Chinese woman gets sent to labor camp for using Twitter

Geee

chinese-woman-gets-sent-to-labor-camp-for-using-twitter-108999039.html
Washington Examiner:

In case you’d forgotten, the communist regime in China is a bunch of oppressive monsters:

A Chinese woman has been sentenced to a year in a labor camp for retweeting a Twitter post that mocked Chinese protesters who smashed Japanese products during a recent demonstration, her fiance said Thursday.

On October 17, Cheng Jianping, under the username wangyi09, added a few words to a message written by her fiance, before resending it on Twitter.

Eleven days later on the day the couple had planned to marry, Cheng’s fiance, Hua Chunhui was taken away by the police from his office in the southeastern city of Wuxi.snip

Geee!

Frightening. If some could get their way IP addresses and SSNs would be one and the same.

Chines woman given hard labour for Twitter comment

snipMiss Jianping, who is understood to be in her 20s, disappeared on her wedding day - 10 days after retweeting a satirical suggestion that the Japanese Pavilion at the Shanghai Expo be attacked.

Her fiancé Hua Chunhui sent the original tweet, apparently mocking China's young nationalist demonstrators who had destroyed Japanese products in protest over a maritime incident between China and Japan involving the disputed DIaoyu/Senkaku islands.

Mr Chunhui is not thought to have been charged over the tweet, Amnesty International told Channel 4 News. However, Miss Jianping was detained and sentenced to a year of 're-education through labour' on Monday.

Mr Chunhui's tweet originally read: "Anti-Japanese demonstrations, smashing Japanese products, that was all done years ago by Guo Quan (an activist and expert on the Nanjing Massacre). It's no new trick. If you really wanted to kick it up a notch, you’d immediately fly to Shanghai to smash the Japanese Expo pavilion."

snip

snip

Mr Chunhui is not thought to have been charged over the tweet, Amnesty International told Channel 4 News. However, Miss Jianping was detained and sentenced to a year of 're-education through labour' on Monday.

And in our wonderful country a man (Rangle) who committed REAL crimes only gets "censured"--which to me is almost as reprehensible as China's overly harsh sentence of Miss Jianping. I would certainly like to see Mr. Rangle get re-educated for a year and especially "through labor"!

PS: Pollyshout--I believe the quote is allowed to be on the inside of any punction mark that has two parts to it, e.g. ; : ? !) ;)

snip

And in our wonderful country a man (Rangle) who committed REAL crimes only gets "censured"--which to me is almost as reprehensible as China's overly harsh sentence of Miss Jianping. I would certainly like to see Mr. Rangle get re-educated for a year and especially "through labor"!

PS: Pollyshout--I believe the quote is allowed to be on the inside of any punction mark that has two parts to it, e.g. ; : ? !) ;)

Heh. I think you're right, since it depends on the usage. But if I'm being judged on my grammar, spelling and punctuation here...I'm totally screwed up. I'm taking the GWB defense: Smart but not that good at that stuff. :lol: