As for me, my medicine usually knocks me out around 9-10PM and I wake up around 1:45 in the morning, so I'm primed for 'Red-Eye' and it never fails to make me laugh while I try to go back to sleep after it's over(plus, as hot as that Megyn Kelly GQ pic was, Juliet Huddy has always been my favorite FNC newsbabe, and she does show up there now and then. I'm still waiting to see if my other favorite, Laura Ingraham will dip her toes into that one...) B)

shoutPolly!

If CBS wanted to boost their ratings(which are in the tank for the most part), they'd switch the time slots for Ferguson and Letterman because Craig is likeable while Dave is turning into an embarrassment who comes off as old and bitter. It'll never happen, but Ferguson should remember that Fox is always looking for good late-night talent(as opposed to Jimmy Kimmel and Letterman).

As for me, my medicine usually knocks me out around 9-10PM and I wake up around 1:45 in the morning, so I'm primed for 'Red-Eye' and it never fails to make me laugh while I try to go back to sleep after it's over(plus, as hot as that Megyn Kelly GQ pic was, Juliet Huddy has always been my favorite FNC newsbabe, and she does show up there now and then. I'm still waiting to see if my other favorite, Laura Ingraham will dip her toes into that one...) B)

What's interesting about the way that the nets are doing this stuff these days is that it's based on length of time on the air, not merit anymore. I think that shows in the ratings and I think your Dave/Craig swap would be great.

Juliet Huddy is very funny. I like her too. I'm a fan of both Megyn and Juliet, and while I don't hate Laura, she's just not in my top favs. I may just not get her on the right level...you know, not being male and all. :lol:

For me, Laura has always been more attractive, and reasonable, than the FR posterbabe: Ann Coulter. Her writing is more dry and less acerbic, but she is just as scathing in live interviews when guest hosting for O'Reilly. I just find her more likeable, personally. The fact that she's good looking HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS OPINION. B)

For me, Laura has always been more attractive, and reasonable, than the FR posterbabe: Ann Coulter. Her writing is more dry and less acerbic, but she is just as scathing in live interviews when guest hosting for O'Reilly. I just find her more likeable, personally. The fact that she's good looking HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS OPINION. B)

Ha! Well I agree with you there! When you guys have the opportunity to listen to minds like those of Megyn Kelly, Juliet Huddy and Laura, I've never understood why Ann is chosen.

And Laura is tough and smart, so I wholeheartedly support your position on this!

I've noticed that with the exception of Kirsten Powers, almost all female liberals are mean, unattractive, and angry(Hello, Your Heinousness! Pelosi! Helen Thomas!). Conservative ladies are always good looking, friendly, and fun to talk to. It's why I'm still a registered Republican... B)