Working for Dobbs (Undocumented Immigrants?)

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
politicalwire.com
POLITICAL WIRE:

An investigation by The Nation finds that former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs -- who has heaped scorn on businesses that hire undocumented immigrants -- actually employed five undocumented immigrants himself at his New Jersey horse farm.

politicalwire.com
POLITICAL WIRE:

An investigation by The Nation finds that former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs -- who has heaped scorn on businesses that hire undocumented immigrants -- actually employed five undocumented immigrants himself at his New Jersey horse farm.

OOPS!

Former CNN talk show host Lou Dobbs, who is known for his hard line on illegal immigration, today denied that he has ever hired illegal immigrants.

"I have never, nor has The Dobbs Group at any time, hired an illegal immigrant," Dobbs said on his radio show this afternoon.

Dobbs was responding to a story in the Nation magazine alleging that he "has relied for years on undocumented labor for the upkeep of his multimillion-dollar estates and the horses he keeps for his 22-year-old daughter."

snip

Dobbs, who called the story a "fairly typical hit piece, a smear piece," interviewed the reporter behind the story, Isabel Macdonald, on the radio show. He repeatedly asked Macdonald if he or his company had ever hired illegal immigrants.

Macdonald eventually allowed that Dobbs and his company had not - but she said that his contractors had done so. She pressed Dobbs on why he had not checked the status of the workers.

snip

CBS News

Often time people such as Dobbs, Whitman, etc. do not actually do the hiring. They contract it out to another company, and it is that company's responsibility to verify a person's immigration status.

However, if a conservative turns out to have employed an illegal, even if they were innocent such as Whitman, the media will pull the usual hatchet job.

A bit of irony from Wiki:

"He is married to his second wife, Debi Lee Segura, a Mexican-American who was, at one time, a CNN sports anchor. The couple has had four children together."

pollyannaish

Glass houses and all that jazz. But I have to say that the left is more than happy to out our side and we know it.

The question that always leaves for me is this: What do we do about it? Out them? Try to be perfect and perpetually chase our own tails and defeat ourselves? Rise above it? Say we're sorry and move on?

Maybe we need an investigation into who takes care of the estates of Kerry, Clinton, et al. I just can't see BJ or Hillary investigating the citizenship of their help.

Glass houses and all that jazz. But I have to say that the left is more than happy to out our side and we know it.

The question that always leaves for me is this: What do we do about it? Out them? Try to be perfect and perpetually chase our own tails and defeat ourselves? Rise above it? Say we're sorry and move on?

I think we can let these things pass by any more. We have to call them on it. This guy, Gloria Alred. At least now we have SOME media on our side and I think they did a half way descent job on the Alred thing. Governor Christie does not let any reporter or questioner get away with misleading questions. People here are starting to question ads running that are misleading and the candidates are having immediate press conferences or running counter ads quickly. Some of the ads they are running have the same tired old buzz words-big oil blah blah blah-big business blah blah blah-tax breaks for the rich blah blah blah. People are getting sick of their tactics and wising up to it.