Why stop with driving distractions like cell phones, Secretary LaHood?

Geee

Why-stop-with-driving-distractions-like-cell-phones-Secretary-LaHood-104737434.html
Washington Examiner:

Why stop with driving distractions like cell phones, Secretary LaHood?

10/11/10 7:00 PM EDT

President Barack Obama speaks to reporters in the Rose Garden to highlight a new report on the impact of his $50 billion infrastructure-investment proposal, Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 at the White House in Washington. On stage with Obama are from left to right, Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood, Gov. Ed Rendell, D-Penn., and Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.
Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood has decided that American adults can't be trusted to drive safely unless he tells us how. That means no more talking on the cell phone while tooling down the road.

And soon it will also mean no bluetooth or other hands-free cell phone if the former Illinois RINO congressman gets his way, according to Bloomberg News:

“'I don’t want people talking on phones, having them up to their ear or texting while they’re driving,' LaHood said in an interview this week. 'We need a lot better research on other distractions,' including Bluetooth-enabled hands-free calls and the in-car systems, he said."snip

Ok. I see where this is going.

"And while we are at it, I think the radio is a HUGE distraction to drivers. So I think we should outlaw that too. Especially TALK radio." :lol:

Ok. I see where this is going.

"And while we are at it, I think the radio is a HUGE distraction to drivers. So I think we should outlaw that too. Especially TALK radio." :lol:

I seem to recall that car radios were initially thought of as being too much of a distraction. Fail. I wasn't all that concerned about people talking their cell phones until I was almost creamed by a driver going through a red light. Even hands free is going to cause problems. Talking on phone requires too much attention.